Sarah83's New Diary

Thanks girls!
It's funny but I do honestly think I just look fat in that pic whereas in the mirror I think I do look pregnant... might try wearing something else.

Well I think I must have hit a turning point. Had a TERRIBLE night's sleep last night, tossing and turning all night and just a plain refusal to sleep :mad:.
BUT I don't actually feel too bad this morning (hope I'm not saying this prematurely) which means the tiredness/ exhaustion is hopefully getting better (or dare I say it, might even be gone!) :cross:

Had a lovely lunch out for Mothers Day yesterday -
Starter: Fishcakes with soy sauce and rice vinegar dips
Main: Salmon with a pancetta, clam and laverbread butter, served with new potatoes and all Sunday veg
Dessert: (naughty girl :eek:) Strawberry and white chocolate cheesecake with a chai tea syrup and clotted cream

Hubby got me a lovely mothers day card, and MIL got me some lovely tulips.
Did have a bit of a cry in the morning with all the mothers day messages on facebook as I'm realising more and more now how much I miss my Mum and how sad I am that she never got to see her grandchild.
Had a lovely day though and the first restaurant visit for our baby niece!

Foodwise this week - we're only actually at home tonight and tomorrow so that will consist of using up anything that needs eating. Wednesday we're travelling down to the Isle of Wight to visit my Dad, but we're going quite late so will have to grab tea to eat on the train, and we're not back until Sunday.
My Dad's having an op on his knee on Friday so the idea was for us to go down and help him out, but hubby couldn't get any time off work next week :mad:, so means we're going down more before the op :confused:, never mind will be nice to see him as we haven't been down since beginning of December.

Hope you all had a nice weekend x

Oh wow, your bump is so cute!! Definitely looks like a baby bump and not like a fat belly, don't worry ;)

Fingers crossed that the tiredness has gone at least till the third trimester :)

Aw don't feel fat you look amazing and fresh, if you know what I mean :)

So sorry to hear about your mum, at least you have happy memories of her :)
I hope everything goes ok with your dad and you have a nice break in the isle of weight, it is gorgeous there.

I didn't have much sleep last night but that was to with loads of new information floating around in my mind,lol.

Sounds like the tiredness is getting better for you, I still have trouble but more manageable!

Love love love the spelling correction :rotflmao::

I hope everything goes ok with your dad and you have a nice break in the isle of weight, it is gorgeous there

Hopefully it's not a sign that I'll be eating loads when we're there!!
Luckily for me my Dad's gone on a bit of a health kick and given up red meat for lent (good job as I'm still off it) so I should be ok :rolleyes:

Well it's nearly 11am and I still feel ok... oooh I hope it really has gone.
Means all those people telling me I'd start feeling better were actually telling the truth not fibbing to reassure me :p
Bunny - I'm sure your tiredness will ease soon too

Well I've been in major planning mode this morning (even though I should be working :whistle:)... all for hubby's surprise 30th Birthday party eek!
It's only 2 weeks away, and he hasn't got a clue but I'm quite scared I'll be a bag of nerves on the day. So I've ordered all the decorations (from Tesco Party - very good website), going to discreetly give them all to my friend so she can get to the pub early to decorate, plus I've managed to have a long chat to my MIL about details on the day - plus she's getting the cake.
Ooooh I'm getting really excited thinking about it now!!
Plus numbers seem to be getting higher and higher... think we're going to have about 40 people there now!

Haha sorry about my spelling, I have problems with phonetical words and grammer general.

Aw sounds great party, I am sure it will come together, I hate organising stuff, can you do my wedding, lol!!!

Ha ha it made me laugh as I thought it was quite apt for a weight loss forum!!
I adored organising my wedding - I handmade all my invitations, place cards, table plan, as well as being meticulous about the colour scheme etc etc. I love stuff like that though, which is why I do all the party organising in work too - I'm pretty good at working out budgets as well.

