Sarah's Lose Weight and Get Fit Diary!

well done on the 4lbs! I can't wait to be at 205 like you!

Argh I have just binged for the last 3 days - don't know what happened to me! I still have a kidney infection, but the tonsillitis seems to have gone. I know my body needed a good feed to get over being ill but still, there was no need for me to be as bad as I was!

I am going to try to stick to just 1000 cals a day for the next week just to kick start it again.

I annoy myself so much because I actually enjoy calorie counting, I enjoy the foods I eat, I enjoy the weight loss I am getting, but I still make these stupid mistakes!

I have some proper goals now. I want to be slim enough to be confident at uni - all these nights out, meeting new people, fancy dress etc.

I want to be able to go to Australia to see my brother at Xmas and have his jaw drop at my weight loss! I won't have seen him for 6 months, so it should be good! I want to be able to be confident in shorter skirts/shorts and on the beach there too as it is gonna be boiling!

I want to be a good size for my Dad getting married - think it will be in June/July - think it will be in Cuba! So, I want to look good on the beach, and look good in a bridesmaid dress.

Please kick me up the bum!!

Hi Sarah :)

Well done for getting back on track. Don't worry about the couple of days of being naughty, we're all allowed the odd wobble! and you're doing so well :D

I know what you mean about actually enjoying calorie counting, it gives you a good sense of achievement doesn't it :D

Have you managed to fix your scales/buy some new ones? I wouldn't worry about it so much anyway, just see how you did at the end of this week or something :)

Hope you had a nice bank holiday? did you get some time off from waitressing? When is it you start back at Uni?

My Dad is going to get a new battery for the scales - but that won't be until the weekend, so I think I may just wait until next weigh in.

My bank holiday was nice - just spent time with friends and family really.

I am starting uni on 13th September I think - scary!

Today has been nice. I went shopping with my Mum for uni things and so got quite a bit of walking done. Went to Nandos for lunch which wasn't great for the diet, but I have still managed to calorie count it and think I may be at about 1500/1600 by the end of the day. I am OK about that as my BMR is 1748 so I am still under.

B: 150g cottage cheese, a beetroot, 2 slices of ham (198)
L: Nandos - chicken breast in a bun, half chips and half coleslaw, hot chocolate (982)
D: I will probably have a wrap or maybe a mixure of things, and am going to aim no higher than 1700 so have 520 to play with.

Well done on your amazing weight loss. I've only started cc today after 15 years of trying every other diet on the market.
Hoping i'll get idea's from this forum, it's all very new.... can i ask how you work out the amount of cal's your burn with exercise? I have a ww pedometer but it doesn't do the calories.
I've walked 6+ miles today so it would be interesting to know how many that mounts up to.

I don't actually use anything to work out my calories for exercise, as any calories I "earn" from exercise, I will just save.

However, I use Foodfocus.co.uk to keep a diary of my food, and they have a section to work out the calories burnt with exercise, however I don't know how accurate it is.

Just had my dinner... managed to have a nice WW pitta bread, with garlic and herb philadelphia, 3 slices of ham, and a beetroot and spring onion, a packet of skips, and a WW mousse, and my daily total is 1550.

Quite pleased with 1550 considering I had 3 filling meals, including Nandos!

However, I use Foodfocus.co.uk to keep a diary of my food, and they have a section to work out the calories burnt with exercise, however I don't know how accurate it is.

Thanks for that, I've just registered and it looks great, bought a pedometer yesterday which tells me how many cals I've burnt through the day, wont use them though I just like to know :)
Off to Nando's tonight and hoping to stick to chicken lol.
Thanks again and have a good day xx

Hi :)

Wow you have done so well!!

I have gone off track again - went camping and pigged out - need to stop all this!!

I am back on track, however I have a night out on Wednesday which I will be drinking for. I will try to have low calories for the week anyway to kickstart my weight loss again, and so I should be OK to have a few vodkas.

I should be moving to uni at some point over next weekend so that also may be a slightly dodgy point but I really am going to try as hard as I can.

I have put on 4lbs over the past 1.5 weeks - not good.

I am very worried about uni and how, in the first few weeks, I will cope with weight loss with the drinking.

I think I should be OK with food - but I just need to try to be sensible with the alcohol. As long as I can at least maintain then I am happy, and I am sure aftr a couple of weeks I will get in to a routine and I will start to drink less.

Hey xsarahx, as usual you are doing amazing things, keep up the good work!

I just wanted to say that you will only be a fresher once, so make the most of it! Freshers week was one of the best times of my life, if I could go back and do it again I would probably try and fit in even more crazy stuff... oh and I would have ditched my boyfriend so I could have been single, lol!!!

Just make sure you dance you pants off and do plenty of exploring of your new surroundings that should balance out some of the extra calories from alcohol and hang over food. Once freshers week is over you can get back on track knowing you made the most of it!

Or you can be sensible and do everything in moderation... but that so doesn't sound very student like, lol!!!

Good luck starting uni, I'm very jealous and wish I could step into my time machine and come with you!!! xxx

Ah thanks!

I think foodwise I should be OK - although, I don't know what to expect and if in the first week or two of bonding people are trying to buy, say, a couple of pizzas as a group, then I wouldn't want to say no, actually I'm gonna have a wrap!

I reckon if I make sure I can eat as well as I can when I have options, and then I should be OK for those times when we all get food together, or all drink together. I will try to make sure I don't snack.

And I am going to have to just drink vodka or gin!

The gym is really cheap - something like £70 for the year, including all swimming, gym and exercise classes - and I intend to make the most of that!

or vodka AND gin!!! ;-)

Good plan!

Lunch: WW pitta bread, 30g Philadelphia Light, a beetroot, a spring onion, 2 slices of wafer thin ham and a packet of skips (255)

This leaves me plenty of calories for dinner. I plan to have maybe the same for dinner as I am working, or maybe a wrap, but this will leave me with plenty of calories left over which I am happy about.

I don't usually go for less than 1000 a day but as I have ben so bad lately, I don't think it will do me any harm to kickstart the losses again.

Back