Sarah's SW Diary

:giggle: I'd be scared dating :giggle: but Tilly's right no meals out then :8855: enjoy yourself :D Gary's idea of getting me a meal is a McDonalds :8855:

So far he's been lovely, checking out menus and stuff before we go anywhere to make sure they have a decent veggie selection so I'll have plenty to choose from, bless him. Apparently he can cook too! :eek: Not witnessed it yet, but in my experience guys that can cook are normally pretty good at it!

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Tinned spaghetti (free)
Melon (free)

Lunch
Wholemeal pitta (HexB)
28g cheese (HexA)
Mushrooms (free)
Onion (free)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syns)

Dinner
Carvery!! Mainly superfree, but allowing 5 syns for mash/roast potato, 2.5 for a roast parsnip and 3 for gravy

Total: 11 syns

So far he's been lovely, checking out menus and stuff before we go anywhere to make sure they have a decent veggie selection so I'll have plenty to choose from, bless him. Apparently he can cook too! :eek: Not witnessed it yet, but in my experience guys that can cook are normally pretty good at it!

Move over Sarah. The boy sounds perfect. I want him :)

tillymax said:
Move over Sarah. The boy sounds perfect. I want him :)

Hahaha, it's still early days yet. I'm sure if it's still going on in a few.months or so I'll have found something really annoying about him :8855:

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
2 x quorn sausage (2 syns)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Tomato ketchup (1 syn)
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)
Chocolate nesquik powder (3 syns)

Lunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Quorn fajita strips (free)
Apple (free)
Melon (free)

Dinner
Vegetable stir-fry (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Beansprouts (free)
Noodles (free)
Soy sauce (free)

Total: 7 syns

I really don't want to go to work today. Star week is due and I have horrible cramps :( Normally I don't get any at all, but today it feels like my insides are being punched and twisted. I also found out some stuff from my Dad yesterday that has put me in a bit of a funk, and so I'm not feeling particularly sociable. It's amazing the stuff that comes out when somebody dies isn't it?

I'll be ok. I'm worried about my Dad though. He and my stepmum are going to Cornwall for a few days to visit my stepsister, I really hope it does him good to get away.

Right, well it's WI tonight, and I'm feeling all bloated and crappy. Night shifts tonight and tomorrow too :( Think I'm gonna have McDonalds tonight after WI, I've been craving it, I need something quick to have between WI and work, and I normally have a treat on a Weds night anyway.

Gonna have tuna and cheese melt thing in a min (2 x HexB, HexA + 3.5 sys) and then try and get a few more hours sleep in. Will update later when I've weighed in!

Last edited:
Well, I'm mid-way through my night shift, and lets just say my black hole Wednesday night has carried on well into Thursday morning! I had McDonalds between WI and work as I planned, but I've basically been eating biscuits and chocolate all night! I think I've had 3 (maybe 4) chocolate hobnobs, about half a box of festive friends biscuits and about 8 little chocolate ball things that one of the patients gave us while we were doing the drug round. Whoops! They've all gone now though, so I can't eat anymore and will definitely be back on plan as of now. To be fair, it's probably not an awful lot worse than my normal Wednesday night blowout, it's just been spread out over a longer period of time!

I think it's going to be more difficult planning my food while I'm on nights, but I'm sure I'll come up with something to avoid all the biscuits tomorrow. At least I'm only doing the 2, if I was on them all week I think it would totally screw up my weight loss! I want a biggie next week too, I'm only 3.5lb away from my 2 stone sticker!

I got nominated for Miss Slinky in group too, I'm a bit pleased about that! I don't think I'll win it, there's a woman in our group who has lost 8 stone who's also nominated, and I think she'll get it. There are 2 men, one of whom is at target and the other has lost I think a stone and a half in 9 weeks, and another woman who's at target. Also, I know it was my Mum who nominated me, but even so, it's given me a boost :D

I feel like I've rambled on for ages! This is what I'm like at 4 in the morning, I talk a load of rubbish. All the sugar probably hasn't helped! :8855:

Hope you don't mind me gate crashing your post but you don't see loads of people on here at this time in the morning!

Well done on being nominated for Miss Slinky, that's great x

HPSaucy said:
Hope you don't mind me gate crashing your post but you don't see loads of people on here at this time in the morning!

Well done on being nominated for Miss Slinky, that's great x

Hi, course I don't mind! You're welcome to gate crash any time! There will probably be another ramble at some peculiar time again later as I'm on another night shift. For now though, I just got home and it's bed time!

I'vedecided to write off the syns I ate on my night shift last night as my Wednesday night black hole night. I don't know how many I ate, but I'm starting this weeks plan from when I walked in the door this morning.

Not really sure how to name meals, as they're at funny times, so I'll just put times I've eaten! Here's the food for today:

When I got in (7.40am)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn fajita strips (free)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syns)

When I woke up (15.45)
Couscous (free)
Red/green peppers (free)
Red onion (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)

Before I go to work (18.00 ish)
Wholemeal pasta (free)
Mushrooms (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Primula light (HexA)
28g cheese (HexB)

To take to work with me
More of the veggie-coucous (1.5 syns)
Melon (free)

Total: 5.5 syns

Well done on being nominated :)

If you hadn't been to bed then everything you ate at work was part of your Wednesday blow out.

It made me giggle when you said you didn't know what to call your meals cos they were a bit strange. This coming from the girl who has shepherds pie for breakfast :D

Guess what - I had leftover shepherds pie for breakfast the other day. It made a nice change :)

They were funny times, I didn't think I could count my roll as breakfast because it was before I went to bed, but then I didn't want to count breakfast as couscous at quarter to 4! :8855:

See, I'll get you all round to my weird ways soon enough! Curry is the best breakfast though hehe x

We're sitting in the office drinking tea (well, I'm drinking water, I don't like tea) and someone has just put an open packet of caramel digestives right next to me! Sooo hard to resist them right now!

Back