Sarah83's New Diary

Morning,

I've only just discovered Groupon but it looks really good. We booked some comedy tickets with about 60% off the other day.
So pleased for you that you're now in the second trimester of your pregnancy - where has that time gone?! I hope the yummy meal out is a sign that baby's going to treat you more kindly from now on!! :)
Well, maybe when today's sickness goes away :(

We only discovered Groupon recently but if it gives us an excuse to have a night away on the cheap - brilliant!! We'd easily spend £50 on a good meal out so having the B&B on top of that is brill!
My MIL uses it all the time - she's the one who recommended it to us.

Job of the day - buy some maternity work trousers as there is no chance mine will fit anymore now (have had dress down for the last few weeks so not needed to wear them and before that had to have the button undone), plus I've got a meeting in London tomorrow so better make a bit of an effort!
So I'm going to hit Peacocks maternity...

Enjoy the shopping!! :)

Have you been to Milan before Sarah? I haven't and have a day free to explore.. do you have any recommendations of what to see and do there? I think some shopping might be in order ;)

Never been to Milan, would love to for shopping though!
It's one of the only places in North Italy I haven't been.
I lived near Venice for just over 3 years when I was a child and fell in love with the country, so my memories tend to be quite sketchy! We had lots of holidays after moving back, to Lake Garda (would highly recommend), plus I did a sightseeing trek in my first summer uni break with my friend from halls when we did Rome, Pompeii, Capri etc. Mmmm we've really fancied going there on holiday but it's just so expensive.

How hard is it to find a pair of smart maternity trousers!!!
If you want jeans or leggings you're fine but that's no good for work!

Peacocks had one pair of bootcut, which managed to stay way to slim down the thigh and over the knee.

New Look had NONE :confused: only jeans, leggings and cargo trousers

So I ended up getting some from Mothercare, in the sale thank god as they're not cheap. But I'm not too happy as they're grey and a little bit big, but they do have a nice wide leg on them.

On the plus side I joined their baby club, plus had an invite for a shopping evening in a couple of weeks, with refreshments, discounts and expert talks so that should be good.

I know I could have gone to Next but I didn't really want to spend £30 on a pair of trousers!

And yay the sun is shining!!

Morning everyone,

I am loving this sunshine at the moment, it's just a shame to be in work instead of going out and enjoying it!

Well my Davina pregnancy work-out DVD arrived yesterday so I'm planning on having an early finish and shooting off home to do it - hubby is working lates so even better! I've been pretty achey so I'm hoping a work-out will give me some good stretches and limber me up. All the reviews say it's not very strenuous and doesn't really build up a sweat but I'm ok with that as my current fitness routine involves walking and that's about it.

The nausea seems to have gone again (hopefully for good this time :D), but on the flip side the tiredness is certainly not getting any better and I seem to have a headache constantly now. I woke up this morning feeling really good, then about 6.30 the headache kicked in again :mad:
I'm hoping it's tiredness so a nice lie in on the weekend will sort me out.

Hoping to treat myself this weekend, with the weather turning nicer I think I may book myself in for a pedicure, and an eyebrow wax, plus I'm going to bite the bullet and dye my hair. Naturally my hair is a dark mousy blonde, so instead of a light bright blonde dye I'd normally go for, I'm going to go for a dark ash blonde - hopefully closer to my natural so I won't have to do it as often.

Hope you're all doing ok xx

Was too exhausted to do my DVD when I got home so had a lovely long soak in the bath instead... Mmm heaven! Could easily have stayed in the tub all evening if it didn't mean I'd turn into a prune!
Trouble is I'm even sleepier now!

Morning everyone!

And what an interesting morning it has been so far... Started off in a mad panic with hearsay that I might not even be entitled to maternity leave if I'm served redundancy notice before a certain date. So had some frantic phonecalls to HR confirming that I will be entitled (phew!), and they also confirmed that I would receive all my maternity pay, along with my redundancy in a lump sum when I'm made redundant. So that's going to be interesting to budget!

But one of the girls in work then started worrying that she wouldn't be entitled to anything at all if she doesn't fall pregnant in the next month or so, but after a calming conversation with citizens advice, they confirmed she's entitled to maternity allowance.
So that's basically been the first hour of my day.

On the plus side it's lovely and sunny again and it's finally Friday! Oh... and I'm 13 weeks today - yay! I think this is officially the start of my second trimester but I'm not totally sure as it does all confuse me...

Morning everyone!

Hope you all had lovely weekends.
We spent the day Saturday with my SIL and baby niece which was lovely, then Sunday my friend dropped off loads of baby stuff for me - we won't need to buy any clothes now! Plus we went out for Sunday lunch and I did Davina's pregnancy DVD - really good.

