Sarah83's New Diary

I am so very very excited, but really scared too...
It's just nice to vent my excitement on here in my virtual world rather than out there in the real world!!
Only person I've told is one of the girls at work as she's trying too and I was going through all my symptoms and dates with her so couldn't really have hidden it.
We're telling MIL & SIL on Saturday (SIL's baby is due end of Feb)... exciting stuff!

I'd love to start trying but OH is not convinced at all - too scared of the loss of spontaneity / independence / lie-ins! He's 31 which is a perfectly reasonable age to start a family so I keep telling him to grow up... hopefully I'll break him down in the end! :)

Give him time... he'll come round I'm sure! Funnily enough it was my hubby who was broodier than me!!

Ok, this trying to stick to plan thing isn't quite working... I just don't seem to fancy anything at the moment. It must be a daytime thing though as I've been fine in the evenings...
I couldn't face my pasta for lunch so ended up getting a choc covered star cookie from Greggs instead...
Guess I've just got to make sure I have really really tasty appealing things for lunch and dinner rather than same old... might actually fancy it then!

Maybe if you fancy sweet things you could bring Alpen bars to work or make low syn cakes. It's all exciting stuff from now on! Are you going to tell your in laws in a special way or just say it? When is your first scan? I'm afraid I might become a pain asking you all sorts about your pregnancy, my baby is growing and I'm so broody!!! (but need to wait for my husband's new business to work well before we have number 2!)
Prawnchopsuey, Tell your other half you can still be spontaneous and independent to a certain extent with a baby, you just take them with you! As for lie ins....well you change and all of a sudden 8 o'clock is a fantastic lie in! I'm sure he'll get there anyway.

I've no idea how we're going to tell them! It's going to seem strange telling someone else. And we have no idea when we'll tell my dad as don't see him that often, plus we don't have a great relationship (I.e. Ours is the type we don't really talk about anything 'important') so not sure how he'll take it.
Scan-wise - no idea I guess they'll tell me at my first midwife appointment (booked for 10th feb)
I've set up a pregnancy diary in the pregnancy forum (link in my sig) so will bore on about all my thoughts, feelings and symptoms on there if you want to pop in and ask me loads of questions- I'm sure I'll be doing the same to you!

Yesterday was a disaster!! I really need to get a grip...
I was just so tired I couldn't face cooking and we ended up having a Dominos aaargh!

I do have a plan though... I think at some point at the weekend, when I've got some sort of energy back, I will do a load of batch cooking so I've got my own syn free 'ready meals' ready to go... so I'd better get onto Tesco to order some food in.

I'm so tired all of the time. We're going to a pub quiz tonight, it starts around 8/8.30ish and finishes at 11. Absolutely no idea how I'm going to cope - I was asleep in bed at 8.30 last night!! Think I'm going to have to have a sneaky nap when I get home from work so our friends don't suspect. It's going to be hard enough explaining to them why I'm not drinking, most reasons go out the window as they give us a lift to and from work - so no 'I've been to the docs for antibiotics' or 'I've got to be up really early in the morning' excuses are going to work... any ideas?

Tuesday 25th January - Green

Breakfast:
WM Toastie
5 syns for bread
HEXA for cheese
Tomato

Lunch:
Pasta, passatta, pepper, onion

Dinner:
Pasta bolognese
HEXB for beef
HEXA for cheese
Garlic bread - 7?

Snacks/Drinks:
Decaf coffee x 1 - 1 syn
Water
Ginger & lemon tea

Alpen lights x 2 - HEXB
Carrot sticks
Lime squash x 3 ?? - 3 syns?

Total Syns: 16 (not sooo bad...)

Last edited:
That won't work either as we'll go in rounds...
I think I'm going to have to do the whole - "I had a blow out on Saturday night so trying to be good so soft drinks for me blah blah blah"
Don't know how well that'll cut though...

Am feeling very sick this morning... so slowly nibbling on an Alpen light to try and ease it a little
Thanks Kibou - I think it is sweet stuff I fancy so I'll bring cereal bars in every day I think to keep the monsters at bay!

Yeah I'd say that you're trying really hard with the sw and say you slipped up the other night having dominos so no drinking to compensate that! Good luck and congratulations on expecting! x

Bummer on the rounds, there's been several times when I've asked for a diet coke, and asked them to make it look like a vodka and coke! Saying you had a blow out and are trying to claw back the syns would work though, or saying that you think you are drinking too much, so feel you need to cut it out for a bit.

