Sarah's Pregnancy and Baby Diary

Awww your first AN and scan at last,you must be sooo excited and a little nervous its only natural ;) it will all seem a bit more real after your scan.

Well, scan's been had and all went well :D :D

One baby (there was a possibility of twins as it runs in the family!), saw the heart beat and even got a little wave. It wasn't behaving too well and was quite happy at the bottom of my pelvis apparently. They've dated it to 2 days more than I've said (which I don't agree with but it's only 48 hours!).

Got to see a consultant in a couple of weeks as I'm just into their weight risk category (although not impressed that I was weighed with all clothes, coat, shoes and 2l of water in me!!).

However feeling a lot happier now I've seen the baby (still very surreal that there's a little baby inside me!), and now told everyone :)

Awwww congratulations, so glad it went well, must be a relief to finally tell everybody. And hey don't knock those 2 days they will mean soooo much to you if you go overdue, those that are or have been overdue will agree LOL.

Nice one.....it will begin to sink in now you have seen him/her......bet those scan pics will be shown to everyone.....xxx

Thanks Jo, I do agree about the 2 days, in theory it should mean that even if I go overdue I should (hopefully!) still give birth in 2010, unless labour is over 48 hours long! (you know... I've probably just jinxed it!) :D

Thanks Sonya, yep DH has already scanned the pic in, showed it to everyone and decided it looks like Charlie Brown!

Still on a high after seeing the scan though :D

Awwww it is strange until you can start to feel baby moving......then you will know everyday lol......pleased everything went well xx

Another rough night of sleep :( I got about 3.5 hours sleep until 2.30am and then woke and just dozed for a while listening to DH snore. I hate waking him up to get him to stop so try not to. I dozed on and off until my alarm went at 7.30am and then on turning over to turn it off I must have twisted my neck as now I have major pain up my neck and a subsequent headache from it :( I'm not having much luck with my head!

I just keep looking at my scan and reminding myself of what it's all for :)

Thanks Kirsty. I ended up back in bed by about 10am yesterday, fell asleep for a bit too and overnight just didn't sleep as great again. Roll on the weekend!

There's pain still around the back of my head. It's more of a dull ache now with a bit of pressure, like someone's gently pressing against it all. I it may be a day on the couch (working still...!) with my head propped up so that it can rest a bit. Clearly I just strained or pulled something in my neck yesterday morning. I've had pains like this before pregnancy, it's just harder when you can only take tic tacs (I mean paracetamol!) to kill the pain, which I'd rather try to avoid anyway.

I hope this has gone by tomorrow as we're off to a friend's for a BBQ and really looking forward to seeing them.

On an upnote I've lost 1lb this week and am now 0.5lb below my starting weight. I managed a brief walk to the supermarket last night (about 15 minutes each way) although I felt a bit funny whilst waiting at the checkout, but it was fairly warm too which probably didn't help. A mini milkyway that I'd bought helped a bit so I just think my blood sugar levels dropped a little. I'm still not eating much so I'm not surprised. Need to get more fruit snacks into me, inbetween meals.

Here's to a lovely, sunny weekend :)

Thanks Kirsty. Yeah I've tried to avoid sleeping during the day as I'm not sleeping much at night as it is! I'd rather get a few hours of straight sleep if I can :)

The midwife told me I could have nuts, but just to moderate peanuts (seems like the jury is out on that one), however I'm not a big nut person. But right now I'm loving the strawberries so making the most of those being in season and cheap (whilst my own are still growing...!).

Weekend forecast is looking good for tomorrow, Sunday possible rain, but I'll be indoors then! Hope you have a nice weekend :)

It's been a mixed weekend this weekend. Yesterday was the first day in ages that I didn't have a headache or even an inkling of one! I took advantage of it, gave DH a list of things we had to do (over the next few months, not all in one day!) and I got on with getting the grass cut (flymo, very easy!) whilst he washed the car and windows. I also got a load of chilli plants repotted (I seem to have created a chilli farm in our conservatory!) until I ran out of pots, and then had a great evening over at friends. The rain stayed away and it was a great day.

