Sarah's SW Diary

I'm wearing my smaller jeans today :D

Hi Linz :) you're welcome to steal menus from here any time hun, if you want recipes for anything then just ask!

I'm ok, thanks Jackie. It's been a crazy few days though! We had a letter to say that our rent is going up in April, and it's getting to the point that we began to think about what else we might be able to get for our money (we're currently in a 2 bed flat, and there are houses available for around the same price they're putting our rent up to). So, we had a flick through the property websites, and saw a gorgeous house, but rang up and it had gone. I went to view one this evening, which is GORGEOUS but my flatmate is ill and couldn't come with me. Chances are it will go in the morning (there were 3 other people there to view it at the same time I was, so it's bound to go pretty quick, you wouldn't get another house like that for the same price). So, talked it through with my flatmate, and it was either we'd got to go for it without her having seen it, or leave it. The sensible heads came out, and we came to the conclusion that we're not going to move. We're happy here, and although the rent is going up and we could get a house for the same price, it would be expensive to move and we may end up paying out more in bills when we got there. Also, the way things are going with the boy (and between her and her boy) it might be more sensible to stick with where we are and not be tied into a 12 month contract.

Anyway, my head has gone from definitely not moving till I finish my qualification, to moving next month and back again in the space of about 3 days!

Food wise, I've been a bit naughty while I've not been on here. Nothing too major, all bar 2 of my meals have been on plan (the 2 that weren't were a roast dinner with the boy and a McDonalds :eek:), but the leftover valentines cheesecake got the better of me, so I've had a piece of that every day for the last 2 days, and I had chocolate on Sunday. We'll see what the scales say tomorrow. I've only got half a pound to go to my 2.5 stone award, so I'd really like to get that (especially as it's the first week with our new C, so it would be nice for her to have at least one award to give out on her first night), but I'll know why if I don't get it. It could go either way!

Anyway, there's my ramble for the day, I'm off for a quick shower and then to the boy's for pancakes. They won't be SW friendly either, but it's only pancake day once a year, and with the last few mishaps over the past couple of days one more won't do much damage that's not already been done...that's my excuse anyway!

I probably won't post my food plan tomorrow, but I'll update with my loss and I'll be back to my normal diary on Thursday! xxxx

:bighug: lovely its sounds like you've alot going on. Under the circumstances I think you are doing remarkably well :D

House - flat - i think you are right to stay as I would imagine bills will be higher in a house, it varies I know but as you say you both may move on in the next few months :wee: so best stay where you are. Better the devil you know and all that.

:bighug: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Jackie :)

Well, weigh in was ok, I put half a pound on, but considering the amount of cheesecake I'd eaten, and chocolate on Sunday, and McD's, and a big naughty roast dinner, I think I got away lightly!

The boy came to dinner at my Mum's with me yesterday. It all went well, she seemed to like him, which is good. I'd pre-warned him that they're all mad, and they didn't disappoint!

Food-wise yesterday, I was ok but not 100%. The boy was off work so we went out for brekkie, which I worked out to be around 7 syns, then my Mum did jacket spuds with choices of fillings for dinner, so I think I had about another 10 there (coleslaw and salad cream, with a bit of cold stuffing :rolleyes:)

Here's the plan for today:

Brunch
Wholemeal bread (HexB)
6 x LCEL triangles (HexA)
2 x quorn sausages (2 syns)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner
Lentil & mushroom loaf (HexB)
New potatoes (free)
Baked beans (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)
Low fat spread (1 syn)

Snacks
Pineapple (free)
Plum (free)
Gherkins (free)
Strawberries (free)
Mullerlight (free)

Total: 5 syns

I'm having a batch cooking session tonight to make sure I have lots of SW friendly meals cooked and frozen in portions, so I have no excuse for slipping off plan this week. I need to stop messing around and shift this last stone!

Last edited:
Definitely 100% this week.Was a little over my 15 syns yesterday, but am having less today to compensate and 100% for the rest of the week. My loss last week just goes to prove that I can still lose at the rate I was at the start, and the only thing stopping me is myself. I've been hovering around the same weight for weeks now, and I need to get my arse into gear and shift this last bit!

I've done a food shop this morning and got in lots of yummy fresh fruit, and am going to have a batch cooking session tonight and make free bolognese, sweet potato and bean chilli and a lentil and mushroom loaf, so I have lots of yummy, free, superfree packed, superspeed food ready prepared and no excuses!

