Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

What a miserable day! Although I'm in meetings all day so I suppose I wouldn't have seen much of the sunshine anyway!

So food for today is planned to be:
B - fat free yoghurt, raspberries, blackberries and strawberries topped with All Bran Golden Crunch (HEXB)
L - leftover pasta bake from last night - wholewheat pasta, tomato sauce made with tinned toms, passata and garlic, packed with onions, peppers, aubergine, courgettes, mushrooms and spinach. Served with a side salad.
D - off to the cinema so quick tea required - jacket spud with spice baked beans (tin of beans cooked down a bit with black pepper, chopped mushrooms and a tsp of hot sauce (1syn) and a side salad.
Snacks - banana, popcorn (microwaved at home to ensure syn value! 25g - 5.5syns)

Official weigh in is tomorrow but I was a bit naughty and got on the scales this morning. Really pleased with what they said so I can't resist updating my stats now - 4lbs off in week 1! I'm so pleased! Not sure if I prefer the idea of Tuesday weigh-ins or if I'll revert to Wednesday again next week. I know I need to be consistent but was so worried after the weekend that I just had to jump on this morning!

Have a great day everyone!

So cinema last night (watched Avengers Assemble which was entertaining but not as good as Iron Man!) and got carried away with popcorn so 11syns went on that as I went half and half with the boyfriend! Still under for the day though and only had 2 the day before, so I think it's all good!

Still feeling ecstatic about my first week loss! It's great to know that the hard work is paying off!

I'm struggling with lunches at the moment - I'm all salad'd out! I have a microwave at work but not a toaster...need to search the forum for some new ideas! Haven't brought anything in with me today as nothing suitable in the fridge so will have to pop to Waitrose for something suitably filling and syn free!

B - fat free yoghurt with strawberries, raspberries and blackberries (this diet is costing me a fortune in fruit!!)
L - Roast chicken MugShot with 1 pack fridge raiders (2.5syns) and carrot and pepper batons
D - omelette with peppers, mushrooms, spinach and smoked salmon with cheese on top (HEXA)
Snacks - Alpen light x 2 (HEXB), banana, 1 pink wafer (2syns)

Last edited:
Still not sure what to have for lunch! Thinking of popping to Tesco to get a MugShot - haven't tried one before but lots of chat about them on here so hoping that, along with some crunchy veggies (carrot sticks and peppers) will see me through the afternoon!

About to try my first MugShot. I'm not normally a fan of 'instant' type things but it's tasting OK so far! Went for the Roast Chicken as that's zero syns! Also got carrot sticks, strips of red pepper and some Mattessons Fridge Raiders (2.5syns). Bit of a random mix but I'm starving today!

Another step closer to the weekend! Hurrah!

So my Thursday is shaping up as follows:

B - fat free yoghurt with strawberries and raspberries and 13g All Bran Golden Crunch (1/2 HEXB)
L - thai mug shot (1/2 Syn) with spinach and carrot sticks
D - chicken breast stuffed with Babybel light (HEXA) and bacon (done in fry light, of course!) with carrot and swede mash and broccoli
Snacks - Big yummy tub of fresh pineapple on my desk and Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEXB)

Going to a 40th party on Saturday night (theme is Hollywood Glamour - can't wait!!) and am contemplating a mid-week weigh in on Saturday morning! Not sure if it's a good idea though! What do we think...?

Also I've taken the plunge and ordered 30 Day Shred on DVD! I think I might be mad but I'm hoping to start it on Monday and do it for the 4 weeks before my work trip to South Africa. Would be fab to go out there and introduce myself to the whole SA operation feeling fabulous!

Another step closer to the weekend! Hurrah!