Morning everyone :D

Well my New Look order arrived yesterday, but I have to say most of it is going back.
The dress is fab, and fits lovely, so that's a keeper. Along with my second pair of maternity jeans - which fit and look lovely so I'm really pleased about that.

Everything else was a bit meh... the shoes I liked were a bit too high for me at the mo, and the tops and dresses I ordered just weren't right. Never mind guess it's saved me money and I got the things I really needed!

Well my energy levels are still on a high today (yay!) and I've brought in loads of food as I keep having 'hungry' days. Made a huge Spanish omelette type thing last night full of leftover veggie bits, bacon and new potatoes, so got that for lunch, along with carrot sticks, a pack of pineapple (and some choccie :eek:)
And going to make wedges, beans and cheese for tea to use up some of the masses of potatoes in my fridge!

Trying to use up as many bits as possible before we go to my Dad's tomorrow...

Mmmmm wedges, beans and cheese! Yummy

Shame some of your stuff has to go back. I find the same when I buy stuff online, I have about a 50% success rate, apart from with ASOS, which is about 100% success rate! But at least you like the dress :)

To be fair I probably needed jeans more than anything else so I'm really pleased I've got another pair, plus I really needed the dress so glad that's out the way.

Bit of a pain really:
Maxi dress - too dressy, and too long
Turquoise dress - tried on and hubby pulled a face saying it didn't suit me
Tops - just seemed a bit grippy... they looked ok but I prefer something loose at the mo
1 pair shoes - too high
1 pair shoes - not wide enough - couldn't get them on (never had that problem before :confused:)

But like I said - I am very happy with the jeans and dress so it's all good :D plus easy returns as I can just take back to the store.

Mmmm looking forward to having my omelette for lunch today

Ooooh I've just gone and ordered myself some maternity bits from Dorothy Perkins...
<<Here comes the justification>>
They had some dresses which were quite nice so I thought I'd try out as I may prefer to the New Look one... plus they had a few tops in the sale.
AND along with easy returns if I don't like, I managed to find a 20% off code again!

If you're interested it's: DPVC20

PS - my omelette was DELISH yumyum

Ooh, another code, I'll have to have a nosy...
It always takes the guilt away i find when at least a few bits are packed up to be sent back! Glad that dress fits though, it's really lovely

Have fun with your dad :)

It always takes the guilt away i find when at least a few bits are packed up to be sent back!

Haha I know exactly what you mean!! I never feel bad about buying stuff when I'm sending half of it back!!

I've no idea what the DP dresses will be like. Trouble with the website is you can't see the length as they don't show them on a model, and my experience of their dresses is they tend to be a bit short for my liking as I don't like anything that doesn't cover my knees. So who knows I may end up sending them all back too! Hoping the tops will be ok though as I am now totally running out of tops to wear.

Urgh long day today - hubby can't finish work until 6 so we're on the 6.30 train to Portsmouth, which means we won't actually get to my Dad's until 11ish - WAY past my bedtime!! So I'm going to be very tired...

Going for a healthy-ish option for tea on the train though - going to pick up noodle boxes from Wok2Walk... yum yum. If you've never been there, you basically pick your base (noodles, rice or mixed veg), then add any extras (meats, prawns, tofu, other veggies, i.e. mushrooms, broccoli, pineapple) then your sauce and they stir fry it all together with a load of veg. Pretty healthy and oh so yummy.

Oh and we had fun and games about 9ish last night when our lovely cat decided to bring in his first mouse of the year... then let him loose in the lounge. So being a wimp I stood on a chair while hubby decided to shoo the mouse out from under the sofa with a sweeping brush and cat kinda helped then started to loose interest. Eventually we found it, cat grabbed it and decided to growl at hubby thinking he was going to pinch it... just hope this isn't a sign of what we're going to come home to on Sunday night :eek:

Hope you all have a good day!

Standing on a chair!!! It's a cliché but I love it! Our cat hasn't brought us any 'presents' in a while thankfully, in fact he's never brought a mouse, just birds which aren't quite so scampery when they get loose!

