SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Nah you got away with that one... only just ;):D. It was all the talk of exercise I found it quite exhausting! :eek:
This is such a great forum. You can live vocariously through so many people - Lelly and Greeneyes are the domestic goddesses and Serena exercises. It all balances out nicely and the best bit is, you can just sit on your arse and watch :) haha

This is such a great forum. You can live vocariously through so many people - Lelly and Greeneyes are the domestic goddesses and Serena exercises. It all balances out nicely and the best bit is, you can just sit on your arse and watch :) haha

PMSL :D I'm glad you're on here...I feel more organised already :p

Brillopads.... so form an orderly queue... who can I watch do my cleaning??

x

Have just got back from dinner at the MILs - she's a good cook so feeling rather full now! Had a protein shake for breakfast and a salad for lunch so today has been okay overall.

I started reading back late last night over some of my earlier diary entries and it was a bit like an outer body experience - I don't feel like that person at all, despite all the whingeing I could see a determination in there. Just need to find that again...it's gotta be in there somewhere.

Thought for the day:

"Go for it."

Thanks everyone :)

Had a good day today, wobbled slightly during the afternoon but told my food demons to shove off which they promptly did :D

Do you think you could shout at mine too please?

Hahahah I've just seen the ad at the bottom of this page which reads "Transform your body from dull to dynamic"...charming!! Now if they had a magic bullet that would transform my brain from bingey to normal then I might be interested. :D

Oh me too! Bring it on.

On the cleaning thing.....my job involves going to see people in their homes and as an interested 'people watcher' this is fascinating to me. The differences (and the heart sinking similarities) are amazing. Do you remember that cliche'd saying that did the rounds, something like, ' boring women have clean houses'? Well...... after a long time observing, there's an element of truth in this.
Now don't get me wrong, I like a clean kitchen and bathroom, but living on a small farm with a big family it would be an ongoing battle and I'd turn into a screaming harridan in minutes if I started getting picky.
I've met some really interesting people in some houses you'd consider wearing wellies to go in to. The ones that make my heart sink, are those whose houses are immaculate and then they apologise for the 'mess' !? - I know I'm in for a boring interview!!

Where are you Serena? Hope all is good with you. Hugs.

xxx

How are you getting on hun?
We all need you on here - such a big inspiration xx

The ones that make my heart sink, are those whose houses are immaculate and then they apologise for the 'mess' !? - I know I'm in for a boring interview!!

Lol love it - so true :D

Hey Serena..
Hope all ok with you hon.............
Sounds like your doing great xxx

Where are you Serena? Hope all is good with you. Hugs.

xxx

How are you getting on hun?
We all need you on here - such a big inspiration xx

Thanks all xx

Just been having a catch-up on the threads - it's a thought-provoking hive of activity as usual.

I was having problems with my internet connection at the weekend - that coupled with decorating my bathroom meant I didn't get time to get it sorted. I missed my daily Minimins fix!

I didn't make the best food choices at the weekend - you know what it's like when you're decorating and covered in paint, a takeaway is so much easier...okay I'm making excuses (slightly) but didn't go as mad as I could have done and back on track today.

Went for a jog this evening and feel slightly worried as I incorporated a couple of gentle inclines into my route and boy did my legs hurt....it's only 6 weeks to the 10k race and I'm really not sure I can do this as the route is quite hilly?? Oh well I'll give it my best shot, that's all I can do.

Thought for the day:

"Happiness is a result of a decision to be happy."

Thanks for that, I will have a read through. I have a couple of killer hills near me so plenty to get practising on! BTW I'm following that Hal Higdon plan, seems pretty good so far so thanks again!

Pleased to hear the plan is working for you. They are very well balanced plans.

I'm jealous you have hills. Where I live is a flat as a pancake, though were I used to live (before housemate's psycho gf moved in) had quite a few hills in a big park. I miss that. Also have to run more on cement here which doesn't feel as good either.

hey hunny, just popping in to say hi,:) still catching up on a everyones' diaries, you are so focused with the exercise...yay you! you wear me out!

have a fab day hun!

xx

Hey Serena,
Well done hon on your running...... sounds like your doing great..
Can I ask you a question if you have reached your goal which I know you did sometime ago.. and you were feeling bad about the takeaway do you let yourself have these things at this stage or do you still feel bad about having them.. I just was thinking about what I was going to do after etc..
Hope you dont mind me asking you hon xxx

Hey Serena,
Well done hon on your running...... sounds like your doing great..
Can I ask you a question if you have reached your goal which I know you did sometime ago.. and you were feeling bad about the takeaway do you let yourself have these things at this stage or do you still feel bad about having them.. I just was thinking about what I was going to do after etc..
Hope you dont mind me asking you hon xxx

No probs hun. Personally I don't feel good or bad after specific foods as such, just that it's much easier to keep going with junk food until feeling absolutely stuffed than it is with healthier food if that makes sense? So I don't feel bad because of what I've fed my body because a normal sized portion of takeaway now and again won't do any damage in itself. It's the fact that it triggers me to want to keep on going...and going...kinda like I want to make the most of being "bad" before having to wipe the slate clean again the next day.

I suppose we can only develop strategies for ourselves depending on what our own triggers/consequences are.

Good luck with the running Serena, stick with those hills and you will be fine! A few weeks ago myself and hubby were decorating at my parents house and i know exactly what you mean about eating going sightly off plan.....my theory was that the brush strokes vs biscuits cancelled each other out lol! Glad you are well xx

This is totally like me!!
And me! It's the addictive desire at its worst. I loved the book in Eating Less where Gillian said you can feel that addictive desire before, in the middle or even after a meal. Makes perfect sense.

Back