Sarah83's New Diary

Morning Sarah,

Don't panic about not having any symptoms yet, my morning sickness did not kick in till about 7 weeks, make the most of not feeling sick :jelous: My sister is having her 3rd baby and she didnt get sick with any of them!! lucky girl.

I craved ice and tesco chocolate croissants, i managed to put on 3 stone!!! i will def be following SW when i decide to have my next one.

Take care of yourself and little Pip.

xx :)

You might be a lucky one and get away without morning sickness - I'm sure lots of people do, think of all the women who don't even realise they're pregnant until 3 months plus!

Funnily enough my sister-in-law is one of them!! She was just really tired and thought she was ill... she wasn't actually sick until after she found out at 14 weeks, and even then I think she was only sick once or twice.

Damn that evil chocolate monster :mad: I think I'm going through a 'well I can't drink wine so may as well eat chocolate' phase

I definately am starting to feel a bit more emotional... I sat here with tears in my eyes reading your posts !! Need to get a grip - work already think I'm going mad as my baby brain has definately hit and I keep saying things that make no sense whatsoever... :rolleyes:

Oh and yay I managed to get a 1.30 finish today - phew! So a quick trip to the vets to pick up more thyroid tablets for kitty then home to my bed...

I craved ice and tesco chocolate croissants, i managed to put on 3 stone!!!

I've tried telling myself I'll only put on 1 stone max... just hope I can stick to that. Keeping hopeful as even though I haven't been eating very well, I haven't been eating much so hopefully will counteract :p

I haven't really had any cravings yet I think, apart from really liking the smell of my leather handbag in the car the other day :confused: and I do keep fancying ketchup and cheese too... but that could just be me as I didn't exactly dislike them before...
My motto is I will try to stick to plan wherever possible but if I fancy something I will have it...

You can always get any excess weight off after the little one arrives, enjoy your pregnancy, it goes so fast!!

Well I STS this week which I'm pretty relieved about!
I treated myself to a lovely long lie in - ended up getting up just after 12 after catching up on tv and watching V for Vendetta.

Oooh we're telling hubby's mum and sister this afternoon at the pub... Wish us luck!

Had a lovely evening - they're delighted of course. MIL is ecstatic she's going to be a grannie twice this year! Phew it's all of a sudden a bit too real now.

Oops had food out so I didn't have to cook... Had welsh rarebit and chips - not very SW friendly but tasty!

I'm glad you had a good response to your news. Telling other people always makes it more real and now you don't have to hide it!

Ha ha definitely makes it more real! We're not telling anyone else yet though... Not until our scan if we can help it

Hi everyone hope you're all having great weekends! I've had a bit of an energy burst today so done a load of batch cooking! In total I have made:
- 8 portions of quorn bolognese
- 8 portions mixed bean chilli (thanks to PCS)
- 6 portions lamb rogan Josh - currently bubbling away in the slow cooker

So no excuses this week of not being bothered to cook!

Haven't had a great couple of days food-wise... but again I haven't been eating much at all...

Had a wierd rush of energy yesterday doing all that cooking! Although my back was killing by the end of it from being on my feet so much!

Food yesterday wasn't great though...

Breakfast: None
Lunch: French bread with cheese :eek:
Dinner: Roast chicken, Roast potatoes & parsnips, carrots
Pudding: Bread & butter pudding and ice cream (home made - not that it makes it any better :eek:)
All tiny portions mind...

Also watched a fab movie yesterday which really touched me, it was one of the new Sky Movies premiers this week... 'My Name is Khan'. It was a Bollywood movie about all the prejudice against muslims after 9/11. It was also a really touching story about struggles with autism. Highly recommend, although half of it is subtitled so you do need to be in the mood to watch it!!

Monday 31st January - Green/EE (TBC)

Breakfast:
1 slice white toast with clover light & nutella :eek:

Lunch:
Pasta
Salad veggies - tomato, red pepper, spring onion, sweetcorn
FF Fromage frais
Red pesto - 1 syn

Dinner:
Mixed bean chilli, rice and 2 x hexa's cheese

Drinks/Snacks:
1 x decaf coffee
SF squash

Last edited:
HI Sarah, STS for me too this week, I had a naughty weekend, I just can't get myself back in the zone! I think I need to get back to the gym ASAP... as much as anything it gets me out of the house and away from food!! I'm trying to have a stern talk with myself as I want to be at least a stone lighter by July and it's not going to happen at this rate!

Great plan for the batch cooking (especially the chilli ;) ). The great thing about your tiredness is that you can pop off to bed nice and early and avoid chocolate o'clock :)

You know you can do it if you really put your mind to it... and it WILL happen!
Chilli was really nice when I tasted it... used cannelini and black eyed beans. Think I put a bit too much chilli in it though!
I was quite impressed I managed to make 8 portions out of your recipe so the freezers packed!

The lamb curry tasted fantastic too... meat just fell apart. And totally syn free so that's a bonus. I've really got no excuses this week!!

I was thinking you said 4 portions, teehee!!
We'll probably have some tonight me thinks... with rice, some FF fromage frais and cheese. Just hope the chilli heat hasn't developed too much overnight or hubby will kill me - I'm terrible at putting too much chilli in my recipes. I've got the fromage frais to cool it down luckily!

I know you're not a huge meat eater but I do recommend the curry - it's out of that little Hamlyn slow cooker recipe book...

Was it the lamb rogan josh?? I made that over Christmas and it was nice - and I'm not a big fan of lamb because it IS so meaty and can be quite chewy, but it came out lovely from the slow cooker :)

Yeah that's the one. I've made it with beef before and it was ok, but tried it with the lamb yesterday and it really did just melt in the mouth...

Had a lovely walk for lunch, having a nose at maternity clothes (a bit early I know!), but I particularly need to find a dress/outfit to wear at least twice - an evening wedding reception, and hubby's 30th birthday (shockingly enough one's the day after the other!), I'll be 16 weeks by then so not sure if I will be showing by then. Seen a lovely one in Mothercare - plain black with a V neckline and short sleeves, sits just below the knee...

Here's the link:

http://www.mothercare.com/Mothercar...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42793041&mcb=core

Last edited:
You're prob right... Think I'm just using it as an excuse to do more shopping lol!! Not that I really need an excuse...

Back