Sarah's SW Diary

Well done on your 3lb loss, hoped you liked my pudding recipes, I just love puddings, glad you had a lovely time at your aunties. xx

Hey,

How are you?

Have just been reading through your diary and posts. I have just come back to the forum after a couple of months of not posting and not doing that well at the diet so back to posting and keeping track. I think it really helps and keeps you focused!

I was doing a mixture of red, green and extra easy day and to be honest it didn't work for me but I do think I might go between Green and Extra easy. Really like and miss having 2 exa's & b's lol.

Keep up the good work x

Hey,

How are you?

Have just been reading through your diary and posts. I have just come back to the forum after a couple of months of not posting and not doing that well at the diet so back to posting and keeping track. I think it really helps and keeps you focused!

I was doing a mixture of red, green and extra easy day and to be honest it didn't work for me but I do think I might go between Green and Extra easy. Really like and miss having 2 exa's & b's lol.

Keep up the good work x

Hi :wavey:

I'm good thanks, how are you?

Welcome back to the site :) I think you'll find it really useful to keep you on track if you're struggling a bit, I know keeping this diary really helps me to stick to plan. If I know exactly what I'm having and when I'm alright :)

I only do green days, as I don't eat meat at all. I eat fish, but only rarely and am primarily veggie. I think I'd miss having the extras as well if I did extra easy. There seem to be a lot of people who lose more doing extra easy or red, but I think everyone's different and you just have to pick what works best for you.

Good luck, I'll try and find your diary in a min :) x

I've just got in from the cinema and had a mini roll with a toffee mullerlight, it was yummy :eating: I have to say, it's quite quickly becoming one of my favourite things at the moment. If you stick the mini roll in the microwave for about 20-30 seconds, it goes all nice and gooey, and then when you pour the mullerlight on and mix it up a little bit it tastes amazing :D Definately worth the 6 syns!

I love it :)

We saw friends with benefits. It was very good, definately one of the better chick flicks I've seen in a while. Just what me and the best friend needed tonight :) xx

Hi Sarah

I have been reading your diary while I wait for my horrid 18 yr old to come home :rolleyes:

Mushy pea curry

3 cans mushy peas
1 can baked beans
onion
mushroom
curry powder to taste

dice onion and mushrooms, soften them in fry light add to beans and peas simmer and serve

Its fab on a jacket spud, rice etc.

I only used 2 cans mushy peas and 1 tin of beans.

Its so tasty and so filling

Goodluck and well done so far sweetie you are doing well xxxxx

Hi Sarah

I have been reading your diary while I wait for my horrid 18 yr old to come home :rolleyes:

Mushy pea curry

3 cans mushy peas
1 can baked beans
onion
mushroom
curry powder to taste

dice onion and mushrooms, soften them in fry light add to beans and peas simmer and serve

Its fab on a jacket spud, rice etc.

I only used 2 cans mushy peas and 1 tin of beans.

Its so tasty and so filling

Goodluck and well done so far sweetie you are doing well xxxxx

Aww, thank you Jackie :D I'll give it a go next week! Where has your 18 year old been?

I'm just having my shepherds pie for breakfast haha. Then got to make a cheesecake and do some last minute shopping for my friend's hen night tonight. We're all dressing up as grannies (she didn't want any of us to feel frumpy or bad about ourselves next to some of the slimmer, more glamourous ones!), and I need to get a bag to take. I'm trying to fill myself up this morning before we go, as I have absolutely no idea what's on the menu for dinner tonight. I'm hoping there will besomething there that won't be too far off plan, but eating stuff that's going to fill me up and has low syn values just in case!

Here's the food plan:

Breakfast
Veggie shepherds pie (HexA + 1 syn)

Lunch
Wholemeal toast (Hex B)
Baked beans (free)

Dinner
Who knows?? Will pick whatever fits in best, hoping for salmon and new potatoes or something...

Snacks
Fruit! (free)

Total: so far only 1 syn, will update tomorrow when I've worked out dinner tonight!

awww have a fabby time tonight sweetie :D sounds like it will be fun and very thoughtful of your friend to chose that theme too

Actually if you use quorn mince you could make Michelle's cobbler recipe. Its delicious and I'm sure it would be just as nice on a veggie casserole/ quorn one. I plan to make it again as even my kids ate it and commented how yummy it was

Matt stayed out all night without letting me know :cry: I have just screamed at him and given him food for thought :8855: he is currently quiet but grovelling :8855: xxxxxxxxxxx

Oooh, thanks for the tip! I'll have a look later and see if I can find it :)

Aww, poor you, you must have been worried :( My kid sister is 18 and she took to doing that for a while until my mum sat her down and gave her a good talking to. She always lets her know if she's staying out now, although apparently sometimes the texts don't come in until 4-5am! Still, better than nothing I suppose! She's on a planet of her own most of the time that one. I do find it quite funny sometimes watching from the outside and seeing how it must have been for my Mum when I was that age!

Do you have any niceplans for the weekend? xxx

yep i'd rather have a text at 4am than silence :( hes in cuckooland half the time, which is fine, he can stay there so long as he lets me know thats where he is :8855:

kids eh?

Here is the cobbler recipe

mince/or quorn/or veggies
gravy
onions
mushrooms
peas

cook and put in oven proof dish

topping/cobbler

1 pk smash
1 tub fat free cottage cheese
3 eggs
salt and pepper
and enough water to bind into a scone consistency ie not too sticky

I added 1 HEXA of grated cheese too and well worth it.

This mix makes 12-14 cobbler sconey bits so could be halved

place sconey bits on top of the meat/quorn/veggie mix and bake in the oven for 25-30 mins on 180 until golden brown

I've just put the topping on and put it in the fridge to set for tomorrow. Had a little taste of the topping mix and it tasted fab! Just hope it sets ok. I'll let you know, and will try and post a pic up when it's done :D

Well, I'm home. Last night was an absolute blast. It was so much fun dressing up as a gang of grannies, and I have to say, my feet have never been so comfy out as they were in those slippers! Compression stockings on the other hand, are really quite annoying. Managed to stick completely to plan as well :D I had a fruit cocktail thing that was set in jelly, although I just picked the fruit out and left the jelly (I don't like the texture, it makes me gag :sign0137:). For main I had pasta with a tomato and vegetable sauce, which was lovely, and I had a heap of veg with it as well :) I ordered profiteroles for pudding, purely because the cost of the night included a 3 course dinner and I thought someone else might want them, as they were already paid for. The head hen ate one, and I made a smiley face on the plate out of the rest of them :D I didn't even have a taste of the chocolate sauce! :angel09: I'm counting 10 syns, just to account for any oil/sugar that might have been in the food, although to be honest it really didn't taste like there was much in it at all, it was really good :)

Had a good old boogie too, which was good. I got everyone in there up and dancing on the chairs and tables hehe.

JackieN said:
well done you what an :angel: you were :D

proud of you for making all the right choices and for ordering and not eating profiteroles :D
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you so much :) I tried to post a pic of the smiley face I made with them but I don't think it worked. Not quite figured that one out yet! xxx

tillymax said:
Sounds like a brilliant night. Well done on your food choices. I would have eaten the profiteroles cos I love them :D

Have a lovely party today and I hope the cheesecake is a success :)

Thanks tilly :) it really was a good night, and today was great too. I love that side of my family so much, they're such a laugh. My gran fell in the flowerbed while we were taking photos, which as she was fine was very funny.

The cheesecake was fab, will post the recipe when I get home :) xxx

Back