Sarah83's New Diary

Woohoo I'm an auntie!
SIL had baby at 11 this morning. Everything went really well but I know no more at this stage after hubby's rushed phone call at 11.30!
We're going over to the hospital later so I'm going to bake some biscuits to take over

Just got back from the hospital - she's gorgeous and so well behaved! Only grizzled a bit and slept the whole time even being handed to and from everybody! Bless her x

Her name's Madison, we're going over next weekend for Sunday dinner. Can't wait to spend lots of time with her!

Don't know what's up with me today but I feel really moody - everything seems to be irritating me :mad:
I know mood swings are associated with pregnancy, but it's not something I've ever really experienced (even with PMT), I haven't even had the emotional side of things, but boy am I moody today!
So that means head down, and avoid as many people in work as possible lol!
Oh and after 2 ginger teas and a cereal bar, my nausea seems to be under control for now :rolleyes:

I've also been a good girl by trying to get over my aversion to cook/make anything - I've managed to make myself a salad for lunch! Although I did cheat somewhat by buying a salad bowl which included peppers, tomatoes etc, and just added a spoonful of coleslaw and some Bernard Matthews turkey tikka - so I didn't really make it, but it's still better than forking out to buy lunch every day!

Oh and you know I mentioned the friend who I'm worried about telling as he's very money orientated and just won't get it?
Well he annoyed me this morning by commenting on how annoyed he got in the pub Friday lunchtime when there was a group of mothers and noisy babies in there and why didn't they just meet in someones house, or just go to work, they shouldn't be in pubs etc etc grrrr :mad: I managed to bite my tongue... not sure how in my mood today!

Madisson is a lovely name, it makes me think of a pretty, sweet and calm little girl! I hope for the parents I'm right lol!
Well done on bringing your own lunch, and a very healthy salad as well!
I hope your mood is getting better, although you could always take it out on your friend! Just reading his comments about mothers in the pub put me in a bad mood!

Haha - I'm not that bad! I feel a bit better now - probably because I've got an early finish today as I don't have to hang around for a lift (with the same friend - another good thing today me thinks)- phew only an hour left! Pain is I've got to catch the train and it's raining.
I have been feeling so nauseous today (typical after having a few days of feeling ok!), so I'm going to stock up on ginger biscuits and crystalised ginger on my way home as nothing at all has worked today, even eating something only manages to relieve it for about 5 mins. Suppose I should be thankful I'm not actually being sick though!

Been nosing at maternity clothes online, I'm really not sure what to do... none of my size 16 trousers fit me any more, and I've literally only got 1 pair of 18 jeans! I know it's not a real bump at this stage and is mainly bloat, but it's still a pain in the bum having nothing that fits... and it's so uncomfortable to have anything remotely tight fitting on my waist. So I'm toying between getting some maternity trousers now, or buying some size 18s from Evans, with elasticated waists to keep me going. Either way I need to do something soon!

get one of those big stretchy bump bands that cover the waistband of your trousers! I can't wait to have an excuse to cover up the fact I've undone my flies after a meal - ha! Then you can always wear long tops to cover it, and save the maternity shopping for when you have a bigger bump :)

Those bump bands never worked for me! My trousers were just falling down and the band rolling up!
I would say buy some maternity trousers, some of them are made for the beginning of pregnancy, with elasticated bits on the side only... then again, I'm just the little devil sitting on your shoulder encouraging you to shop! Ah, ah, ah! ;-)

They've got the bump bands in new look - only £10 for 3. But my main gripe is I really want to be comfy walking round London without fear of my jeans falling down lol!
I might try some cheapies on in new look and peacocks - I won't get the proper elasticated whole waist ones but prob the ones with a bit of elastic on the sides. I'll get the bump bands later so I can wear normal shorter tops without my belly on show lol. It's horrible at the mo - the only trousers I'm comfy in are really loose PJ bottoms!!! I cant exactly wear those to work...

Hello!

Just been noseying at your diary and noticed you mentioned that you've been getting nausea- Holland and Barratt sell some non-alcoholic ginger wine that my friend swore by when she was pregnant. It's got quite a kick but because it's so gingery it really worked for her. It's a bit syrupy so I think it would work just as well diluted with still/sparkling water. Just thought I'd share! :)

Just been noseying at your diary and noticed you mentioned that you've been getting nausea- Holland and Barratt sell some non-alcoholic ginger wine that my friend swore by when she was pregnant. It's got quite a kick but because it's so gingery it really worked for her. It's a bit syrupy so I think it would work just as well diluted with still/sparkling water. Just thought I'd share! :)

Thanks hun!
Unfortunately being the fussy sod that I am, I just can't stand any gingery drinks so I think drinking them would be a bit counterproductive lol! Thanks for the tip though.

I've bought myself some gingersnap biscuits to nibble on today, urgh really not feeling great again - and it started first thing (normally it hangs on until I'm in work) so I couldn't eat all my porridge. I'm somehow exhausted this morning too, even after napping between 5-6.30 last night and going to bed at 9 :eek:
Honestly I don't mean to moan all the time - I really am happy. It's just harder to feel happy when you feel sick, exhausted and have a headache which you can't take anything for to boot!

On the plus side I've got another early finish today as I'm on the train and hubby is making tea of spaghetti hoops and cheese on toast - yay!
Oooh and London is edging ever closer - double yay! Just hope some of my energy returns by then!

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Had some fab news yesterday - our hotel room has been upgraded for London!!
I'd sent them a sneaky email saying we were arriving early and whether there was anywhere we could leave our bags (knowing full well from the website there's a concierge service) and throwing in 'it's for my birthday' and 'we're really looking forward to it' blah blah blah.
So had a lovely email back saying they've upgraded the room as it's a special occasion plus they've requested early check-in for us - yay!! Early check in will be fab as means we can have a half hour chill out before heading out to the big city, as we'll arrive about lunchtime-ish.

I'm feeling :jelous: still today, plus I'm feeling really quite dizzy so going to take it easy walking around...

Plus I may well pop into town and try on a couple of pairs of maternity jeans to cope with my bloatedness at the moment. Heehee not an excuse to shop at all ;)

I hope so! Although on the hotel website I can't really see much difference in the rooms, but I know the view is better so it's probably higher up - hopefully get a gorgeous view across the Thames of Canary Wharf.
Oooh I'm getting so excited now!

Hey hun!
Bet you are sooo excited now - and what a FAB idea to e-mail the hotel with a seemingly innocent question whilst dropping a few hints about the reason for the stay! And voila - a free upgrade! :D Brilliant - I will certainly be keeping this trick up my sleeve!

Sorry to hear you are still feeling sickly - I hope this passes soon and that you can enjoy your trip vom free! Morning sickness sounds like a right beast - but worth it to have such a precious thing happening to you! :)

Did you see any prams you liked the other day when you were shopping??

Thanks hun!
I can honestly say I've never tried anything like that with hotels before, so I'm chuffed to bits it actually worked! And hey I was only telling the truth!

Feeling a bit better this afternoon, and managing to tuck into a salad for lunch which is good... and yes I got my maternity jeans - they've only got a small elasticated panel and they're oh so comfy. Went for the cheapy option - £15 in New Look!

I did see a really nice Petite Star pram and car seat travel system in Boots, which I really like, but I think it must be quite new as I can't find many online reviews about it.
Although I was having a nose on the Mothercare website and one of their Travel systems was reduced from £400 to £200 so I'm going to pop in and see if they've got it in store, although I'm reluctant to buy anything (let alone a pram) until after my 12 week scan so just got to hope the offer's still around then if we like it...

Back