Sarah83's Tasty Food Diary

Having a bit of a crap time in work at the moment, and this is not good for me... had a bad meeting in London yesterday so binged on the train home (after resisting all biscuits at the meeting ???)

Anyways plan for today:

Friday 13th August - Green

Breakfast: Beans on toast (HEXB) with 2 coffees (from HEXA)

Throughout the morning: 2x750ml bottle water, Muller

Lunch: Salad with HB egg and EL Salad cream (1syn)

Throughout the afternoon: Carrot sticks

Dinner: Pizza, fries and lots of wine

Total syns: Way way way too many (again)

Last edited:
My Lentil Dhal

I think I figured out how to upload pictures. Here's the lentil dhal I made the other night with chips and rice:

5306345143a66bdfa96e81923b6a7d1515f870291ef553750bad11425edcc3d6a2113ed1.jpg

Yay it worked!!
Here is a pic of one of the horses at the food and agricultural festival we went to a couple of weeks ago (can you tell I'm going to be putting loads of photos on here now!! ;))

39478278dfaf9c9c083be8a17765c9fec092120db7d2cf93f28b600fd29cf888ebe4f723.jpg

Drawing the Line

This week has been a BAD week. In typical pre-SW fashion I have used stresses at work as an excuse to turn to naughtys. :mad:

Well NO MORE I say!! :whoopass:

Luckily for me I did manage to lose 0.5lb this week, giving me my new shiny.

But it would have been 1.5lbs if I hadn't gone off track last night (yes with the new scales I have turned into a naughty daily weigher - but I'm ok with it, it's a kind of comfort)

Today I am completely back on track and determined to lose at least 2lb next week pre-holiday with a kinda fishy week planned...

Shouldn't be anything to sabotage it... going to have a good day today (with veg chilli already made), then we're going to a christening tomorrow with a do afterwards - going to stick to diet coke and keep away from the buffet with a stash of alpen lights and fruit, then a free week until our hol next Saturday.

Saturday 14th August - Green

Breakfast: 2 Quorn sausages, WM roll (HEXB) and 1/2 tbsp brown sauce (0.5syns)
Coffee made with milk from HEXA

Lunch: Tomato and herb pasta and sauce (2syns for Flora light), and some laughing cow light (part HEXA)

Dinner: Veg chilli made with Quorn mince, onion, garlic, toms, kidney beans, baked beans, sweetcorn and peas, and spices.
Served with rice and/or wedges and HEXA cheese

Snacks: Chicken mugshot

Total Syns: 2.5 so far

Syns Remaining for the week: ??/105

Last edited:
Thanks Donna! I don't know how I sized them... just uploaded them onto photobox, got the URL from the properties of the pic, then pasted it into the 'insert image' box...
Going to be putting loads of pics on here now hehe!!

Well done for your loss Sarah. Your lentil dahl looks gorgeous. I'll definitely make it when I get back from France. Have a lovely holiday if I don't come on here while I'm away x

Well done on the loss Sarah! :hug99:

Thanks guys for your kind comments.
Sorry I haven't been on much in the last few days - I'm having a pretty bad week workwise and foodwise plus I'm feeling really run-down and exhausted.

Luckily I have just today to get through, have tomorrow off to pack and chill before jetting off to (hopefully) sunny Devon on Saturday morning.

I have really let myself down this week by eating lots of rubbish, basically because I haven't had the energy to cook. So I'm going to wimp out of weighing pre-holiday, and will weigh when I return.

I will be sticking to plan on hols as much as possible, with probably a few treats, plus will be doing lots of walking so should hopefully compensate for this week.
My next WI will be Sunday 29th August.
See you all in a week or so!

Have a nice holiday Sarah.

Hope you feel better after your break x

I think that's a sure sign you deserve a holiday!!
Have a lovely time, don't stress about your food choices, and then you can return to us all fresh ready to re-motivate yourself with lots of good holiday memories :)

I think that's a sure sign you deserve a holiday!!
Have a lovely time, don't stress about your food choices, and then you can return to us all fresh ready to re-motivate yourself with lots of good holiday memories :)

Wise words prawnchopSuey, have a wonderful holiday and leave your work troubles behind, dx

Hiya pet - just been having a look through your diary and sounds like you are defo in need of a holiday! I was like that a couple of weeks ago and it has done me the world of good!
You will feel so much better once you are fully R and R'd! Whatever happens on holiday stays on holiday and damage is repairable - make sure you have a good time!! :D

I'm trying to get back on the wagon now but think I might need a few days to ease back in!! Hope you are ok x

Back