Wholewheat spaghetti (free)
Bolgnese sauce (free)
30g cheese (HexA)

Snacks
Fruit (free)
Sunbites (6 syns)
2 x Alpen light bars (HexB)

Total: 9 syns

I've just had my breakfast and it was sooo yummy! When I first started SW I had tomatoes on toast nearly every day, and I'd completely forgotten about it until I saw my Mum's boyfriend have some for tea last night. As soon as I saw him eating them I knew that was going to be my breakfast today, and it was gooood! :D

Thanks Jackie :D

I went a bit off plan yesterday and had a mini binge of 4 shortbread fingers with chocolate philadelphia on, 4 squares of white chocolate and a ball of icing. I don't know why I did it, I didn't want to, and as I was stood in the kitchen eating I was asking myself why I was doing it, and didn't have an answer for myself, I just did it anyway. Oh well, today is a new day. So far I've only had breakfast, and got no idea what I want to eat for the rest of the day, so will update later.

I've felt a bit off all day today. I can't put my finger on exactly what's wrong, I just feel totally drained. I have no energy, I feel achy and I keep feeling kind of 'spacy'. I haven't really known what I wanted to eat all day, so food's been a bit random. I'd decided that I was going to have sausages in a roll for breakfast, but then when I got my rolls out the cupboard they' gone mouldy :( so anyway, here's what I've had:

Breakfast
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Bolognese (free)
30g cheese (HexB)

Dinner
BNS chips (free)
75g primula light (HexA)

Snacks
Half a box of grapes (free)
Tin spaghetti (free)
Several gherkins (free)
Slice bread (HexB)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Marmite (free)
Skinny cow ice-cream (4.5 syns)

Total: 8.5 syns

I've got my BNS chips in the oven now, and they smell gorgeous. I didn't really have lunch, but have just been picking at things all day. The bread is in the machine so will be having that later, and the ice-cream will be later too.

I think this is the best weekend diet-wise I've had for a while, in spite of not posting on here! Normally I don't see the boy until Saturday night, as he has his son on Saturdays, but this weekend he didn't have him, so we went for lunch. We went to a chinese restaurant (proper chinese food, not takeaway) and had dim sum (kind of like chinese tapas). So, steamed prawn/scallop dumplings, a prawn spring roll thing, a cuttlefish cake and some noodles. Not 100% SW, but better than it could've been! Apart from that I had 3 crumpets with marmite on when we got back from the pub.

Sunday was the other 3 crumpets with marmite on for breakfast and a roast dinner. I had a salmon fillet, we had roasted parsnips and butternut squash, and some broccoli. I also managed to convince the boy not to use the gallon of oil he normally uses when he does a roast dinner, but just to toss the veg in a little bit of oil in the saucepan and then put it on a tray in the oven. Not as good as frylight, but definitely a lot better than how he normally does it! Also we just boiled the broccoli, where normally he would parboil it and then fry it with garlic (he does this with pretty much all veggies that he doesn't roast. Tastes fab, but not diet friendly!). Also, no choccie with the Sunday night film! :D

So, not a perfect diet weekend, but a big step closer than it normally is, so I'm happy.

Here's the plan for today:

Breakfast
Mug shot (free)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syn)

Lunch
Jacket potato (free)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
75g primula light (HexA)
Tuna (HexB + 2 syns)
Extra light mayo (1 syn)
Gherkins (free)

Dinner
Rice (free)
Sweet potato chilli (free)
30g cheese (HexA)

Snacks
Fruit (free)
Vanilla mullerlight (free)

Total: 5.5 syns

Last edited:
Food plan for today:

Breakfast
Mugshot (free)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)

Lunch
Instant mash (free)
Mushy peas (free)
Gravy (3.5 syns)

Dinner
Peri-peri burger (5 syns)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
SW chips (free)
Mushrooms (free)
30g cheese (HexA)

Snacks
Lots of fruit (free)

Total: 9.5 syns

WIlast night and I lost 0.5lb. Only a widgy loss, but it's in the right direction so I can't complain. My body seems to be in a pattern of a few small losses, and then a big one, so I'm going for a big one this week. My C was saying last night how important it is to make sure you get your 3rd superfree with everything you eat, where I tend to have mine dotted throughout the day rather than with every meal (and actually in all honesty, it's probably not a full 3rd anyway). So I'm going to make a conscious effort to do that. I'm going to start putting SF next to it in my plan too, so I can see that I've got it in, and just an F next to my free food. Also going to up my exercise this week, so will be dusting off the mini-trampoline that's been sat in the corner since we moved in and having a bounce on that for half an hour in a little while, once breakfast has gone down. I'm also going to drink more water, as I've noticed I haven't been drinking enough recently. Normally I drink at least 2 litres of water a day (I keep bottles of it in the fridge, so it's easy to keep track), but recently I only ever really have one bottle and a can of diet coke, so only 830mls, really not enough! Don't know why I've stopped really, it's been hard to make myself drink since it got a bit colder. Anyway, enough waffling, here's today's plan:

Breakfast
Strawberries (SF)
Mugshot (F)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)

Lunch
Melon/grapes (SF)
Speedy tomato soup (F/SF)
30g cheese (HexA)

Dinner
Will probably be out, as going to see The Muppets at 5.40 so will make dinner a funny time. Going to aim for the pub so I can just have a jacket potato and beans, but we'll see. I have pretty much all my syns to play with so if the boy wants to do something different I can work round it. I'll update later with what I have.