I'm also going to try and cut out chocolate for lent. I think I'll still let myself have options if I really fancy it, but no actual bars of chocolate, as I think they seem to be my biggest downfall at the moment. I've got into a bit of a habit of having chocolate on a Sunday at the boy's when we watch a film or whatever in the evening and that has to stop! xxxx

I just got my carrots out to go with my dinner and they've gone off :( (they're not ones I bought this morning, they were in the cupboard from last week). So, instead of carrots with my dinner I'll be having baked beans, and will be having strawberries for afters to make sure I get my superfree in :D. Have updated the food plan to show changes.

Doing an EE day today as I have prawns that need eating for lunch and I don't want to weigh them :p Here's the plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Quorn slices (free)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Baked crisps (5 syns)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Prawns (free)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)
Ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner
Stirfry (free)
Beansprouts (free)
Rice noodles (free)
Soy sauce (free)

Snacks
Fruit (free)
250ml semi-skimmed milk (HexA)

Total: 9.5 syns

Ok, I was a bit naughty yesterday. I went to Frankie and Benny's with the boy, and had a baked mushroom with mozarella starter and a goats cheese and caramelised onion pizza. And half a portion of herby potatoes. I was proper stuffed and full for the rest of the day, but it was lovely. Then I had a veggie sausage sarnie for tea as was starting to get a bit peckish at around 8 o'clock. Then had a bar of galaxy cookie crumble. It was only a normal sized bar, not a family bar, but still. There goes my not eating chocolate. Bugger.

Anyway, back on track 100% today, and only having a few syns today, tomorrow and Weds to compensate, and lots of fruit and speedy foods.

Here's today's plan:

Breakfast
Apple (free)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)
Quorn slices (free)
Melon (free)

Lunch
Speedy tomato soup (free)
30g cheese (HexA)
Strawberries (free)

Dinner
Stirfry (free)
Beansprouts (free)
Rice noodles (free)
Soy sauce (free)

Snacks
Grapes (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)
1 x Pink & White (2.5 syns)
Wholemeal bread (HexB)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Marmite (free)

In other news, I have been given a breadmaker, so have my first loaf of bread in it as I type. There was no instruction manual with it though, and I couldn't find one online, so I've used the recipe my Dad uses in his and am hoping it works. So far it's made clicking noises every few seconds, but hasn't actually stirred the ingredients or done anything. It's warm though. We'll see. Does anyone else have one and know what it's meant to do??

Oh, and the boy met my Dad and Stepmum yesterday.

Last edited:
Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Wholemeal toast (2 x HexB)
Low fat spread (3 syns)
Marmite (free)

Lunch
Speedy tomato soup (free)
30g cheese (HexA)

Dinner
New potato wedges (free)
Mushy pea curry (free)

Snacks
Lots of fruit (free)
2 x LCEL triangles (2 syns)

Hehe, sorry Tilly! The cheesecake was lovely but it was very naughty! Hence the little gain :rolleyes: Apart from the Frankie and Benny's on Sunday, and a little piece of cake today, I've been very good this week so hoping for at least 1lb off this week for my sticker that I've been trying to get for months!! Good to see you back Tilly :D xxx

Change of plan for tea, the mushy pea curry I was going to have hasn't defrosted yet, so I'm going to be having 'fried' new potatoes, baked beans and mushrooms, with a blob of extra light mayo for 0.5 syn.

My kitchen is full of cake! I'm making birthday cakes for someone at work's twin daughter's 21st birthdays, so I have cake all over the kitchen and templates for the decorating all over my living room. I'm a little nervous, as I've never actually made cakes and sold them before, I've only ever done them for family (or my flatmate). She saw the pics on facebook of one's I've done in the past and asked me if I'd do them for her, and I said yes because she's so lovely and nice. I just hope they come oout right!

Hi, you're welcome to used my diary for inspiration any time :) The main difference between ee and green is that you get 2 healthy B's (and 2 A's if you want them, but I generally only have 1 A). Any meat or fish that you want has to bet weighed and used as a B option. Also you can have cheese as a B as well as an A, so you can have twice as much :) have a scroll through my menus and you'll set what I mean. Your pasta/rice/potatoes are still free, as are all your veggies (including parsnips, peas, beans and sweetcorn). You still have to have 1/3 superfree.

I find green a lot easier to follow and also a lot cheaper. I'm primarily vegetarian, although I eat fish occasionally, so green fits me perfectly, and on days when I fancy fish I either weigh it and count ot as a healthy B or just do the odd ee.

Hope this helps, sorry if I've rambled on a bit!

I lost 1lb this week, and finally got my 2.5 stone sticker! :D Will update ticker, sticker and statistics etc later, but got to finish this cake off now.

Happy girl :) xxx

Back