Sarah's SW Diary

We've just had lunch, which was yummy! Dad made a lentil and mushroom loaf from a recipe he found online, and I've calculated the syn value, so here's the food plan for today:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Baked beans (free)
28g cheese (HexA)

Lunch
Lentil and mushroom loaf (5 syns)
Boiled potatoes (free)
Carrots (free)
Courgettes (free)
Broccoli (free)
Gravy (3.5 syns)

Dinner
71g dried apricots (HexB)
Grapes (free)
Strawberries (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)

Snacks
Fruit (free)

Total: 8.5 syns

thefinalcountdown said:
Well, it's been a hard day today. Don't want to go into too much detail, but had to deal with a situation that I've never been in before, and it was pretty tough. I'm kinda feeling the need for some chocolate, but really trying to resist. What I really want is a nice guy to cuddle up to, but that's not going to happen!

Think my flatmate and I are going to the cinema again later, just because I want to get out of the house. I think I want to go to the pub, but not sure I can be bothered with getting dressed and making myself look that presentable. At least in the cinema we'd be sat in the dark.

Ooh I hope your ok?? But glad that you ended up having a great night. I always think the beat nights are those that are bot planned :) xx

Ooh I hope your ok?? But glad that you ended up having a great night. I always think the beat nights are those that are bot planned :) xx

Yeah, I'm fine now thanks, it was just a bit of a tough one and I needed to get out the house last night so I didn't dwell on things too much.

I've always found that too :) xx

Glad everythings ok now.

Sounds like a good night out. Never mind the t-shirts, did you get the drummers number?

Unfortunately not :( had a bit of a nosey on facebook though, and it looks like he might have a girlfriend. From the sounds of it they might be a regular band in there (was chatting to the pub manager too) so will see how it goes next time!

Right, food plan for tomorrow:

Breakfast
28g porridge oats (HexB)
Mullerlight (free)
Melon (free)
Mango (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn fillet pieces (free)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)
Wotsits (5 syns)
Apple (free)
Grapes (free)
Strawberries (free)

Dinner
Veg stir fry (free)
Noodles (free)
Soy sauce (free)

Snacks
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
28g cheese (HexB)
Low fat salad cream (1 syn)

Total: 10.5 syns

Last edited:
I've been craving jacket potato with cheese and salad cream ALL DAY!! I thought about having one instead of my stir fry for dinner, but the stir fry stuff needed eating, so I've had that.

Still REALLY want a jacket spud though. I could have one, as the potato would be free, I haven't had my milk yet so the cheese would be a HexA, and I've only jad 7.5 syns, so have enoigh for spread and salad cream.

Does it look like too much if I have one as well? I don't know what to do!

Well, I gave in and had the potato. I left it about 40 mins after I had my stir-fry, and I still felt hungry (for some reason I woke up starving this morning, and have felt hungry all day!). I decided if I tried to hold out, I would either end up having something far worse later, or lie in bed hungry tonight, which is never good. It was only a small potato, and it doesn't take me over my syns anyway, so I'm not going to worry about it too much :)

I shall update the food plan to show it.

Just a quick post with today's plan before I head off to work:

Breakfast
4 x cream crackers (8 syns)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
28g cheese (HexA)
Melon (free)
Mango (free)

Lunch
Homemade veg soup (free)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Toffee mullerlight (free)
Apple (free)
2 x plum (free)

Dinner
Wholewheat pasta (free)
Quorn bolognese (free)
28g cheese (HexB)

Snacks
Fruit (free)
Mullerlight (free)

Total: 10 syns

Last edited:
My flatmate is out tonight so I'm enjoying an evening to myself :) I've got my candles lit and am snuggled up under my blanket with an options hot choc watching nature programmes, 'tis lovely :)

Total syns today are now 12.

WI today! I've stuck to plan 100% all week, but I'm still a little nervous. I'm really hoping for a 2lb loss to get my half stone sticker. We'll see.

I woke up this morning and could hardly move my neck, I think I must have slept funny, it's really quite painful. I had my acupuncture this morning, and she did some extra in my neck for me, and I've been hobbling around like an old lady for most of the morning with a heatpack on it.

Today's been a bit of a funny one, food wise. At Mum's for dinner after WI tonight, so don't know what we're having then, here's what I've had so far.