Total: 0.5 syn + dinner

Exercise update: I've done half an hour (2x15 min sessions) of jogging on my mini-trampoline. I haven't got any light weights, so did it with a tin of chick peas in each hand to help tone my arms up a bit. Must've looked like a right idiot :rolleyes: I don't care tough, as long as it works!

Also, I've drank 2 bottles of water already today. Off for a shower in a min, then lunch and to crack on with some more work.

Well, dinner after the cinema last night was a curry. I had 2 poppadoms, so that's 8 syns, then Saag Aloo, which is 11 syns, and we shared a garlic rice, so I'll count 1 syn for the amoount of it that I had. I could only eat half mine though, so counting the curry/rice as 6 syns, plus 3 for the little bit of naan bread that I had, so 17 for the whole dinner. Add that to the 0.5 syn for mayo at breakfast yesterday and that's 17.5 for the whole day. I'm ok with that, can easily scrape back a few syns to even it out today.

Here's today's plan:

Breakfast
Leftover curry and rice from last night (6 syns)

Lunch
Speedy tomato soup (SF/F)
Plums (SF)

Dinner
Wholewheat spaghetti (F)
Bolognese sauce (F)
60g cheese (HexA + HexB)
Grapes (SF)

Snacks
2 x Alpen light bars (HexB)

Total: 6 syns

That evens out yesterday's going over :D

I opted to walk to the boy's after dinner last night instead of driving, so obviously had to walk back again this morning. I think it's between a mile and a mile and a half each way. It takes about 20 mins. It doesn't sound much, but normally I'd just drive so it's better than normal. I think today's exercise might be hula-hooping, but it will be later on this afternoon when my flatmate's not here. There's just enough room to do it in our kitchen without hitting anything, but I wouldn't want to do it with her here :giggle:

I guess that works Tilly! :giggle: I'm doing it because it's good for toning the tummy, and that's where I want my last bit of flab to go from! I'm writing this while I do my second 15 minute session with it.

I forgot to get my bolognese out the freezer, so change of plan for dinner. It's going to be roasted BNS, broccoli and cauliflower cheese, so.will still be one HexA and one HexB, so syns for the day are the same.

Today's food plan:

Breakfast
Punnet strawberries (SF)
Mullerlight greek style yogurt (0.5 syn)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Ketchup (1 syn)
2 x Quorn sausages (2 syns)

Lunch
Jacket potato (F)
Low fat spread (2 syns)
Baked beans (F)
30g cheese (HexA)
Plums (SF)

Dinner
Wholewheat spaghetti (F)
Bolognese (F/SF)
30g cheese (HexB)
Grapes (SF)

Total: 6 syns

LinzLinz said:
Hi, what bolognaise sauce are you using that is free? every one that I use is so high in syns :/ x

I make my own, it's really easy. Fry off an onion and some garlic in frylight, add chopped peppers, then quorn mince (you could use extra lean meat mince if you wanted and it's still free), passata (or a tin of chopped tomatoes) and some herbs, salt and pepper, and some chopped mushrooms, and a little water if it needs it. Leave it to simmer until the mushrooms are cooked and it's done. I make batches and freeze them in portions.

I make my own, it's really easy. Fry off an onion and some garlic in frylight, add chopped peppers, then quorn mince (you could use extra lean meat mince if you wanted and it's still free), passata (or a tin of chopped tomatoes) and some herbs, salt and pepper, and some chopped mushrooms, and a little water if it needs it. Leave it to simmer until the mushrooms are cooked and it's done. I make batches and freeze them in portions.

Ah sounds easy enough :D thankyou! X

Ended up going for a curry with the girls last night instead of my spag bol, so dinner was 14 syns, bringing the total to 20 for yesterday. Not worried though, I'm at work today so no roast dinner with the boy. Here's the plan:

Breakfast
Mugshot (F)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Extra light mayo (0.5 syns)
Strawberries (SF)

Lunch
Jacket potato (F)
Baked beans (F)
2 x plums (SF)

Dinner
Wholewheat spaghetti (F)
Bolognese (F/SF)
30g cheese (HexA)
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Low fat spread (2 syns)

Snacks
Strawberries (SF)
Grapes (SF)
Skinny cow ice-cream (4.5 syns)

Total: 7 syns

Last edited:
I've only just got up, so had 'brunch' instead of breakfast and lunch. Also, doing an EE day today. Here's the plan:

Brunch
Wholemeal roll (HexB)
Tuna (F)
Extra light mayo (1.5 syns)
Gherkins (SF)
Walkers baked crisps (5 syns)

Dinner
Lentil & mushroom loaf (HexA)
Mashed potato (free)
Broccoli (SF)
Cauliflower (SF)
Gravy (3.5 syns)