Sarah's countdown to being a Yummy Mummy!!

sarah_lou1981

Back again!!
Hi everyone

I'm Sarah :)

I've been hanging around the forums for a few years now, mainly in the 'Trying To Conceive' and 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds sections' (and the Slimming World one, on and off, but cant get on with the plan). I've decided it's time to join all you lovely Weight Watchers people and set up a food diary over here.

A bit about me - I started trying to conceive my first baby with my partner, Tom, in August 2011. I had previously tried with my ex husband years ago but nothing happened (which I'm now pleased about!!). Towards the end of 2011 I was diagnosed with PCOS and 'possible' endometriosis, which was a contributing factor to our struggle to get pregnant. Doctors wouldn't help us until I got my BMI down to 30 (it was 35+ at the time) and had been trying for over a year so I signed up to Weight Watchers in August 2012 and lost 2 stone in 9 weeks following the Pro Points plan.

Tom proposed to me in September 2012 and we booked our wedding for 8th March this year.

At the beginning of 2013 we were seen by a fertility consultant who performed an exploratory op on me, confirming both my PCOS and Endometriosis, and was told I would need another op later that year before we could begin fertility treatment.....HOWEVER, I didn't need the second op as on 11th May 2013 I found out I was pregnant!!!

On the day I found out I was pregnant I weighed 16 stone. After a difficult start to my pregnancy, at 28 weeks I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes so was monitored and put on both tablets and insulin. I was taken into hospital at 38 weeks and 3 days pregnant to be induced weighing 18 stone and 2lbs (30lb pregnancy gain). On New Years Eve I gave birth to our beautiful son Cole William Jones who weighed 7lb 12oz.

I decided to wait a couple of weeks before going back on a 'diet' until I got used to being a new mum, however I got weighed on Sunday 19th January and found I had already lost 24lbs of the 30 I had gained. As I'm not breast feeding I signed back up to Weight Watchers online the same day and have since lost another 4lbs. I'm now 16 stone, 2lbs so only 2lbs away from my pre pregnancy weight and my baby boy was 4 weeks old yesterday. It's given me a massive boost and now I want to lose another 4 stone and 10lbs to take me to 11 stone, 6lbs. I've set myself a target date of 31/12/14 which is Cole's first birthday.

The wedding is now 32 days away so I would love to get to about 15 stone, 7lbs by then, but not putting any pressure on myself.

I'm going to upload my food diaries every day, good or bad, and welcome any hints/comments from anyone. I started on Sunday 19th but, for some reason, only started putting my food into my online tracker on Tuesday 21st so my food diaries start from there.

Sorry for the massive blurb of text. Hope to get to know people in here so thought I'd let you know all about me :)

Tuesday 21st January Food

Breakfast:

50g branflakes 5pp

Dinner:

200g (raw) jacket potato 4pp
50g cathedral city cheese 6pp
Large side salad 0pp

Tea:

Chicken balti (sharwoods sauce) 9pp
Mini naan 3pp
30g rice 3pp
Cadbury's Hero's 5pp
Milk for breakfast and cuppa's 4pp

Total pp used: 39/36
Total weeklies left: 37/49 (used some Sunday & Monday)

Wednesday 22nd January

Breakfast:

2 Richmond Sausages (cooked in George Foreman) 7pp
Bread roll 5pp

Dinner:

Subway Turkey salad 6 inch sub 7pp
Diet Coke 0pp

Tea:

Large salad
50g Cathedral City cheese 6pp
Light salad cream 2pp

Milk for tea 2pp
Weight Watchers frozen caramel pudding 5pp

Total pp used: 34/36
Total weeklies left: 37/49

Hi Sarah, im subscribing, i need to get back on it but can't seem to get my head round it, you've done amazing losing that much already.xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thursday 23rd January

Breakfast:

Bran flakes 5pp

Dinner:

Red pepper and Wensleydale soup 4pp
Wholemeal pitta bread 4pp
40g popcorn chicken 3pp

Tea:

WW Beef lasagne 7pp
Large dish of mixed veg 0pp

Milk for tea 4pp
Haribo 3pp
WW Choc brownie pudding 4pp

Friday 24th January

Breakfast:

