Sarah's Ramblings.... 2011!

Reasons for Me to lose weight...

This list if reasons that I presonally want to lose weight. Gonna be long...! But, I am going to use it as a motivation tool when I have a moment where I want to cheat!

- Feel healthy
- Look good
- Not be embarrassed at those times when you have to weigh yourself
- Not be embarrased/worried at times where there are weight or size limits - theme park rides/water slides etc.
- To be able to fit comfortably in to a canoe so I can spontaneously do these things with my Dad, rather than saying no just in case I won't fit!
- To be able to buy clothes that I want, rather than clothes that will cover certain parts of me up.
- To be able to not worry about whether I can fit through a gap in chairs etc, even though I usually can!
- To not be the fat girl in class/flat/family/friendship group
- To attract more people (shallow!!)
- To be able to do a skydive
- To get back in to swimming, and feel good about it.
- To feel comfortable on the beach again
- To not have to get scared sitting on chairs in case they break! (never happened but always scared it will!)
- To be able to feel comfortable with sitting on my friends laps and letting them lift me up (friends with way too many guys!)
- To feel more comfortable with playing sports - and able to play sports.
- To not feel uncomfortable when my boobs are mentioned - I know they are only big because I am fat!!

Think that is it for now.... I am sure there are tonnes more!

You're going to do this and you're going to do brilliantly. I have faith in you!

Love your list. Very similar to mine. We will get there :)

You're not alone, I'm struggling to get back in the zone again!!!

I think I need to get back in the habit of weighing myself and having cheeky peeks in the week to keep on track. I also need to take the time to make myself a healthy lunch, sandwiches are bumping up my calorie in take, I'm thinking of taking a leaf out of your book and giving wraps a go! x

I feel so in control again today - so happy :)

New rules for myself... hopefully will help to keep myself on track!

1. Exercise at least 5 days a week - will aim for 7 days. Exercise each day will be at least 6 miles on my bike. Will aim for 12 each day. Any more is a bonus.
2. Eat 1200 calories on days when I don't exercise or do only 6 miles. Eat 1500 a day when I do at least 12 miles.
3. Stick to the calories!! 1500 - eat 1500! I have bought orange juice to help me with this.
4. No chocolate apart from one bar, once a week. I think I will have it on a Friday.
5. No crisps apart from at lunch time.
6. 2 cans of Diet Coke allowed a day (am addicted... could get through 2 litres easily :ashamed0005: )
7. Try to eat breakfast - no more llie ins just to avoid having to use calories for breakfast!
8. Count absolutely everything! I had been not counting most fruit and veg as I was trying to get more in to my diet. I have now got in to a habit of having it, pretty much always 5 a day, so will begin to count again.

So, I am sure I can stick to these new rules!

Think my biggest enemy is binging... need to get in control of that for when I eventually get to goal anyway.

I have started using My Fitness Pal - I am in love! Haha, so useful. Haven't explored it fully yet but have used the app to input my food. I used to use Food Focus which was great, but this is far better!

So, today...

B: Raspberries (78), Muller toffee yoghurt (97) 175

L: Wholemeal tortilla wrap (149), extra light cream cheese (41), 4 slices of wafer thin ham (52), salad (11), coleslaw mix (14), sun dried tomatoes (29), light mayo (39) and roasted sweet peppers (20) 355

D: Yellowfin Sole Fillet (156), salad (23), sun dried tomatoes (29), roasted sweet peppers (20), coleslaw mix (14), light mayo (39), spaghetti hoops (120) and a shape white chocolate yoghurt (109) 510

Total: 1040

This is where I struggle.... if I am not binging, I am under eating!

So, I have some orange juice, and I bought some custard. Might have another yoghurt, or a cereal bar. Will get up to 1500. With my exercise, my net calorie intake is currently only 583. When I have eaten to get to my 1500 allowance, it will still be under 1000 I think, but at least I will have still eaten a lot, and exercised.

Can't wait until this time nxt week to see how I have done! Feeling very positive for once :)

Loving your focus, well done Sarah! x

Sounds like you've got it all worked out, keep up the good work :)

Woke up feeling SO positive! It helps that it is an amazingly sunny day, and the sun heats up my room to an unbearable heat so I have to get up earlier! Not so good when I need to get work done and can't stand the heat in my room though!

Weighed myself this morning. I used to only weigh once a week, but I don't think it matters that I m going to weigh myself much more reguarly now. I know that weight changes at different tim es of day/week etc, but to see a loss will boost my motivation, and to see a gain or STS won't worry me as I know that it will have only been a day...

So, weighed in this morning at 214 - thats a 2lb weight loss! :D

Was going to try to make a huge effort to drink lots of water today. Had a bottle by my bed with about 1 pint in so drank that whilst I exercised. Went to have a shower - no water! Went to fill up my bottle - NO WATER!!

Went to next door's flat - no water. In fact, somehow there is no water in the entire building.... and they don't know when it will be back! Brilliant...!

Got up early and did 12 miles on the exercise bike - about 450 cals burnt.

Had a lovely breakfast of a crumpet, marmite and egg

Is the water back on? after all that cycling you need a shower... I can smell you from here!!! lol!!! x

Yes thank god!!! It came on about 5 hours after my cycle! Couldn't even go to the loo!!

I've just finished my night with a pot of creamed rice. Usually if I had calories left over then I would have some chocolate or crisps - I am trying to make healthier choices!

I'm still feeling peckish, so I might have something else again, but will be about 100 cals and I have 400 exercise cals left.

Well done on the healthier options, you're in a great frame of mind at the moment, very jealous!!! Also pleased you now have water and can flush, lol!!! x

Back