Butternut squash (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Snacks
Apple (free)
Animal biscuits (5.5 syns)
Toffee mullerlight (free)

Total: 11 syns

I think there's something in the air today, I've had enough already and just spoke to the boy who's having a rubbish day too.

You will defiantly lose next week it’s just a blip xx

Do you have the recipe for parsnip soup?, can't wait for the new sw soup book, I love soups.

JaneB said:
You will defiantly lose next week it's just a blip xx

Do you have the recipe for parsnip soup?, can't wait for the new sw soup book, I love soups.

I hope so, I'm back on track 100% and determined to get my club 10 this week.

Here's the parsnip soup recipe:

Ingredients
1 large onion, chopped
6 large parsnips, cubed
6 medium potatoes, cubed
Vegetable stock
1 tbsp hot curry powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
100mls milk (I used semi-skimmed)

Method
Soften the onion in a big pan. Add the parsnip, potato and spices and allow to sweat for 10-15 mins. Pour in vegetable stock, to about an inch above the veg. Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 45 mins to an hour. Blend until smooth and then stir in the milk.

Using semi-skimmed milk it's 2.5 syns for the whole batch, which when I divided it up would make about 10 decent sized bowls full, so less than half a syn per bowl on EE and green. It was really tasty and filling too. You do need a huge pan though, I did it across 2 saucepans as I couldn't fit it all in my biggest one!

They had the new soup book at our class this week so keep your eye out for it! It looks fab, now I've been paid I might get one :) xx

Hi - just been browsing your diary and looks good - I am a greenie too so was excited to see fajita strips are free - they sound good but dont think I have ever seem them!!

Also, sorry about your cousin and friend. My marriage only lasted less than 2 years and I know how hard it is x

Hi - just been browsing your diary and looks good - I am a greenie too so was excited to see fajita strips are free - they sound good but dont think I have ever seem them!!

Also, sorry about your cousin and friend. My marriage only lasted less than 2 years and I know how hard it is x

Hi Sally, thanks for dropping by :) The fajita strips are really nice in sandwiches and stuff. I normally get them in Morrisons, but they do seem to be getting harder to come by! I also haven't seen the plain quorn pieces for a little while, which is annoying as I like them much better than the slices!

Hope you're getting on ok, how long have you been doing SW? xx

Will be on the hunt later for them!! Getting a bit bored with mince and sausages lol. This is my 2nd go on SW - my weight varies from 8st 10lb to 11st 10lb. Am determined to stay around 9st 7lb max this time. Havent chucked out my big clothes yet so I relly should.

And, despite the short marriage, I am now with a gorgeous man who I love to bits - it's almost a year now :) xx

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Baked beans (free)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Tuna (HexB + 2 syns)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)
28g cheese (HexA)
Grapes (free)

Dinner
Couscous (free)
Red onion (free)
Red pepper (free)
Green pepper (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)
Apple (free)

Snacks
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)
Meringue nest (3 syns)

Total: 9.5 syns

Last edited:
Will be on the hunt later for them!! Getting a bit bored with mince and sausages lol. This is my 2nd go on SW - my weight varies from 8st 10lb to 11st 10lb. Am determined to stay around 9st 7lb max this time. Havent chucked out my big clothes yet so I relly should.

And, despite the short marriage, I am now with a gorgeous man who I love to bits - it's almost a year now :) xx

I am going to throw my big clothes away as soonas they're too big for me to wear this time. If they're gone, I can't get bigger as I'll have nothing to wear! Thankfully I still have all my smaller clothes from last time I was slim and am shrinking my way back through them without having to buy a whole new wardrobe!

I'm glad to hear you're happy now :) I really hope that whatever happens between my cousin and my friend they both end up with someone and are happy xx

Food for yesterday:

Breakfast
2 x Weetabix (HexB)
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)
1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns)
Melon (free)

Lunch
Couscous (free)
Red onion (free)
Red pepper (free)
Green pepper (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Bread roll (10 syns)
Vege burger (5 syns)
Chips (10 syns)
Mayo (5 syns)
Ketchup (3 syns)

Total: 37 syns

We ended up having dinner in the pub last night, and I really did try to be good. Initially I ordered a jacket potato with beans, but they didn't have any jacket potatoes, so I ordered quorn sausages with colcannon and gravy, which I worked out would've been around 10ish syns, but they had run out of quorn sausages too!! I didn't really have much choice other than to have the burger and chips...there were salads on the menu, but as I was going out last night I really needed something that was going to fill me up!

I managed to resist the pizza, mince pies, onion bhajis and other very naughty buffet foods at the party though, and had a good dance while we were out. I'll slightly reduce syns for the rest of the week to account for the 37 syns yesterday and all will be fine :D

Food for today:

Breakfast
Low fat super noodles (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)

Lunch
Salmon fillet (2 x HexB)
New potatoes (free)
Olive spread (1.5 syns)
Carrots (free)
Broccoli (free)
Cauliflower (free)
Leeks (free)
Green beans (free)
Tartare sauce (3 syns)
Apple sauce (1 syn)
2 x apples (free)
Grapes (free)
1 scoop ice-cream (7.5 syns)

Snacks

Total: 14 syns

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
2 x weetabix (HexB)
1 tbsp honey (2.5 syns)

Lunch
Lentil and mushroom loaf (HexB)
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Baked beans (free)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)

Dinner
Quorn & mushroom pie (free)
Carrots (free)
Courgettes (free)
Brocolli (free)

Snacks
Melon (free)
Apple (free)

Total: 5 syns

I'm alright thanks Jackie :) A bit tired, but I always seem to be like that at the moment! Life is having one of it's busy spells and everything seems to be happening at once!

We went out in fancy dress for a Hallowe'en party on Saturday and ended up being out till 2 am (which would've been 3 if the clocks hadn't changed!) and I'm not used to being out that late any more, it takes me a while to recover! How are you? xxx

Haha, I have to have normal breakfasts when I'm on early shifts, they're quicker to make and I'm not very good in the morning! xx

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Tinned spaghetti (free)
Grapes (free)

Lunch
Mugshot (free)
Wholemeal roll (6 syns)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syns)
Quorn slices (free)

Dinner
SW chips (free)
Garlic mushrooms (free)
28g cheese (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)

Snacks
Spicy parsnip soup (0.5 syns)
2 x Alpen lights (HexB)
Apple (free)

Total: 8 syns

I'm ok thanks Jackie :) Having a chillout night in my pjs, which is lovely! Feels like I haven't done it for ages!

Those pancakes were lovely, I think I'll make some on Thursday morning as I'm on a late shift and have plenty of time :) How do you get them not to stick to the pan? Mine looked a bit of a mess as they stuck a little and fell apart when I tried to turn them over! Think I might have put too much mix in the pan though!

Spaghetti on toast for breakfast is fab! Really fills me up and keeps me going all morning :D Tinned spaghetti in a toastie is good too, but the only sliced bread I have at the moment is in the freezer! xxxxx

Back