Sarah83's New Diary

Hi hun, I'm doing ok.

Feel like I've got the hangover from hell today (funny that when I haven't touched alcohol for over 3 weeks :eek:!). I'm really struggling in work today so I've booked a few Fridays off over the next few weeks so I can have a shorter working week - I'm just so shattered!

And somehow I've got to meet my friend after work for drinks and food (while persuading her that I can't drink as I'm on antibiotics ;)), I've already cancelled once so can't again...

Still feeling really positive about Monday, again I honestly think I'd know if there was something wrong.

My appetite seems to be creeping back - I've been a bad bad girl though... Dinners this week have consisted of:
Cheeseburger and fries from takeaway
Beans & sausages on white toast with cheese
Pizza, garlic bread & salad
Chinese takeaway

The real problem I've got at the moment is the cooking side of things - I just can't fathom any interest in being around food at the moment, just the thought of it makes me feel sick! :jelous: Which is why at the moment the only way I'm eating is for the food to be put in front of me without me having any involvement in the preparation of it.

I'm hoping this will change soon, as I really need to start eating more healthily. So I'm hoping that if everything goes ok Monday I can really get my head into gear and start eating properly again...

Thanks hun, I'm feeling pretty anxious but still keeping my fingers crossed everything will be ok. I'll let you all know when I get back tonight

All is good! I'm still measuring a bit small but we saw the baby and heartbeat, and have a photo too! Really happy, can start relaxing now!

Happy valentines day!xx

Glad everything's ok with your baby, make sure you still have plenty of rest and enjoy a nice valentine's evening. You must be both so relieved x

We really are, celebrating with an Indian takeaway from tesco. Forgot to say too that hubby, the absolute sweetheart, had a huge bunch of roses delivered to work on Friday bless him, I was in tears in work

So pleased for you Sarah! What a relief! You can start to relax a bit more now and hopefully enjoy your pregnancy! (hopefully the nausea will go after the first trimester!)
Bet it was awesome hearing your baby's heartbeat :D

Sounds like you've had a fab day too :D

Right... I know I've been neglecting my diary.

Mainly because you really don't want to hear what I've been eating, it's all been off plan and basically dictated by what my body wants and when I'm feeling up to eating it. I'm still off food, so I can eat something small if it's put in front of me, but if I have to even think about the preparation of it, I feel sick. And I'm sticking to pretty bland suppers too i.e. beans on toast, cheese on toast etc.

So I won't be boring you with what I'm eating, but I will make sure I keep popping on to say hi and share how I'm feeling.

I'm really hoping my appetite gets back to normal for 2nd tri - I will get right back on plan then and start filling up on tons of fruit and veg (which currently I feel :jelous: at the thought of).

Had a nice day in work today - we had an incentive so I pulled a quiz together to give out to everyone, as well as buying and giving out sweets to everyone. Makes a change doing something nice, as morale's so low at the mo, with our office closing at the end of the year.
Although I did nearly collapse from rushing up and down giving stuff out - really need to start knowing where my limits are as it doesn't take much to make me feel quite dizzy!

I'm also still waiting on pins about my SIL. Her baby is due on the 25th Feb, but the baby's been engaged since the 7th so I don't think it's going to be long... oooohhhh I can't wait to be an auntie!!

And finally I am dead excited about our trip to London for my birthday. It's only 2 weeks away!!
I just hope my appetite's back so I can indulge (especially in the hotel breakfast ;)), and I hope I'm not quite as exhausted so I've got the energy to do what we want to do. I've booked tickets for the London Eye and the Aquarium using my Clubcard vouchers, and we're planning on going into as many of the museums and art galleries as we can (Well they are free to get into after all!). I can't see us doing much in the evenings though - considering I'm usually sleeping by 8.30pm :p

Right that's enough rambling, and I promise I will keep coming on here to update, except I won't be updating my food lol! Hmmm interesting for a food diary lol!

Hope you're all having a good day x

How cute is that on your ticker:
"Baby is moving those little arms, legs and fingers and toes" :)

Do make sure you keep on here even if there's no food involved - we all want to know how you are getting on! I am sure your appetite will come back , and before you know it you'll be eating for two and wishing it would go away again ;)

London sounds amazing too, and a great way to celebrate your birthday and also the successful scan - with an amazing hubby and baby on the way, don't let the office morale get you down, your future is very bright :)

I do worry what people's reactions will be - I'm losing my job, have no financial security yet I'm having a baby...
Yet to us (and quite a few other girls in work) it is the most natural thing to do - this way I get to take a nice bit of time off with full maternity pay, with additional accrued holidays of course, get another years service to add on to my redundancy, then a nice redundancy payment at the end. Plus the flexibility of going into the right job afterwards.
I'm particularly worried about one friends reaction - he is so money driven, and is a worrier too, plus him and his gf never plan on marrying or having kids so I just don't think he'll get it. Never mind though...
I'm also worried about my Dad's reaction - we've never really had a close relationship (it's been more of a forced relationship since my Mum passed away), and he's not a very emotional person. So I really don't know how he'll react... We're planning on going to the Isle of Wight to visit him after my 12 week scan. Then obviously after that we'll tell everyone else!

