Sarah83's New Diary

Awww, it isn't that bad. When you eat an entire pizza followed by a whole blackforest gateaux, then fret :D

It's always nice to be prepared, but I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about not being so, you have other very exciting things on your mind!

Good luck with the scan x

I don't think your food is that bad either, apart from dessert and maybe the pizza the rest is absolutely fine. And even then, you're allowed treats. Have some frozen veg you can quickly add to your meals maybe but don't worry too much. Enjoy a variety of food, rest and enjoy your pregnancy.
And good luck with the scan, do you want to know the sex of the baby? X

Thanks Hun, been feeling really fed up so I think I'm feeling more guilty about everything.

No we're not finding out if the baby's a boy or girl - we want a lovely surprise!!

I had a BAD day yesterday.

To put into context - I am a very happy person. I always see the positive side of things, always smiling and rarely let anything stress me out or get me down - yeah I have a little whinge but always come out smiling.

Well yesterday I was really upset - absolutely no idea why. I just felt so fed up and as if I was going to cry any second.

So I finished work earlier and got the train home, then bumped into my MIL and baby niece by our local park and practically ran away before bursting into tears (you know how you always feel worse when someone asks how you are and you have to explain), so of course she was worried about me.

I then got home about 4.45 and went straight to bed, and slept through until hubby got home at 7 (bed again at 10)

Feel a bit better today, but still not great, and I really don't know what it is - whether I was just over-tired, anxious about the scan, worried about god knows what, or even just hormones... I really don't know.
All I know is I really hated feeling like that - like an uncontrollable sadness, really difficult to explain.

Anyway, today I'm finishing earlier again with hubby as we need to pop to the vets before it closes to get more thyroid tablets for our kitty, so we're going to pop into the Chinese supermarket by the vets for a nose, usually find something interesting to try!

Awww. Never mind about yesterday. Look forward to today and finding strange things in the supermarket!

Chin up x

Hi Sarah.
Sounds like hormones are making you crazy ;)
I think it's a good idea to try and keep busy when you're feeling down and distract yourself with all the baby preparation etc. or even some housework. Sometimes just dwelling on being miserable compounds the misery if that makes sense?!
Good luck at the Chinese supermarket - you might find something weird enough to tempt you back into cooking!

Hope all goes well in the scan tomorrow :)

Main reason for going to the Chinese is to pick up their version of pot noodles which hubby loves for work lunches - they're mega spicy though!!

They do have lots of yummy bits though, like fancy bottles of sauces, sacks of rice, and some wierd and wonderful ingredients, then some not so yummy... like bags of frozen chicken feet!!

It's only a small shop but thrives as it's right next to the university so all the Chinese students shop there. I love it... and it's so much cheaper that anywhere else. You can get a huge 750ml bottle of sweet chilli sauce for about £1.80 - you'd pay that for a tiny bottle of blue dragon in Tesco. Same for soy sauce.

Cooking still not really happening... I did make a curry last night (sauce from a jar, cooked roast chicken from Sunday) and although I didn't fancy it much I actually quite enjoyed it!

Tonight I'm making beef burritos - in celebration of the Mexico holiday that was not meant to be!!

They had an International supermarket near where I lived as a student, there were aisles of weird looking roots and herbs and all labelled in Chinese or Arabic so I didn't have a clue what anything was! Did sell ridiculously cheap noodles though :)

Baby was very naughty and wouldn't stay in the right position so even after a wee and a ten min walk around and another check, I've got to go back and have another scan... Just to do two of the heart checks. We stuck to our guns and asked the sonographer not to reveal the gender. Feel much better now, was feeling quite anxious last few days. Was really lovely though, baby wriggling around and scratched its head!

Attachments

• image-1069173814.jpg
    image-1069173814.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 17
Lovely clear scan, in a way it's great that they couldn't do all the checks, you'll be able to see your baby again...when are you going back? x

Ha ha I know! Trouble is I joked this morning that I wanted baby to be difficult so we could go back... So obviously hubby is blaming me!
Not sure when the next appointment is... They originally booked it for Tuesday but I need to be in London for work so they're going to send me a new appointment for sometime in the next fortnight

allie1904 said:
It wouldn't surprise me If I saw you and didn't know it, I was in work right opposite antenatal today ;)

Ha ha that is spooky!
Well if you saw a strange woman bouncing around and kinda dancing as she was walking out around 2.45 that was me trying to get the baby to move round!

