sarah's simply filling food diary

Thankyou sparkle, it nice to know ur keeping an eye on me! How's sw going?

Ah Sarah that's a shame but like everyone says its better than a gain. I know how frustrating it can be especially when you're good. Try not to get down and see what happens next week. The cross trainer will help I'm sure. Xxx

That's still a good gain in pregnancy! Uve done so well, hopefully speak to u soon!

So we had fish and chips tonight and I pointed it as 30pp 16pp for fish and 14pp for a standard chips!

I asked for cod and standard chips but we ate out so I couldnt weigh anything, just worried now, what if it's more than 30pp? How do u point ur fish and chips? To be honest 30pp is a lot so I reckon I'm ok but just can't help but worry!

I never weigh it! I just guess from the eating out guide how big I think my portion is!

I very rarely eat it so when I do I don't worry too much about the points. I think 30 should be more than enough! I hope you enjoyed it!

The last time I had fish and chips it was awful as the chips were dry! I regretted using the points!

Last edited:
Wk 18
Day 1 26pp 49 weeklies

B
Belvita biscuits 6pp
Milk 1pp

D
Salad
Mini shorties 4pp

T
Fish and chips 30pp

Caramel egg 5pp
Kit kat 3pp

49pp used
23 w/p used

26 weeklies left!

So had a bad day today, still with in points but felt so fed up I've eaten a fair few snacky things! I did plan the fish and chips last night as haven't had them since the start of Ww but I didn't plan on eating the snacks! Oh well I did it last week with 23 weeklies for 6 days so I'm sure I can d'o it again this wk with 26w/p for 6 days! Hopefully I won't repeat it again next wk and can spread my pp out a bit more!

Purpled said:
I never weigh it! I just guess fr the eating out guide how big I think my portion is!

I very rarely eat it so when I do I don't worry too much about the points. I think 30 should be more than enough! I hope you enjoyed it!

The last time I had fish and chips it was awful as the chips where dry! I regretted using the points!

These were 'award winning' so wasn't bad! I wouldn't say award winning but they were very nice and worth the points

Don't worry, you can do it again and having a day with food you don't normally eat might shake up your metabolism a little! Xx

I agree with becktoria, sometimes have a splurge day can shake your metabolism up really well, and its within points anyway. Sorry to hear about the STS, i empathise with the utter frustration at having one after a week 100% on plan :( But as other people have said our bodies aren't always predictable, might be better to consider what you have lost over the fortnight or even the month. Sure you are set for a bumper loss next week :)

Well in the last fortnight I have lost 1.5lb and 4.5lb in the last month so it's prob best not to think of it that way as to me that doesnt seem much!

Any time to get over it and stop feeling sorry fir myself, hopefully the fish and chips will shake my metabolism up!

Going to a BBQ tomorrow! They got sausages and salad bits! Does anyone know the pp in sausages and burgers, minus the buns and like the pp for 2 sausages / burgers! I have the pp in the purple book by it doesn't say if I have 2 wether I have to add an extra point ie 1-2pp 2-5pp, confuses me!

Ok I just looked on esource all sausages vary so I just went on asda pork sausages which was 4pp for one and 7pp for two.

Burgers again varied a normal burger was 4pp for 1 and 8pp for 2 but a quarter pounder was coming up at 8pp for one.

As a suggestion could you take ww or low fat sausages? And instead of a burger have chicken or just salad? Is it really worth the points?

Hmm well
I buy tesco finest

The ones I get are
Burgers 4pp and 2 are 8pp
Sausages 5pp and 2 are 9pp

But there pretty thick and meaty! So it depends on size!

The ww app says a non branded raw pork Sausage 20g is 2pp

In the purple book it was a thick sausage is 3pp, so if I just have one and a roll 4pp that should b fine as 7pp shouldn't it?

I think 7pp should be fine
+ any sauces! I lather mine in tomato ketchup lol

At least there is salad etc to go with it!

Do you have BBQ weather? I have rain!

Purpled said:
I think 7pp should be fine
+ any sauces! I lather mine in tomato ketchup lol

At least there is salad etc to go with it!

Do you have BBQ weather? I have rain!

It's sunny but cold and fairly windy!

I worked out the pp of the burgers according to the pack and I just had 2x burgers with salad then some grapes and strawberries for dessert.
It's so hard there is a really nice looking chocolate millionaire thing, but I have resisted! Looks so good!

Well done on resisting the millionaire shortbread thing - those things are lethally good. I think BBQs are really hard when you are watching what you are eating, I always feel a bit conspicious and there is so much temptation as people seem to graze all afternoon. Very strong willed start to the week Sarah :)

Thankyou!

So I've done 70mins on my cross trainer which includes 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down so a 60 min work out! I burnt 145 Cals, does anyone know how many ap that gives me?

Day 2 26pp 26 weeklies

B
Milk 1pp
Banana

D
2x burgers 8pp
Salad
Strawberries
Grapes

T
Chinese 16pp

Praline 2pp

27pp used
1w/p used
25 weeklies remain

Plus my cross trainer workout as stated above!

I dunno how many it gives you!

Aerobics gives me 1 per 10min
Running gives me 2 per 10min

So I guess it depends on intensity!

At least 1 per 10 mins

What does everyone else think?

Back