So my Thursday is shaping up as follows:

B - fat free yoghurt with strawberries and raspberries and 13g All Bran Golden Crunch (1/2 HEXB)
L - thai mug shot (1/2 Syn) with spinach and carrot sticks
D - chicken breast stuffed with Babybel light (HEXA) and bacon (done in fry light, of course!) with carrot and swede mash and broccoli
Snacks - Big yummy tub of fresh pineapple on my desk and Alpen Light Bar (1/2 HEXB)

Going to a 40th party on Saturday night (theme is Hollywood Glamour - can't wait!!) and am contemplating a mid-week weigh in on Saturday morning! Not sure if it's a good idea though! What do we think...?

Also I've taken the plunge and ordered 30 Day Shred on DVD! I think I might be mad but I'm hoping to start it on Monday and do it for the 4 weeks before my work trip to South Africa. Would be fab to go out there and introduce myself to the whole SA operation feeling fabulous!

Seems like you're doing really great so well done, my target is 2 (ideally 3 though!) stone by 8th September but I started the week before Easter - big mistake!!!! We went out for a huge family meal and I had to sit there with my dry roast dinner and no pudding whilst everyone else ate these amazing Eton Mess' and cheesecake and ice cream but it was a great test to myself I think.

I eat mugshots as quick fix lunch but I don't really like them that much, I seem to find myself eating salad every day at work and I'm not bored yet but I think I could be soon, or sometimes I make extra dinner so I can have the leftovers for the next days lunch.

I cut out my syns for the first 2 weeks and I still lost 7lb's but then the next 2 weeks were slower when I introduced them back in. I go for around 10/11 a day now but sometimes the full 15 if i'm being a bit naughty with a take-away. I don't drink but I cannot live without chocolate!

The options are great for a choccie fix, I use half of a hexa milk serving and it's yummy!

I only follow green days but if you want any advice I should be able to help - third time lucky!!

PS. I officially weigh in on Monday mornings (at home as no class) but I do sneek a peek through the week often. Some say don't and others say do so I guess it depends how you feel but I go up and down by a good few lb's during the week and during each day so I wouldn't take the reading too seriously until your proper day :eek:)

Morning Cazran,

Starting the week before Easter definitely sounded tough! I went out for a family meal last weekend (during my first week!) which was tricky but I made the best choices I could from the menu and it didn't seem to do me much damage. Going to a 40th this weekend so have been trying to go easy on Syns so I can have a couple of glasses of wine without messing everything up!

I've done salad most days at work but I have to say I've got bored already! I definitely need to find more things to alternate it with, I reckon. And get some different yummy fat free dressings too. I tried a MugShot for the first time yesterday - I don't normally like dried packet stuff but it was actually ok. They were 2 for £1 in Tesco so I'm having one to day with some spinach I had left in the fridge stirred through as part of my 1/3 super free.

I did start off intending to do Red/Green but some days I've been doing EE. Whatever day it is, I've been making sure I have 1/3 super free with every meal so hopefully it'll keep working!

No Syns for 2 weeks must have been tricky! Although I'm still finding Muller Light with strawberries feels like a treat. I always like to feel like I've had a bit of a pudding!

I think curiosity will get the better of me on Saturday morning! Hopefully it'll be a positive result and that'll spur me on to be extra good and the party and not give in to naughty puddings etc.!

I'd ideally like to lose 3 in the end too! But I'm thinking 2 is a realistic goal for my holiday in mid-September. If I get 3 off, I'll be lighter than I ever remember being, which would just be amazing! I'm thinking I can do 3 by Christmas. This is hopefully turning into a real mindshift change, so in the future I'll make better choices and keep the weight off for good. I lost 2 2/12 stone on SlimFast when I was 21 (got down to 10st) and it's taken me 7 years to put it all back on again so that's not bad! I settled at 11 for a long time, which was fairly comfortable. The last year has been killer though as I met my OH and we've been eating far too much food at lovely restaurants and drinking way, way, way too much red wine!

xx

Yeah I hear you on that one, combination of taking an office job, meeting OH, giving up smoking and having money to spend on nice food started my 3 stone gain in 2007. Lost 2.5 st in 2008 but put it back on then lost a stone last year but It's back again!

I'm a stress eater and had a few set backs these last 6 months which has made me the biggest I've ever been.

