Sarahs refeed plan :)

sarahlou72

Yesterday was my first refeed day :) I didn't wake up intending it to be but it makes sense as I was starting to pick and although I still want to lose a stone (maybe more I don't know) which will take me to 10.6, I have hovered around 11.6 for 2 weeks and have found it v demoralising and am scared I'll have a blow out! I'm happy at 10.6, I'm happier at 9 (am only 5.4) but that was 15 years ago ;) so we'll see....
I had a porridge for breakfast, spicy spaghetti for lunch then invaded the girls mini eggs when I got in from work - that was when I made the decision to refeed :)
For dinner I had a fajita - chicken and onions cooked in Cajun spices, lettuce, fat free natural yogurt, salsa, half an avacado in a tortilla.... I also had a handful of nachos and 2 squares of dark chocolate :) twas bliss :)
Got on the scales this morning (have deliberated about how much I'm going to weigh myself alot - thinking once a week is prob sensible but for now I'm going to track daily to keep on top of things) and was pleasantly surprised that I've sts...
I am however v hungry! Something which is new and is going to be the hard part of refeeding me thinks ;)
Going to have porridge for breakfast, chilli for lunch then we have friends over for dinner tonight. We're slow cooking a leg of lamb for 7 hours today, I'm going to do a Greek salad and roast potatoes cooked in goose fat - however I shan't be having any of them! I need to do a pudding but am not sure what yet...
Am speaking to my friend this morning and finding out about Cambridge step 3, I know it's 1000 cals but not sure about carbs but will be tracking everything in mfp anyway...
Well off to have my porridge and sort the lamb out... Hope everyone has a great day xx

Good luck with the refeeding - did you get a plan from SnS in the end? Is it a gradual re-introduction of foods? You'll have to excuse my ignorance in these things!

good luck with the refeeding will be very intresting to see how you get on

Thanks guys :)
Well it was all going v well until our guests arrived! I had porridge for breakfast... Missed lunch as I was so busy :(
Had lamb and salad, made eton mess for pud with 0% fat natural yogurt... But then I had 3 glasses of wine and about 15 mini eggs :( damn you Easter!!
I've put on a lb... Not surprised and am not overly worried... Received the s&s refeed info - it actually says in there expect a 4lb gain of water... Apparently this doesnt effect your size and you shouldnt feel it. I haven't read it completely, just skimmed through but it's a 7 day refeed plan to get you eating again, as far as I can see - so in order to lose more weight I think I need to do something else. Last night showed me that it's hard sticking to certain food groups (for me anyhow) so am going to join ww. I need the control and also the ability to have naughty things but be able to compensate for it and I feel ww gives you this. I have to say, once you are back on "normal" food - packs seem a little pointless unless you're counting carbs - a bowl of porridge is less cals than a pack of porridge. Even Cambridge diet step 3 doesn't count carbs (or tell you what your max should be anyhow) so all of a sudden you're faced with dilemmas between packs and real food... I don't really want to count carbs for the rest of my life - yes I'll be counting points on ww but I think that'll not only get this last stone off but teach me what my body can handle to maintain in the real world where I don't want to be on a diet forever :)
Not sure what to do now (re minimins) I don't really want to join another forum... I'd quite like to keep my diary here (I like you guys :) ) but obv I'll be doing another plan. If I'm allowed and you guys would like to see if it is a good way to refeed, I'm happy to stay here and log my food/progress.... (not points and all that malarkey - just the food so you can see what's working and what's not) If not, will completely understand and will shift my butt over to the ww forum (maybe)
For me it still feels like a refeed/ maintenance plan and still feels part of my journey.... So will leave it up to you :)
I'll post the refeed info if you like... I can't get to my pc to do it till tues unfortunately (by then it might be on their website or of course someone else might have posted) but if not I'll pop it on.... Xx

Could you post the details of the refeed plan?

weasey said:
Could you post the details of the refeed plan?

Have tried on my phone and it's a PDF so I can't cut n paste... Will have to do it when I can get to my emails on my PC - sorry... Will post as soon as I can :)

Yesterday was hard being hungry but I kept myself busy - its weird feeling hungry! Yesterday I had a hot cross bun for breakfast, a lamb salad wrap for lunch and a small bowl of paella for dinner... So pretty carb laden really :( was astonished to see I'd lost 1.5 lbs this morning so am a happy lady :) even though am surrounded by eggs that have been delivered by the Easter bunny ;)

Have woken up this morning and sts :) am counting points on ww and it's working. I haven't introduced food types slowly I'm ashamed to say, but for me it hasn't made a difference - I think the big thing after a vlcd is not going back to the same eating habits and having control. I didn't put any weight on from the last vlcd I did and don't intend to undo the good loss I had on this :) as I'm not following a set 'refeed' plan and am doing ww I think it's only fair I say bye and leave my diary here :) just wanted to let others know if they do come off a vlcd onto another diet it doesn't have to mean that you'll put weight on. I know I worried about this plenty but I've lost since coming off s&s so it is possible :) thanks for all your support over the last 7 weeks... Has got me through some tough times. Good luck on your journeys :) xx

claire30 said:
Are u going to be keeping a ww diary? :)
best of luck as you have done so well x

Thanks claire30 :) I think I'll start one today... Have found the support on here invaluable - am sure the ww forum is massive though and extremely busy! Puts me off a bit but a diary is a great way to track weightloss and see where you went wrong etc so I'll bite the bullet and jump in :) good luck with your weightloss hun x

Good luck hun! Pop back and say hello every now and again won't you :wavey:

EvieT said:
Good luck hun! Pop back and say hello every now and again won't you :wavey:

Thanks Evie :) will do... Good luck with your losses... Have no doubt with your determination you'll be at goal in no time xx

Loads and loads of luck, can't wait to be in the position for referring but am scared about when that happens. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.
Julia

norwegian girl said:
Loads and loads of luck, can't wait to be in the position for referring but am scared about when that happens. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.
Julia

Thanks Julia :) I was scared too... Especially as I didn't do a refeed plan... I put on a lb in the first 24 hours but 6 days into doing ww I have lost that, and another lb :) I think (for me) it's just a case of controlling what you eat... I was surprised at the shortness of the s&s refeed info to begin with but having been eating normal food for almost a week now, straight from a vlcd, without gaining, it doesn't seem so crazy now. I think the key is whatever you do you just have to stick with it and not go back to how you ate before :) best of luck with your losses :)

Thanks peeps :) totm is looming so hoping its not gonna scupper things too much.. Still have second thoughts of tasting the cooking! Even though I'm now eating my brain almost does a double take if I so much as lick a finger! x

Sounds like you're doing really well hun, glad to hear it! And just think of any TOTM gain or STS as being a temporary thing.

EvieT said:
Sounds like you're doing really well hun, glad to hear it! And just think of any TOTM gain or STS as being a temporary thing.

Thanks Evie :) I think realistically if I sts then I should be happy - have heard some horror stories of 7lb + gains coming off a vlcd and not introducing food groups slowly so will have to turn it into a positive I think (especially like you say, with totm!) well we'll see in the morning!
I miss the s&s forum a lot :( the ww forum is HUGE!!! V nice people, but lots going on! Find myself checking the s&s threads more than I do the ww one ;) x

Back