Bran flakes 5pp (having for supper instead as didn't get up until late)

Dinner:
Red pepper and Wensleydale soup 4pp
Wholemeal pitta bread 4pp

Tea:
Fish slice with cheddar 8pp
Broccoli & Cauliflower cheese 3pp
Green beans 0pp
Sprouts 0pp

Milk for tea 4pp
Hero's twirl 1pp
WW Caramel crunch pudding 5pp

Saturday 25th Jan:

Breakfast:

Cuppa - oops

Dinner:

Wiltshire ham, spinach and tomato tart 9pp
Large side salad 0pp
Light salad cream 1pp
Pepsi max 0pp

Tea:

Asda low fat chicken tikka sauce with chicken and peppers 8pp
2 x mini naan 6pp
30g rice 3pp

Milk for cuppa's 4pp
Weight Watchers choc brownie dessert 4pp
Hero's twirl 1pp

Total pp used: 36/36

Sunday 26th Jan:

Breakfast:

2 x Warburtons crumpets 5pp
15g strawberry jam 1pp
10g peanut butter 2pp

Dinner:

Cheese & onion quiche 7pp
Large side salad 0pp
Light salad cream 1pp
Pepsi max 0pp

Tea:

Grilled chicken kebab in pitta with salad and chilli 10pp

Milk for cuppa's 4pp
Weight Watchers caramel wafer 2p
Cadbury's Roses x 12 (OOPS!!) 16pp

Total pp used: 48/36

Monday 27th Jan:

Breakfast:

Cuppa

Dinner:

Greggs Sausage roll (bad!) 10pp
Diet coke 0pp

Tea:

Jacket potato 5pp
50g cheese 6pp
Large mixed salad 0pp
Light salad cream 1pp

Milk for cuppa's 4pp
Weight Watchers caramel wafer 2pp
2 x After Eights 2pp

Total pp used: 30/36

Tuesday 28th Jan:

Breakfast:

Bran Flakes 5pp
Banana 0pp

Dinner:

2 x New York bagels 12pp
WW Squeeze & stir tomato soup 2pp

Tea:

Cantonese sweet & sour chicken with peppers (Sharwoods sauce) 10pp
Uncle Bens basmati rice, 50g 2pp

Milk for cuppa's 4pp
Weight Watchers Smokey Bacon corn bites 2pp
2 x After Eights 2pp

Total pp used: 39/36
Total weeklies left: 34/49

Wednesday 29th Jan:

Breakfast:

Bran Flakes 5pp
Banana 0pp

Dinner:

1 x New York bagels 6pp
Lettuce, tomatoes & cucumber 0pp
Dairylea dunkers (jumbo tubes) 3pp

Tea:

Jacket potato 5pp
45g cheese (cathedral city) 5pp
Large mixed salad 0pp
Light salad cream 1pp

Milk for cuppa's 4pp
Hero's crème egg twisted 1pp
WW Caramel wafer 2pp
Aunt Bessie's apple pie and custard 11pp

Total pp used: 43/36
Total weeklies left: 27/49

Last edited:
Hi Sarah, im subscribing, i need to get back on it but can't seem to get my head round it, you've done amazing losing that much already.xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey hun, how are you? And how are your little ones now? I didn't try at the start but it definitely motivated me to get it off. Do you have a food diary?xx

Hello :) What a lovely story, congratulations on your baby boy and engagement and upcoming wedding!! I started ww the day after u at exactly the same weight, maybe we can help each other out :) My Ww Diary - http://www.minimins.com/showthread.php?t=329400

Definitely :) I'll head over to your diary and subscribe now. I'm hoping to get into the low 13's for summer so I can get out and about with Cole. Will be good to have someone at the same stage as me :D

Yes definately! My diary is in my signature. Uv done so well to lose that much already xx

It was a massive surprise to me to lose that much. Obviously having a baby is a good kick start ;) xx

What a great story, it's a fantastic time when they are newly born, and you have so many fantastic times ahead. X

It really is, he's so funny. I could watch him all day x

Back