Sarah's 1st baby pregnancy diary

Oooh hello everyone :D

Just realised I haven't posted here for ages...

Well I had an interesting week last week - started having dizzy spells on Sunday, culminating on Tuesday where I couldn't even get up without my head spinning. So I had the week off to rest it out.

Had my 16 week check up with the midwife on Wednesday, diagnosis is low blood pressure (bit of a shock to the system when usually my blood pressure is on the higher end of normal), perfectly normal, and I started feeling much better Thursday.

MW also checked baby's heartbeat on the doppler - reassuring that we had been listening to the right thing doing it ourselves at home!

Oh and weight wise I'm really pleased - I'd only put on 1.7lbs since my last check up 6 weeks earlier :D

Got a couple of bargains (yes yes yes from New Look again!!), 2 tops reduced from £15 to £6 plus a hoodie reduced to £6. Worth a check out as they have quite a big sale on!

My hunt now is for some cropped trousers for the summer. I've got some from Evans with a stretchy waist which I lived in last summer, but they're looking a bit worse for wear now and are starting to feel a bit uncomfortable on my ever growing bump.

Oh and warning... TMI coming up... but I have been having some discharge from my nipples :eek:
Along with terrible pains in my boobs - worse than I've had before, shooting pains from the outside towards my nipples ouch!!
Going to book in a well overdue bra fitting this week as my bras are feeling very tight on me and I suspect I'm going to need something at least 2 cup sizes bigger...

Hope you're all doing well xx

Hi everyone, just realised I haven't posted in ages again!!

Everything's going well, felt really good over the weekend (10 hours sleep a night probably helped with that!!) and had a great day yesterday until a nasty headache left me sofa-bound all evening :mad:

Food-wise I'm trying to cut down on the amount I'm eating (or at least make healthy swaps)... we'll see how long that lasts :rolleyes:

I did have a sneaky weigh on Saturday @ 18 weeks and I have now officially put on 11lbs :eek: so I'm not best pleased with that so I really do need to take it easy now and try and slow the gains down.
I also really want to try and get some more exercise in... tricky this week as I'm on hot lunches as not got anything in for salads etc. Means I've got to have lunch in work rather than going out for my lunchtime walks.

On the good news it's our 5th wedding anniversary on Saturday (& 9th anniversary of our first date) so we're trying to plan in something special, although on a very tight budget, and possibly in the rain... I'm sure we'll do something nice though :p

Hope you're all doing ok x

I'm going to weigh every week now to keep track of it. Initially I wanted to limit my gain to 1 stone max which was clearly never going to happen! And I definately don't want it to go over 2 stone, so I need to keep track.

Wish I was as lucky as my SIL - she only put on 9lb grrr

Thanks hun, I'm not really that bothered tbh. I was 'examining' my body in the mirror on the weekend :rolleyes: and talking to hubby about it, and honestly I have only 'grown' in my tummy area - not my hips, bum, legs, arms etc - all stayed the same. So as long as I don't start ballooning everywhere, I'm happy!!

Had a lovely anniversary thanks - we ended up going out for a lovely meal after work on Friday in Cardiff, then spending a cosy weekend in along with more house sorting... still so much more to do though.

Good news is I think I've started feeling the baby move :D
On Friday night lying in bed I was really trying to concentrate and I could feel what felt like bubbles low down. Then on Sunday morning hubby was tickling my tummy which made the bubbles start again, and they stopped when he stopped. It feels kinda like bubbly gas bubbles but anything I feel in my tummy is much higher up so I think it must be the baby - I'm so happy!!

BUT today I am feeling ROUGH. Have felt very sick all day, and getting odd hot flushes and dizzy spells, not good. Hopefully it's a one off as I've been feeling so much better with much more energy so I would really like that to continue :(

Hope you're all doing ok xx

Can't BELIEVE it's only Wednesday.

I've got my anomoly scan on Friday afternoon and I'm so excited, I swear time has just stopped :mad:

I want it to be Friday NOW!! :cry:

We were lying in bed making the baby move again last night :D, I only notice it when I'm really concentrating, so has to be all sounds off, lying down! Hopefully in a week or so they'll get strong enough for me to feel more regularly.

On the plus side, I had a much better nights sleep last night, after the last few nights spending at least 1.5hrs lying in bed not able to get back to sleep. BUT I then woke up today feeling really groggy, light headed and with a headache :mad:, it just never ends...