I felt fab all weekend - no more headache and loads of energy.
BUT I feel rubbish again today... so I'm not sure if it's just because I've got work or if it's just that I need 11 hours sleep a night to feel ok :confused: which is fine on the weekends but during the week I really don't want to spend my life in bed or work...

Amazing experience yesterday - my friend dropped off the heartbeat doppler I've bought off her. I had a go on my SILs on Saturday and managed to just catch the heartbeat for a few seconds, but found it properly yesterday - just amazing listening to it, sounded like a little train!

Hope you all had lovely weekends x

I to find after a large amount of sleep I feel loads better in myself. Today feels loads better after sleeping from 8.30pm-8am :)
Fingers crossed for us when we can have the time in full bloom and feel great, I am sure it won't be long :)

Oooh I hope you're right!!
I should be a bit better this week as I'm on the train so can finish work at 3.30 rather than 5. I'm also planning on doing my Davina workout as soon as I get home as much as possible this week if I feel up to it - I think that'll re-energise me (hopefully!)

Good girl today food-wise so far - had Oat so simple for breakfast, and just had a nice salad for lunch - salad veggies, a couple of sun dried tomatoes, some chopped up cheese and ham, and EL mayo. Was really good.

Heya, thought I would check back in :)

Size of a peach eh? If only it was that easy at the end :D

Congrats on the sticking to plan, that shows true willpower! Hope everything goes beautifully smooth for you :)

Thanks hun - how are you doing? x

But I most definately HAVE NOT been sticking to plan, unless plan suddenly includes white bread, takeaways and chocolate!! Oh and masses of cheese...

I will start being a bit more healthy soon - it's just my energy levels at the moment, I just can't bring myself to cook after work. But as soon as that clears I will be bringing in tons of fresh veg so at least I'll be doing well on that count...

The last 'fruit' is watermelon I think :eek:

Oh and Davina didn't happen last night - I had a lovely soak in the bath instead! Going to try and make sure I'm in bed for 8pm tonight so I get a good 10 hours sleep - should hopefully make me feel a bit brighter tomorrow!

Hubby made me laugh though - he started driving lessons last week (no pressure!!) and had one last night and couldn't sleep because he just kept thinking about driving! So much so he tried to go through the whole 'counting sheep' so visualised leaving the house, but instead of going to the field, he got in the car and went for a drive.

Made me laugh this morning!! Although means he's grouchy today as he's really tired...

Aww, I remember learning to drive, was soooo stressful. But at least once it's done, it's done!

And the on plan thing was referring to the salad ;) cheese is a HE, so that's all hunky dorey in my book :)

I'm doing ok thanks, on my third diary attempt! Finally got my head in the right space, it took awhile, but it's there now!

Yep fair enough yesterday was pretty good with the porridge and salad... but then if you add in the chocolate bar and takeaway last night it kinda puts a dampener on the day!!
To be fair takeaway could have been worse though - I had salad in pitta with some fries and half a portion of garlic mushrooms :rolleyes:

Glad to see you back, I shall go a-hunting for your diary... and will be happy to advise, even if it is hypocritical because I'm not following any of my own advice :p

Me and learning to drive have an unhappy relationship - did the typical thing starting to learn at 17 - I managed 3 failed tests while at home, then after coming to uni I managed another 2 failed tests all before I was 19!
By that time I had run out of money so gave up and kinda just coped :) Perhaps it's something I'll do a couple of years down the line... especially now I'm more mature and used to dealing with stressful, pressurised situations, so I won't just break down and cry (yep that was test #1) and might relax a little.

Oh and believe me the amount of cheese I'm having is probably at least 2 days of HEXA portions in one sitting... on the plus side I've switched over to low fat cheddar to try and minimise the damage :p Although TBH I'm not craving it as much as I was... so perhaps it's starting to ease.

Going to make spinach tagliatelle a la Jamie O tonight (won't mention the fact that it's got mascarpone in it...)

Mascarpone.....what mascarpone?!?! :D

I started learning when I was 20 I think, passed when I was 21 after 2 failed tests, third time lucky!

Pitta, garlic mushrooms and chips ain't the end of the world really. Now, a large donner meat, chips and cheese, and a large burger would be! (not that I've ever done it, but thats what the OH orders!)

If you and bump crave it, then it is what is needed, in my humble opinion! Least it ain't coal....

Trouble is that has been my thoughts too and hubby's - anything for bump!
Hmmm coal is a strange one, I hope I don't get any wierd cravings like that, soil's another one I've heard... very strange!

Back