Sounds like the cat was a bit miffed at your ingratitude so you might be lucky and find he doesn't bring you anything for a while...

I have the same thing with my knees, mine are just so flabby and gross (how can knees be flabby? No idea, but mine truly are!) that I hate having them on show. I find that dark tights make me feel a bit more comfortable in something a bit shorter. The trouble is that at the moment all the dresses out there seem to be SO short that I'm lucky to find one that covers my bum cheeks, let alone my knees! Maybe I'm just getting old ;)

At least you've got someone to wake you up at the right station when you're on the train later - if I were you I'd get 40 winks on the journey. Trains and buses always send me to sleep...
Have a great day :)

Darn cats! Dude came in last night covered in some sort of tree sap, he was sticky all over! So this morning I was greeted by a lovely pile of kitty puke - nice. He is still to bring in any major presents, he can't even catch a hamster, that is how useless he is!

Those noodle boxes sound lovely. Reminds me of Camden market food stalls, they are super tasty!

Hope your journey isn't too bad, and as PCS said, you can have a wee kip :)

Strange thing is I actually think mice are quite cute, but I think it's the thought of one running around the floor which I don't like. I'm trying to think what I did to upset him... usually he brings presents when I've told him off about something. Probably just thought he'd try his luck when he spotted it ;)

I was thinking of maybe wearing black tights and black shoes if I keep the purple dress - I won't feel so bad about my knees then. Will probably have to get hold ups rather than tights though as can't see tights staying up over my bump, and I'm definately not forking out for 'maternity tights'. It's not really short - sits kinda on my knees when I'm standing up, but obviously rides up higher when I'm sat down.

I will try and sleep on the train, trouble is I never seem to get comfy. Might have to drag a jumper out of the bag and use to cushion hubby's shoulder!

Hi everyone - I'm back!

Had a lovely few days away - and the weather was absolutely gorgeous :cool:

Thursday we had a stunning BBQ... well I say BBQ but it was actually on a Cobb camping cooker. If you haven't seen one of these, they're amazing! It's kind of a BBQ, but you can use their special fuel pellets which last 2-3hours, it's cool enough to lift up and cook on any surface, and enables you to grill, fry or even roast food on there.
My Dad had bought it for camping so we tried it out with marinated squid, sea bass fillets, salad and bread mmm...

And I ended up with a very red chest after a 2.5 hour walk on the beach on Saturday (oops!), the wind is deceptive and makes you not realise how hot the sun is!
All in all it was quite a nice chilled out weekend in the sun :D

An update on the dress situation... well my Dorothy Perkins order arrived but I didn't like most of it and ended up keeping just two tops!
There was a strappy black dress which I really liked, but hubby prefered the purple New Look one so that's the one I'm sticking to! Plus the DP one was £33 compared to £18 for the New Look one.
So this week I need to pick up some black tights/hold ups, and some shoes, oh and I'm on the hunt for some control knickers which control bum/hips only not tummy... not sure how sucessful I will be in finding those though :rolleyes:

I have also vowed to start cooking properly again this week. I won't be sticking to plan completely but I will start having healthier lunches and dinners (i.e. less takeaways and pizzas), and cut down on naughty snacks, and start eating healthier ones. Rather than sticking to plan I'm going to start concentrating on the vitamins I need, like eating more seeds, oily fish, iron rich veg etc etc...

So I will start posting my food diary again, but it won't be SW friendly... but hopefully pregnancy friendly!!

Be warned, we had no food in today so today's menu is slightly more limited!!

Monday 11th April

Breakfast:
1 x instant coffee
Golden Syrup Oat so Simple & milk

Lunch:
Large mixed salad - lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion
Cheese & Salad cream

Dinner:
WM pasta in a leek, bacon and cheese sauce

Snacks:
500ml bottle water x 3
Go Ahead yoghurt bar