SA's 810 and beyond diary a.k.a My daily kick up my own behind ;-)

Serena a big thank you for popping into my diary frequently xxx.

Wow I must admit that with all this action you are doing I am exhuasted just reading about it. You have done some good prep for this run so dont be worried. Worst case you run and walk?? I know you will do fine. New shoes might be in order to break in before the jog maybe???

Bren
X

A few weeks ago myself and hubby were decorating at my parents house and i know exactly what you mean about eating going sightly off plan.....my theory was that the brush strokes vs biscuits cancelled each other out lol!

I'm sure that theory must be true cos that's exactly how I saw it ;) :D

SerenaA said:
...kinda like I want to make the most of being "bad" before having to wipe the slate clean again the next day
This is totally like me!!

And me! It's the addictive desire at its worst. I loved the book in Eating Less where Gillian said you can feel that addictive desire before, in the middle or even after a meal. Makes perfect sense.

Scary how many of us it affects - I wonder of we were never told that takeways etc are "bad" whether they'd lose their appeal a little? For instance I looove fresh cherries, could eat them all day, but never feel compelled to overeat them.

New shoes might be in order to break in before the jog maybe???

Thanks Bren, funnily enough I'm hoping to go shopping this weekend to get myself fitted for a proper pair of running shoes having read on various forums that it can make a huge difference to how much your legs ache (or not) wwhilst running. blimey I feel tired as well now thinking about it!

Had a good day yesterday, just didn't get a chance to post last night. Did an aerobics workout on the Sky fit channel, had dinner then watched a re-run on ITV2 about the world's best diet which was Z-list celebs trying to follow the nation diet of a healthier country such as Japan, Italy etc. I didn't think much of the programme overall (eat less, move more, blah blah) but one particular quote from some skinny woman in LA really stuck out for me -

"You can't live without food so you have to learn to live with it."

So blindingly obvious but it really hit a nerve. Will do my best to bear that in mind...

Another day done without mindless overeating thank goodness. Blimey that's bad isn't it - three bloody days without going mental with my food either way (i.e. bingeing/starving) and I feel like that's some kind of achievement :rolleyes:

Did some resistance exercises tonight so my arms are a little sore at the moment - how on earth will I have the strength to be able to lift a biccie to my gob now?! :D Ah well I'll just have to do without ;)

Thought for the day:

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results."

I have trapped a nerve in my right shoulder somehow and have a very painful arm and shoulder area. Perfect for not being able to put bicci to mouth!! Using my left hand isn't the same.....hmmm!
Onwards and upwards Serena xx

...Did some resistance exercises tonight so my arms are a little sore at the moment - how on earth will I have the strength to be able to lift a biccie to my gob now?! :D Ah well I'll just have to do without ;)...

I have trapped a nerve in my right shoulder somehow and have a very painful arm and shoulder area. Perfect for not being able to put bicci to mouth!! Using my left hand isn't the same.....hmmm!

you guys are making laugh this morning!! ha ha brilliant!

Have a another fabby day hunnies!!

xx

Another day done without mindless overeating thank goodness. Blimey that's bad isn't it - three bloody days without going mental with my food either way (i.e. bingeing/starving) and I feel like that's some kind of achievement :rolleyes:

Did some resistance exercises tonight so my arms are a little sore at the moment - how on earth will I have the strength to be able to lift a biccie to my gob now?! :D Ah well I'll just have to do without ;)

Thought for the day:

"Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you'll start having positive results."

So glad to hear you are still on track. Great quote too.

Lol :D Not so lol about your trapped nerve though - hope it gets better soon x

you guys are making laugh this morning!! ha ha brilliant!

Have a another fabby day hunnies!!

xx

Thanks - hope you had a good one!

So glad to hear you are still on track. Great quote too.

Thank you xx

Oww-owwww-ouch! Did my first hill run this evening, and by that I mean a proper steep hill that went on and on forever (ok, 400 metres :rolleyes:). Came back looking like a beetroot that had just jumped into a swimming pool (artist's impression of my face -> :mad:) .

What on earth possessed me to think I can do this? Never mind - one good thing is that it gave me the strength to turn down the offer of an all-you-can-eat curry buffet this evening (always reminds me of Bridget Jones when I think of curry buffets).

Thank goodness it's nearly the weekend.

Thought for the day:

"Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are."

I hope you took it slowly or this will be an artist's imitation of my face :flamingmad: and then your butt (looks it's yellow again) :whoopass:

Of course you may also get :character00264: and then we'll both be :sad0071: because you won't be able to run your 10k in six? weeks!

Lol at your post Laura - smiley-tastic!!

I went rather slow up the hill, just wanted to concentrate on getting up there without stopping rather than worrying about my speed.

Thanks for giving me an idea as to how to get out of doing this blooming run now :happy036: :D

Hey Serena more great quotes both of them! xx

You will do fine in 6 weeks hun. Slow and steady and just do what you do and keep up the training. Remember your goal isn't to make a record time but to just job the 10k yeah? So you will and are doing brilliant.

xx

Today is my first Friday in about 2 months where I've not gone off on one with my food - yay. Helps that we have lots of yummy runner beans in the garden now so I'm more inclined to cook a proper meal rather than grab a load of rubbish. Did a cardio combat workout this evening which was fun.

I'm honestly not sure how this weekend will go, we're having floor tiles put down in the kitchen so I won't be able to go in there and cook/prepare anything - it's times like this that I wish I was back on the spacefood!

Thought for the day:

"Positive thinking is your key to success."

I'm hoping to start cd 1000.I have about 10lbs to lose. Can anyone give any feedback about running.Will I have enough energy to run around 5k?:confused:

Well done on your run up the hill Serena.... I am sure you will be fine in 6 weeks time, you will be surprised how much easier it gets in that time. Well done on your good eating Friday too.... woohoo!!!

Come back lovely Serena... we miss you!

xxx

Hi Serena, just dropping by to say hello and I see you are still running... Well done hun!

Bren
x

Back