Sarah83's New Diary

I'm back to following the magazines as the discipline works best for me, although I do make a few changes to suit what is in my cupboard to keep the price down...some of the mealk plans have three different cereals in which I swap and use the same one three times. I just find all the fruit and veg expensive especially when it goes off so quick and you don't use the whole pack sometimes - I am trying to get to a green-grocers more often though as you have more freedom over pack sizes than with online shopping!

I know what you mean - it seems ridiculous sometimes that they have such a wide range of cereals, fruit, veg etc. But I guess they know people will tailor it and it shows the variety SW can offer - especially to anyone new buying the magazine!

I'm going to do the same and try and shop more locally. Used to have loads of luck as my SIL runs a local greengrocers so we got all our fruit and veg for practically nothing, but she's on maternity leave at the mo and will be working from home a lot when she does return so don't think we're going to quite be that lucky again! I also want to start shopping at the butchers more - better quality and you get exactly what you want rather than being drawn in to special offers!

Well I still haven't got round to devising my SW friendly(ish) menu yet for next week - been too busy to even take a look at the magazine!!
It's my last day in work tomorrow - it's been a bit wierd everyone saying goodbye. Got my first cards and pressie today too. Imagine tomorrow will be a pretty emotional day. Going out to lunch, god knows how many people are coming, could be 5, could be 25!! Then hubby has offered to take me out for the evening. Depending on whether I've got much to carry (I'm not being presumptuous about pressies!) and my mood, we'll either stay in Cardiff and go to a nice restaurant here, or we'll go home and either have a takeaway or go to our local for tea... play it by ear tomorrow!

Well I had a lovely last day at work on Friday. Got loads of presents - a cuddly rabbit, some gorgeous clothes, a huge box of Thorntons chocs, £50 in Babies r us vouchers, £35 in Mothercare vouchers, £25 John Lewis vouchers and tons of cards!!

Managed to hold it together throughout my traditional 'presentation' where one of the managers gave a little speech and the whole office crammed around my desk, and had a few tears when most had left.

Then hubby took me out to our favourite Italian for tea. Trouble is I was having a bit of an odd day and felt completely stuffed after the starter (only a few king prawns in a creamy wine sauce so nothing particularly filling) so could only manage a couple of mouthfuls of the main. Bless the waitress she offered to put my pasta in a tub to take home so I had that for Saturday lunch!!

I've had a little talking to myself, I'm going to try and do 3 SW days each week. It's 3 more than I was having before and hopefully should stop my weight spiralling any more out of control. Weighed on Saturday and I've put on 2stone 5lbs!!! It's shocking as I don't even feel huge and honestly I've put on minimal weight over the rest of my body (apart from bump)

Trying to keep busy now I'm off work, this week I've got a shopping day in Cardiff tomorrow with my SIL and baby niece, going to see my friend Weds afternoon, Sat we've got a bbq at my SIL's, a christening on Sunday. Oh and there's a food and agriculture festival in our local park on the weekend, so I'll probably pop over there on my own Friday if it's nice, they do things like falconry display shows and duck herding and we're only going to pop over for an hour before Saturday's BBQ so I might catch it on Friday too.

Oh I've also given myself a few sneaky rules otherwise I'll never stick to this... On EE days I am allowing myself 2 HEX As and Bs - there is a debate whether this is the case anyway from the pregnancy forum but there's conflicting info. Anyway I'm allowing it to make sure I get my calcium and fibre. Also I'm allowing fruit juice as free as it's the only thing I'll drink in the mornings.

Monday 1st August (eeek I'm having a baby next month hopefully if I don't go over!!)

Green Day

Brunch:
Sweet Chilli Heinz Beans
42g LF cheddar (HEXA)

Dinner:
Jacket pots with spread (6 syns) and 84g rf cheese (hexa & b)

Snacks:

1 ryvitas (2 syns)
Ff cottage cheese, cherry toms and spring onion

Small cookie - 4 syns
WM toast - hexb
2 lidl cream cheese triangles - 4 syns
Kitkat - 5.5 syns

Total syns - 21.5

Last edited:
Nice little sneaky rule! But as long as you are happy, go with it, can't see it doing that much harm really :)

Some nice pressies you got there, they must have thought a lot of you. I'm also craving potatoey goodness for lunch!

