Sarah's Target & 10K Mission

Just had yummy dinner - jacket spud with beans (with added mushrooms and red onion) with hexa cheese on top and a big side salad. Definitely feel better for that!

Perfect Sunday comfort food!

Just snacked on a muller light with strawberries followed by 2 pink wafers (4 syns) whilst watching the new Sherlock Holmes film :)

Still feeling poorly today so the start of 30DS might have to be delayed a bit. Really disappointed about that but I'm so stuffed up with cold I can't breathe normally so no idea what I'd be like exercising! Wish I could crack on though - I jumped on the scales on Saturday morning for a mid-week weigh in (bit naughty, I know...) and it showed another 4lbs off. I was absolutely delighted as I'd been trying really hard. Had a bit of a synful evening on Saturday with a couple of wines and a couple of gins, but I'd been way under my syns all week so I was hoping I wouldn't pay for it too much, but the scales today show me STS as last week. Really hoping something will change by Wednesday morning!!

Aaaanyway...I've dragged myself back into the office today as I've got a big strategy meeting this afternoon so the plan continues:

B - FF yoghurt with strawberries and raspberries with a sprinkle of All Bran Golden Crunch (1/2 HEXB)
L - Thai style mug shot (1/2 syn) with wilted spinach stirred in with carrot and pepper sticks on the side
D - Some sort of pork stir fry TBC! There are pork escalopes in the fridge plus spring greens, peppers, mushrooms, carrots and spring onions. Sure we can rustle something up from that little lot!
Snacks - banana, Alpen Light bar (1/2 HEXB)

Wow 4lb, that would be brilliant!

I lost 3.5lb this week which I'm really pleased with after STS last week, I seem to follow a pattern of losing 3lb then STS then 3lb off etc but as long as it's going in the right direction, it's all good!

7 weeks today I have been on plan and I feel great for it, not been "off the rails" once although I do feel a KFC coming on Thursday after OH sits his last CIMA exam.....

I tried the 30DS but I have an old knee injury that flared back up after day 3 so I was told by my consultant if I wanted to walk down the aisle (rather than limp) I should stop it until my knee is stronger - booooo! Have been doing the Colleen Rooney one instead as she has sections that do specific areas like my arms and abs which I'm allowed to do.

I had a horrible cold last week which I got from work, felt minging but I didn't raid my hidden chocolate stash so very proud of myself! Lol

Glad you had a nice time at the party and you're doing brilliantly! xx

You've done really well in the 7 weeks! Really hoping I can achieve those kinds of numbers too.

There's nothing wrong with a treat, I don't think - especially on a special occasion like that! Say well done to him! :) I keep hearing about the SW recipe for KFC type chicken - think I need to give that a go! Want to try the 3.5 syn brownies too!

I'm definitely finding SW easier to stick to than anything else I've ever tried, because I haven't had chance to get bored. It's great that OH and I can eat the same meals (and without him being starving!) and I can have the odd biscuit (2 syn pink wafers are my friend!) with my cup of tea etc without feeling guilty! I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life - I'm still amazed that it works!

xx

I did WW for a few days but found the range of foods I could have just too much and I just ate crap. My step dad lost about 6 stone on it but It's always been SW for me.

Hope all goes well for your weigh in, because I do mine on my own at home it can be a bit deflating sometimes having nobody to talk to about it which is why I love this site too much.

Looking forward to my KFC, nom nom xxx

Om nom nom!

Yummy stir fry with noodles tonight (4 syn sauce). Watched a movie and now enjoying a cup of tea with 3 pink wafers (6 syns) so that's 10.5 syns today.

Be interesting to see how using more syns works out for me!

I think I've used 15 maybe twice but 10 does seem to be the number I hover around which I will cut down to 5 nearer target I guess.

I prefer to have a few low syn treats rather than 1 high syn item. Pink wafers and pink & whites are perfect for that, can spread it out over the day that way :)

Yep, me too! Although I don't feel the need for a 3pm snack at work like I used to. Think the food i'm lunching on now controls my blood sugar levels better.

Not much time this morning so straight on with the food!

B - muller light with raspberries and strawberries topped with 13g All Bran Golden Crunch (1/2 hexb)
L - leftover stir fry (3 syns)
D - Harvester with a friend. Grilled chicken breast with jacket potato minus sour cream with lots of salad. Sauce of some description on the side (3 syns ish!)
Snacks - banana, alpen light (1/2 hexb)

So I got up late this morning but still found time to bounce onto the scales! Well, more step than bounce - wouldn't want to break them! ;) I've decided to move to Tuesday weigh-in as I'm finding Wednesday is too long to wait after the weekend! Going to try and only get on the scales twice a week too - will allow myself Tuesday and Saturday only! OH will be in charge of the scales so I can't cheat!

So happy to have first half stone off! Going to start Shred tomorrow - hoping it won't stop the losses! Although if it does but makes me lose inches, then so be it. Not so fussed about the scales as long as I'm losing jiggle factor!!

Poorly friend so change of plan tonight - local pub with OH instead! Sitting outside in the sunshine is beyond lush! Pint of water instead of cider and just ordered Cajun chicken salad with dressing on the side.

Dinner was yummy! No dressing needed in salad so I'm just allowing a syn which I think was on the chicken before it was grilled. Perfect!

Just treating myself to a cuppa and a caramel bunny (5 syns) first chocolate in 2 weeks and god is it gooooood!! :)

Ooh I've been meaning to buy done mini milks! Must put those on the tesco list for tonight!

Think the cupboards are starting to get a bit low on super free so having to think about today's menu!

B - muller light with 1/2 hex b of golden crunch followed by some fresh mango
L - mug shot with spinach and carrot sticks
D - lamb fillet with mustard mash (3 syns), asparagus and runner beans
Snacks - banana, alpen light bar, pink wafers (4 syns), Fridge Raiders (2.5 syns)

Need to incorporate a few more syns today too - will ponder that while I'm getting ready for work.

Day 1 of shred today! Here's hoping I'm not crippled by tonight!!

Last edited:
Not sure if you have one near you but they are half price in Sainsburys at the moment - so yummy for only 1.5 syns! Good luck with the shred hun xx

Thanks chick! I'm already feeling it so a bit worried about tomorrow already! I think from what I've read from other people online, you've just got to power through! Like she says - you don't get results for free!

xx

Think you'll feel worse before you feel better - stairs were a killer for a few days and they do they that initially you might not lose any weight as you retain water more - I STS the first week and I was guuted but it soon comes off and you'll notice the inches more.

I'm wearing a skirt today that I bought about 10 months ago and I can finally do it up! Wooooo! Lol

Wow! How exciting! There are definitely some items in my wardrobe I'm looking forward to getting into! And buying new stuff too! Have got a big black tie work do in July so hopefully I'll be buying a slightly smaller dress than I would have done otherwise! x

Back