So I've taken some paracetomol, the headache seems to be easing but my head still feels really groggy.

I'm failing miserably on my intention to start eating better too - I've been eating more fruit which is great, but meals haven't been so great (well last nights Domino's wasn't anyway and my tummy is punishing me for it today). Plus I've just been too tired to make lunches - so yesterday lunch was a pot noodle, today it's a tin of spag bol. Not good at all...

I really do have good intentions, but my still lacking energy levels are letting me down...

aw my anomly scan is on Friday too, can not wait to find out the sex if the baby is going to let me. At least your eating food that is better then not eating, take it easy your pregnant your going have some tough symptoms but it will pass :)

Thing is I was so determined pre-pregnancy to thoroughly enjoy my pregnancy regardless of how I was feeling - but it's so hard when you are feeling rubbish. I am totally embracing the days when I feel well but they're about as equal as the days I feel pants.

We're not finding out if we're having a girl or boy - but I just want to go on Friday and have the reassurance that everything is going well and our baby is healthy, I think a lot of my anxieties will be lifted once we've had the scan

I had a BAD day yesterday.

To put into context - I am a very happy person. I always see the positive side of things, always smiling and rarely let anything stress me out or get me down - yeah I have a little whinge but always come out smiling.

Well yesterday I was really upset - absolutely no idea why. I just felt so fed up and as if I was going to cry any second.

So I finished work earlier and got the train home, then bumped into my MIL and baby niece by our local park and practically ran away before bursting into tears (you know how you always feel worse when someone asks how you are and you have to explain), so of course she was worried about me.

I then got home about 4.45 and went straight to bed, and slept through until hubby got home at 7 (bed again at 10)

Feel a bit better today, but still not great, and I really don't know what it is - whether I was just over-tired, anxious about the scan, worried about god knows what, or even just hormones... I really don't know.
All I know is I really hated feeling like that - like an uncontrollable sadness, really difficult to explain.

Has anyone else felt like this - is it a pregnancy thing?

I have mood disorder before hand but reduced medication and felt a lot worse but I think this down to hormone changes. You have a lot to deal with hormones, unknown (scan) and the furture, plus the anxiety and the physical effects can be so tiring and draging you down. It is quite normal for sadness and fluxartion in mood during pregnancy. Just take care of yourself and allow to happen, if you need a cry/run away then do so, you can always explain to your family at least then they know what the score is.

Aww sorry u had a bad day. If it is the odd day I'd say it's totally normal, if it's lots of days I'd mention it to your midwife, but I'd say nothing to worry about:)
Enjoy your scan today!

After just reading ur diary - which is great btw, uve made me realise that when i eventually manage to get pregnant i am going to be so bad with buying clothes and things - im terrible now definitely shopaholic!
I hope ur scan went well today and ur feeling a little better dizziness is horrible at the best of times :)

sarah83 said:
I had a BAD day yesterday.

To put into context - I am a very happy person. I always see the positive side of things, always smiling and rarely let anything stress me out or get me down - yeah I have a little whinge but always come out smiling.

Well yesterday I was really upset - absolutely no idea why. I just felt so fed up and as if I was going to cry any second.

So I finished work earlier and got the train home, then bumped into my MIL and baby niece by our local park and practically ran away before bursting into tears (you know how you always feel worse when someone asks how you are and you have to explain), so of course she was worried about me.

I then got home about 4.45 and went straight to bed, and slept through until hubby got home at 7 (bed again at 10)

Feel a bit better today, but still not great, and I really don't know what it is - whether I was just over-tired, anxious about the scan, worried about god knows what, or even just hormones... I really don't know.
All I know is I really hated feeling like that - like an uncontrollable sadness, really difficult to explain.

Has anyone else felt like this - is it a pregnancy thing?

I sometimes feel like this...have really down and meh days but the next I'm fine xxx

Baby was very naughty and wouldn't stay in the right position so even after a wee and a ten min walk around and another check, I've got to go back and have another scan... Just to do two of the heart checks. We stuck to our guns and asked the sonographer not to reveal the gender. Feel much better now, was feeling quite anxious last few days. Will post a pic a bit later - was really lovely though, baby wriggling around and scratched its head!

Back