I know! I didn't actually mean it when I said I wanted to go back...
Date hasn't come through yet for the next scan, hopefully will be there when I get home tonight.

My appetite seems to be all over the place at the moment, one day I'm starving hungry and can eat everything in sight, the next I'm not hungry at all! Yesterday was one of those days - I was in London for the day, and made an omelette which I ate on the train for brekkie, had sandwiches and fruit from the buffet for lunch, some crisps on the train home then didn't want anything else. Anyhoo I felt a bit guilty I hadn't eaten anything then so about 9ish I cooked up some chicken goujons from the freezer and had those...

I've really got to start looking at what nutrients I'm taking in. Read that really I should be having 5 portions of calcium. Now I only have a dash of milk in my morning (and maybe evening), and probably a bit of cheese with one of my meals. So need to think about having more milk, and also yoghurts, and maybe things like cottage cheese... I just don't fancy it :confused:

Got a huge Tesco order coming tonight - went a bit mad on fruit (as I'm still going through my vegetable guilt at the moment), so have a grand total of:
Oranges
Satsumas
Strawberries
Nectarines
Pears
Apples
Grapes

Hmmm lots of fruit salads for me!! And it means I can force hubby to eat more fruit too as his diet's even worse than mine!!

Also got 12 (yes 12) tins of Heinz beans coming too... (well they were on offer!!) as beans on WM toast with a sprinkle of cheddar seems to have become by breakfast of choice at the moment (and a good source of iron yay!!). I think hubby is going to think I'm completely mad when the shopping arrives!! Well more mad than usual anyway...

Ok, I'm going to post my food. It's not good but it'll hopefully help me keep track of my of the bits and pieces baby needs!

Colour code:
iron
calcium
fibre

Tuesday 17th May

Breakfast: Omelette made with eggs, skin on new potatoes, sausage, onion, cheese

Snack: couple of biscuits, Weetabix oaty bar

Lunch: Buffet sandwiches (strange fillings... couldn't quite tell you what they were)
Fruit - grapes, peach, orange segments

Snack: Plain crisps & twix

Dinner: 3 M&S lemon and black pepper chicken goujons
Chunk of cheddar

Drinks:
1 decaf coffee, skimmed milk
Lots of water!

Wednesday 18th May

Breakfast:
WM Toast with beans and cheese

Snack:
Crisps (aaagh - needs to stop)
Strawberries (assuming strawberries contain fibre??)

Lunch:
KFC :eek: but it is payday and I felt like a treat
One of their new chargrilled chicken burgers with salad (like that makes a difference!!)
Fries

Snack:
Huge punnet of strawberries

Dinner:
Either Quorn spaghetti bolognese, or 5 bean chilli and rice. Both have been defrosted...
Topped with cheese

Drinks:
decaf coffee and skimmed milk
Lots of water

Haha, like your response to a chargrilled KFC!

Mmmmm cheese and beans is the stuff that is likely served in heaven on a gold platter :) 12 tins is nothing - at one point I had about 20 as they were on offer. Shame they aren't on offer anywhere near me at the moment as beans are so expensive in my opinion, 69p for a side, and a small side at that!

Meals look good. Good on you for batch cooking :)

Last edited:
Hey... I've not been too great - after having a very clever fall down the stairs on Thursday morning.

I fell on my bum which is the positive thing, and I cleverly picked the day of my follow up anomoly scan to do it; so after somehow making the bumpy bus journey to the hospital, discovered everything is fine with the baby.

I on the other hand, am not doing so great. I am very sore and have definately injured my coccyx in some way or other, but after speaking to the docs, I can't have an xray or take anything stronger than paracetomol, so am going to have to sit out and wait for it to heal itself.

Anyway it's my first day back in work today and my office chair is doing me no favours after basically spending the last 6 days either on my feet or lying on my side. But it was driving me mad staying at home so I'm battling through (while feeling very sorry for myself and moaning to anyone who'll listen!! :rolleyes:)

So there you have it - a moany ranty post from me, hopefully I'll cheer up as I start to feel better!

Oh dear, that is a pretty annoying place to hurt yourself!

Hope you start to feel better soon, and that you aren't in too much pain with it. Congrats on landing on your bum, though - could have been worse :D

Back