I agree with you to be honest, I think it's an ideal time with the situation you are in, and also when you come to applying for new jobs I think it puts you in a stronger position to say 'I've had my maternity leave to consider career avenues blah blah blah', than to say 'I've been made redundant and need a job, any job...' Not that the latter would be your interview answer but from an interviewer's perspective I imagine it can seem like that, especially if candidates are looking for work in different fields to their last job.

When it comes to telling people, I can't imagine anyone voicing their concern, even if they do think it's a bad idea. I am sure your dad will be ahppier than you think, even if he struggles to communicate it :)

Financially, there's never a good time to have kids, since the mum will always have to have a bit of time off work to recover, then even if both partners go back to work ASAP there's childcare costs which are crazy-expensive. And kids are NEVER going to help you save money with another person to feed / clothe / take on holiday. So your friend who is money-driven is never going to get it, but he wouldn't get why anyone would have kids as they're not going to make you a profit!

Don't let worrying about breaking the news crush your joy at all - it's the best news in the world !! ;)

Happy Friday everyone!!

Had docs yesterday morning where I had to fill in a couple of bits and pieces for one of the midwives and picked up some leaflets. Got this great booklet full of freebies I can go and collect.
As you've probably realised by now I love freebies and a good bargain so if anyone hears of any baby freebies please let me know!!
I've already joined about 10 online baby clubs so I'm due to have delievered, a cuddly cow, a cuddly polar bear, a pregnancy diary, loads of booklets, magazines and coupons... all for free yay!! Plus with the Boots baby club you get a free changing bag worth £30!

I'm so glad it's Friday - I'm absolutely exhausted today. So glad I've booked next Friday off as holiday - I just can't cope with a 5 day week anymore :eek:. I was supposed to be in London for a meeting today, which would have meant leaving the house at 5am and getting home about 8pm ish. Luckily I managed to persuade someone else to go instead, but I can honestly say I have no idea how I would have coped !

Haven't got any major plans for the weekend -we're going into Cardiff tomorrow. I switched £5 worth of clubcard vouchers for 2 main courses in Prezzo - so we're treating ourselves to lunch, plus we're going to wander round Cardiff museum and get ourselves all 'cultured' before our many-museum and gallery trip to London!
No doubt we may pop into some shops and try out prams too.
Hubby is going to start learning to drive next month, in the hope that we can get a car sorted by the time the baby is born... and he's joked that we'll probably have a tougher decision picking a pram than we will our first car ;)

Anyways hope you're all having good days xx

Wow, Sarah you have done VERY well with all the freebies – loving that! :D The changing bag sounds the best – you cannot beat a good bargain – even better when it’s free!!

The London trip sounds fab – I was there on a training course a couple of weeks ago and managed to get round and done some of the ‘touritsy’ things on my lonesome! Love London! It’s a proper mission from all the way up here so felt like I was on a bit of a holiday !! (even if Iwas alone :D!) Hope you have a fab time!

Your weekend sounds lovely – I went pram shopping with my sis and my God there is millions to choose from! It’s mind boggling!!.....but good fun, and very exciting – it made it real in my mind that I was going to have a little niece / nephew soon (turned out to be a niece) - so I can’t imagine how exciting it will be for you with him/her in your tummy!
Enjoy every minute x x

I've done that before - wandered over to Buckingham Palace after a meeting just because I had time to kill before the train! Lol - I sent a pic to my SIL confusing the hell out of her as she didn't know I was away with work!
Picked up another pregnancy magazine lunchtime so will be trawling through there looking for more freebies, and there's an article about what to do if you're feeling tired which I'm very interested in, as well as a free sun shade for the car!

Well done on the bargains!!! Have you signed up to get your bounty packs? You get one during pregnancy, 2 at birth then one when the baby is 6 months old. In those packs you get vouchers and samples. I think sainsbury's have a baby club, which I think is where the vouchers for baby food I receive come from (still receive them even though Eliza is 19 months old!!!)
Have a lovely weekend x

I saw the Bounty packs advertised in the hospital when I had my scan. I think it said I wouldn't get my first one until my dating scan...
I think I already signed up for Sainsburys! Will be useful in future as they're opening a new store right by our house towards the end of the year.
Yay almost hometime - I have been nearly dropping off at my desk today, can't wait to get home to my sofa!

Back