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn fillet pieces (free)
Low fat mayo (2.5 syns)
Wotsits (5 syns)
250ml semi-skimed milk (HexA)

Lunch
Tinned spaghetti (free)
Apple (free)

Snack
Melon (free)
Mango (free)
2 x plums (free)

Woohoo! I lost 3lb so I got my sticker! Happy girlie tonight :D

That makes 8lb total, will update everything later when I'm on my laptop :) xx

For some reason it won't let me update my ticker...I guess the site must be having problems or something? I'll try again tomorrow, I've updated everything else :D

I was so excited by getting my sticker, I didn't even realise that it's taken me down into the next stone bracket too! I'm even happier now! :bliss:

I'm lying in bed trying to decide what to have for breakfast tomorrow, and I think I've decided, so here's the plan:

Breakfast
2 cream crackers (4 syns)
Low fat spread (1 syn)
Marmite (free)
Melon (free)
Mango (free)

Lunch
Homemade soup (free)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
2 x plums (free)

Dinner
Veggie shepherds pie (HexA for cheese in mash, plus 1 syn for low fat spread in mash)
Green beans (free) - Home-grown in my stepmum's garden :)
Gravy (3.5 syns)

Snacks

Total: 9.5 syns

I must stop at the supermarket on my way home to get some more fruit, I just remembered I ate my last apple earlier and the 2 plums for lunch tomorrow are the last ones I have too.

Last edited:
Wow, that was the longest day ever! Certainly feels that was anyway. This is the first time I've stopped since I got up at 6.45 this morning. Had the distric nurses team meeting for all the district nurses in the local team at lunchtime, so didn't get to have my soup as there was nowhere to heat it up :( Also didn't get to take my painkillers at lunchtime either, so have been in pain all afternoon, not fun. :sigh: Aside from not getting to have my soup, I have stuck 100% to my food plan for the day. Just finished my dinner, the shepherds pie was lush, just what I needed tonight :)

It finally let me update my ticker too.

My Mum sprang on me last night that we're doing the food for my Aunt's 60th birthday party on Sunday, and I'm in charge of puddings. So, at some point between now and Sunday lunchtime, in between work tomorrow morning, meeting my best friend tomorrow night for a catch-up, going out for one of my old school friend's hen do on Sat lunch time and coming back on Sun morning, I have to make dessert! :eek: I'm going to have to try and get it done tomorrow afternoon, along with several other things.

I have a recipe for a SW friendly lemon cheesecake so I'm going to give that a go. Have made some syn free bhajis tonight while I was making dinner so Mum and I can have them to help us resist the pizza and pastry things that will no doubt be appearing in the buffet!

Oh, and my Auntie's potato salad will be there. Must avoid that one! It's standard procedure at Christmas that my cousin's wife and I sit with the bowl between us and a fork each and finish the lot! She's on SW too, so we shall both have to resist :) It's probably about 100 syns per mouthful or something ridiculous! Haha!

Thanks tilly :) I'll be fine once I take my night time painkillers, I just can't take anything else until then otherwise I'll have taken too much.

It will be a lot of fun, my family are a right laugh when they're all together! She knows about it, we're having it at her house, only we're all doing the food and taking it with us so she doesn't have to do much. My Mum's icing her a cake with all her favourite things to do on it, I'll try and post a pic when I see it :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll try and track her down! I love cooking, and am known among all my friends and relatives for being good at puddings, I just haven't got many recipes that are SW friendly! The recipe I have for this I got out of one of the SW books, so I thought I'd give it a go...

How are you? xx

Food plan for today:

Breakfast
Melon (free)
Mango (free)
Strawberry mullerlight (free)

Lunch
Homemade soup (free)
Wholemeal toast (HexB)
Low fat spread (2 syns)

Dinner
Veggie shepherds pie (HexA + 1 syn)
Baked beans (free)

Snacks
Mini roll (6 syns)

Total: 9 syns

Last edited:
Just popped in to see what you had for breakfast :8855:

Hahaha! I only had fruit and yogurt this morning as was at work, and didn't have time to do anything. Haven't had a takeaway in ages so not had the breakfast curry for a while. It might be leftover shepherds pie tomorrow though... hahaha x

Back