I would agree with the others, say you're trying to be really good (even maybe saying you put on weight last week so want to be extra good), or maybe just say you're not feeling well (but don't ever give that excuse in the morning! I had terrible morning sickness at first and one day at work I had to tell my colleague I didn't feel well, blaming it on a stomach bug, her first reaction was to ask me if I was pregnant!!! Let's just say my "no" for an answer wasn't very convincing, she reminded me of that when I announced I was pregnant 2 months later!
For morning sickness I would eat dry ww toast and from age frais and drinking sparkling water and it would really help but if you have a sweet tooth you could have jam instead (my mum used to do that!)...
Bope the tiredness and sickness stops soon (they say around 16 weeks I think) x

Had a really fun night last night! And didn't have a problem at all as my boozeaholic friends didn't actually want to drink either - phew! Which meant my hubby was the only one drinking
I stuck to lime & soda - no idea how many syns though as the lime squash was obviously not sugar free...

And I had a bit more energy yesterday which was good as we didn't leave until 10.30... I did start flagging majorly at 10ish though!

Hope you're all doing ok! xx

Wednesday 26th January - Extra Easy

Breakfast:
WM Toast - HEXB
Clover Light - 2 syns
Cooked through 'fried' egg

Lunch:
Pasta, veggies and passatta
EL Mayo - 1.5 syns

Dinner:
Beef chilli - 2 syns for chorizo
Wedges - 2 syns
Cheese - half HEXA
Ketchup - 1.5syns

Snacks/Drinks:
Decaf coffee x 2 - half hexa
Water
SF Squash
Half Starbucks cookie - 7 syns

Total Syns: 16

Last edited:
Hi Sarah,

What lovely news that you are expecting, congratulations.

I havent been on here for ages, sort of lost my way but i'm trying to climb back on that wagon this week.

Hope you're not feeling too sicky, i had bad morning sickness for 16 weeks when i had Stan ( i feel for you).

Take care xx

Thanks Hannah - good to see you back and good luck climbing back on that wagon!

I haven't started suffering from morning sickness yet, in fact I haven't had many symptoms at all - although it's still early days it doesn't stop me getting paranoid!
I've just had a few slight waves of nausea but not that often, also I can't seem to manage big meals at the mo either and end up only eating 2/3 of what I've put on my plate.

The biggest thing for me at the mo is the tiredness - all I want to do is sleep :eek:.
It comes over in waves all through the day, one minute I'm fine, 10 mins later I'm nearly sleeping on my desk! I've taken to snoozing on the sofa in the evenings and in the car to and from work... I feel so lazy!! In fact I'm going to finish early today, take back some travelling time from my trip to Birmingham yesterday, and just go home and sleep...
Ridiculous!!

Didn't have a very good day yesterday food-wise, will post my naughty diary in a sec...

Thursday 27th January - M2M

Breakfast (neutral):
Small white roll - 7 syns
Egg & cheese - HEXA

Lunch (red):
Buffet sandwiches
HEXB for 1 slice WM bread
4 syns for 1 slice white bread
Various fillings - tuna, cheese, chicken - Half HEXA for cheese
2 syns for mayo
Fruit

Dinner (green):
SF Lentil Dahl
Rice

Snacks/Drinks:
Decaf coffee - Half HEXA
Diet coke
Water
SF squash

Twix - 11 syns
Cream egg - ?? syns

Total syns - 24 without the cream egg :cry:

Friday 28th January - Green/EE ??

Breakfast:
Fibre Plus bar - HEXB

Lunch:
Rice salad
Loads of veggies and fruit in it
2 syns for olive oil & sesame oil in dressing

Dinner:
???? To be decided...

Drinks/Snacks:
1 x decaf coffee - HEXA
Water
SF Squash

Wotsits - 5 syns

Total Syns: 7 planned

Morning gorgeous!
You might be a lucky one and get away without morning sickness - I'm sure lots of people do, think of all the women who don't even realise they're pregnant until 3 months plus!
Don't worry about the excess syns yesterday, I tucked into my fruit and nut wreath and made quite a dent in it I can tell you. Oh dear!
Going to aim for a 100% weekend but I am being well and truly led astray by the chocolate monster this week :(

Back