Today I woke with a bit of a bad head however. It seems that the chiropractors icepack that my Mum got me a couple of years ago takes the pain away however, which I'm really glad of. I managed to catch up on a little work today, as I'd not got my work completed last week, however this week isn't too busy so I can hopefully get a few more hours in then.

Today I had some great news. Well my brother called asking what we wanted to borrow off him as my nephew is now almost 1 year old, so they have plenty of baby ware that they don't need. He's offered me a crib for upstairs and an oldfashioned home made cradle for downstairs (it's a gorgeous wooden cradle!), their baby monitor, car seat, a mobile or two, and some blankets and clothes. We're going over there next weekend for my nephew's birthday and sounds like we'll be coming back with a car full! Guess DH needs to get the garage cleared up for the influx of new stuff. My Mum seems to have made me a bit superstitious and worried about bring baby stuff into the actual house too early! Although we'd keep any clothes and material stuff upstairs rather than a cold garage.

So that's really going to help and save us a bit of money. As we work for ourselves the company's income will suffer with me not working much, so any savings are welcome! We'll still be offering them some money towards the original cost of things of course, but it's a bit different to buying everything new :)

Great - always good to get some freebies - baby stuff is so expensive. And it's so much more environmentally friendly to re-use decent stuff anyway.

Definitely! I seem to be the last person that I know of to have a baby, so I've got a few friends plus my brother with young children, so plenty of people to get second hand stuff off!

It's been a quiet uneventful week this week. My headaches have almost all cleared up which is great, although today I woke at about 2.30am with one and it's not gone since, plus affected my sleep. Not good when I have a 2 hour drive this afternoon!

Besides that things have been quiet on the symptom front. I seem to be getting hungry but still not able to eat much, however my appetite still isn't really back (I consider this a good thing!). Although I do seem to have got addicted to scones, cream and jam, which isn't such a good thing, so I need to stop that!

My weight is back to what it was at the start of pregnancy which I consider to be a good thing, especially as I'm probably more hydrated and obviously have the extra fluid and (whilst small) baby weight. If I can stay the same (or lose) for another month or two I'll be quite happy.

Now I'm in my 2nd trimester I've relaxed a little and am hoping to get exercising soon. DH has stopped letting me carry shopping bags, boxes of wet clothes to hang up etc. and so I need to do some light weights just to stop my arms getting bigger!

We're away this weekend for my nephew's 1st birthday. We're staying at a log cabin in a national park, near where my brother lives. There's an indoor pool there too so I've packed my swimsuit and am hoping to do a bit of swimming whilst we're there, hopefully get me moving and then I'll carry on once we're back.

Definitely looking forward to a wonderful weekend away :) Have a good one everyone!

Have a lovely weekend Sarah :)

Thanks both :) Weather was nice on Saturday but unfortunately Sunday was wet (big heavy rain patch right over derbyshire on the weather map that day!). However, it was a great weekend, amazing little self catering lodge we had, and wonderful weekend :) Definitely worth the money for it too.

Have come back with £500+ worth of accessories, a crib and clothes/bedding/etc. from my brother. Have spent the evening going through the clothes (and awwwing over them all!). Such a major saving that's for sure. Still plenty to buy but we've got plenty of time especially as we need to save for the rest!

I was due to go and see the consultant's registrar tomorrow as I'm high risk due to my weight, but it's been cancelled and put back another week, again! I may see them before the baby comes! Got a dietician's appointment for early July too now.

Just need to weigh in again tomorrow morning and see how the last week has gone. I've been feeling either bloated or just a bit fatter around my middle, but besides that I've been feeling okay (minor niggly headaches first thing but nothing major). I'm hoping to actually, finally, make a start on exercise now. I managed about 25 minutes of swimming on saturday, so now I've got a little confidence on doing that I may get to a pool and do it more often! :D

Back