Getting married in September and then we want to start a family asap so the more I shift the better so I can scoff my face when I'm pregnant lol!

Good luck to you hun xxx

Salads do get boring, i have them most days, but i mix in some cold fried rice or pasta salad on some days just for a change.

Try and keep of the scales if you can, i'm a serial weigher, just can't break the habit even though it gets to me if it shows a gain and I know by weigh in day I will weigh different again.

Aww congratulations Caz! I can see why September is such an important target now!

I think my OH is saving for a diamond so I'm hoping o get the weight off now! Lol.

Fingers crossed we'll both be feeling fab by September!

Ooh adding fried rice to a salad sounds like a good plan! Definitely going to try that!

xx

Just had I post about how yummy my SW dinner was! Feeling very full and happy right now despite being rather sniffly with OH's man flu!

Chicken breast stuffed with a Babybel Light and some crispy bacon (3syns) sealed in fry light and baked in the oven for 25 mins. Served with steamed spring greens and broccoli plus carrot and swede mash. Followed by a frozen muiller light 'lolly' with pineapple and strawberries.

On nom nom!

Woken up feeling full of cold today so definitely going to be working from home. I normally comfort eat when I'm poorly so it's lucky I've got a house full of super free food to keep me going!

B - scrambled eggs and smoked salmon with mushrooms
L - leftovers from last night - chicken, carrot and swede mash, broccoli
D - homemade cheeseburgers (babybel light in the middle! Hexa) with a 60g wholemeal roll (hexb) served some SW chips, spring greens (random but they need using up! And roasted tomatoes and mushrooms.
Snacks - muller light, mango, banana and probably 2 pink wafers (4syns)

Going away for the weekend for a friend's 40th so need to get better pronto! It's crazy that I've never eaten so much fruit and veg in my life and I've still got a cold. Rubbish!

Last edited:
I know the feeling, I was off work Monday and Tuesday with a rotten cold and I still feel rubbish now!! Hope you feel better soon xx

Lovely sunny day in Eastbourne! And have managed to stay on plan so far too:

B - ff yoghurt with fresh mango
L - made my OH traipse round loads of places on the seafront for stuff I could have as we've got a sit down dinner at this party tonight and wanted to save syns for that! Ended up having a picnic on the beach! Salad leaves, cherry toms, prawns and fridge raiders (2.5 syns) followed by strawberries
D - who knows as I haven't seen the menu yet but will be as good as poss!! Wish me luck!

Hmm mixed fortunes at dinner! Sharing plate for starter so had 3 cubes of feta as my hexa plus some carrot sticks, pepper strips and cucumber plus a teaspoon of taramasalata and a tiny slice of sun dried tomato French bread to start. For mains it was a carvery which was great as I had 2 slices of turkey with no skin with carrot and swede mash and steamed veg. Had 1/2 a small slice of cake for pud. Resisted the cheese board completely! Has some booze syns too though! 2 x gin & cranberry, 2 x white wine and 2 x red wine. But it was one of my best friend's 40th so I'm writing it off as a fan night and cracking on again in the morning!

Night all! x

Well done for sticking to plan! We had an Indian but I had dry lamb tikka with pilau rice and salad. Barely any syns at all but still felt like I was "joining in" lol. Glad you had a lovely time xx

Good work, Caz! Indian sounds yummy!

Been on plan again this morning - lovely breakfast at the B&B we stayed in - the chaps who ran it were so good at grilling everything for me!

Bacon (all fat removed!), grilled tomatoes, mushrooms, baked beans and a poached egg with 1/2 slice wholemeal toast with the tiniest smudge of butter (1 syn)! Then a banana. Treated myself to a little glass of apple juice (4 syns)

Stopped off and did a big Aldi shop on the way home. The fridge is PACKED with super free!

Still feeling like death though so don't think I'm going to be starting my 30DS tomorrow. Damn the OH for giving me his man flu :( Although he's doing a very good job of looking after me...

Back