Mmm I went for jacket pots with cheese for my early tea and they were just scrummy!!!
I have discovered tesco healthy eating extra mature cheddar is a really good value reduced fat cheese - really strong and tasty, usually on offer (2 500g packs for £5) and hubby likes it which is a bonus. 2 hex's of cheese is really generous too yummy scrummy cheesiness

Oh dear well yesterday didn't go exactly to plan... Trouble is we got back from my antenatal class about 9.45 and the snack monster attacked. I was having a hungry day too which didn't help.

Well I'm not having an on plan day today - as I'm going shopping to cardiff with my SIL and baby niece. And we will be having lunch out... Possibly Mexican which is never good. But then again I hope baby let's me eat more than I could at the Italian on Friday!

WhitePigeon said:
Sometimes, a jacket potato is exactly what is needed. There's just something about them, haha. Glad you enjoyed it. :D

Thanks Hun - it was just delish!!

Right going to have another shot at SW today... !
went to Cardiff shopping with my SIL and baby niece yesterday. Had a lovely day but was in quite a lot of pain by the end of it due to my hip and pelvis problems - I'm not used to doing so much walking!
Got a gorgeous new handbag from ollie and nic reduced from £75 to £40. Which I obviously needed because it's an over body bag which will be much easier when I'm out and about with baby!

Not sure how successful today will be, I'm spending the day with my friend and her baby. Going to see her new apartment and pop to asda. Oh and I'm eating breakfast late so not sure if I'll have chance for lunch before I go.

It's been officially confirmed that pregnant women doing extra easy can have 2 HEX A & B choices. But I'm sticking with green anyway for now!

Wednesday 3rd august

Green day

Breakfast:
WM toast (hexb)
Beans and cheese (hexa)
2tsp utterly butterly (3 syns)

Lunch:
?? Not sure if I'll have time plus I'm not feeling that hungry today

Dinner:
Takeaway - chicken shish kebab, salad, pitta, garlic sauce
A few chips

Snacks:
3 yes 3 2 finger kitkats
A White roll with 2 cheese triangles and sliced cherry toms

Basically an epic fail - because of:
- Major chocolate urge late morning
- Lack of lunch meant when I was home 5ish I was starving hence the roll
- Way too pooped to cook because of the heat

I know, excuses excuses... But hey there's always tomorrow

Last edited:
Right I can honestly say I'm not sure if my head is in this healthy eating malarkey at the moment. But still so far so good today, not sure how long that'll last though!!

Thursday 4th august
Green day

Breakfast - none

Lunch - baked sweet potatoes with Philly light (hexb)

Dinner - cheese, leek and potato bake. Hexa1&2 for cheese and milk
Baked beans

Snacks - well I'm craving cake, so I may not be able to resist an urge to bake later...

Morning Hun, just to let you know that my gorgeous nephew is coming home today :0)
Hope you're doing well xx

Tishbish said:
Morning Hun, just to let you know that my gorgeous nephew is coming home today :0)
Hope you're doing well xx

Here is a photo

image-2266077983.png

He's an absolute beaut. How old is he now? What fab news about him coming home.

How's your sister doing?x

He will be three weeks on wednesday, she's doing really well but starts the next round of chemo on Thursday. Don't think anything could wipe the smile off her face today (touch wood) xx

That's fab that he's coming home so soon, bet she truly is over the moon.

Hope the next lot of chemo goes ok, keep me posted.

Well my healthy eating plans ended up going by the wayside although I did manage to lose 2lb last week!! Think this is probably a combination of the fact that I simply eat less at home than I do at work, along with less water retention as my ankles and feet have been tons better than when I'm sat at a desk all day!

Been having good and bad days with my pelvis pain... For example last night was great, didn't have as much pain as usual, but Saturday night and yesterday morning I was in agony. Anyway I've got physio weds, not really sure what to expect, just hope they can give me some exercises to do to help strengthen it. Trouble is my lower back has been absolutely killing me too which I imagine is simply to do with all the extra weight I'm carrying. Oh well at least I haven't got long to wait :)

Nope, not long to go now at all!

Hope the physio can help you out, make the last few weeks easier on you

And congrats on the loss....I think.....not sure! :D

Well just keep in mind that one day in the near future all the pain and a large majority of the weight will go and you'll have a little bubba to show for it all, keep smiling and take care xx

Back