~Sass's Food Diary~

I love fruit, that may have started my carb creep, desserts of berry fruit, sugar free jelly & cream.

it's very possible wrinkly.

Oh i agree Laura, it's the high sugar content in Colleen's diet that worries me love. That and the super strength coffee she likes.

Mmmm coffeeeeee... :)

I was never much of a fan of fruit but i did get the odd banana craving every now n then but could never eat a full bunch before they went too far gone and i like em just past green. I did used to like fruit juice though, orange juice, mango.. Those innocent smoothies too when they were on offer. I used to like a drink of those for breakfast but after atkins they will certainly need to be a treat like laura says. Not much of a fruit fan otherwise, apples, oranges n the like didn't do it for me. I'd rather have a huge plate of vegs :)

Looks like your going to be perfect on maint then Claire.

Oh yes, going into maint is scary Claire, there is a maint forum that makes good reading.

Afternoon All - woohooo i picked myself up some strawberry's and i got some cream so i am a very happy bunny or at least i will be once i have them for my pudding. Thanks all for the advice re fruit xxx

ow i forgot i had my wi today, iv had such a busy day i forgot about it lol anywayz i lost 1lb this week which i'm more than happy with due to my mess up last week with the bun and the cashews and its still totm. I was in fact expecting to have gained lol

B - Some Slices of chicken - 0
creamy coffee - 1

Snacks
2 x perperami - 0.6
2 x babybells - 0
2 x sugar free sweets from H&B -
Atkins bar - 1.8
D - chicken breast - 0
caesar salad - 10
dressing - 2

Pudding
Strawberry's & cream

Total - 20.8g
( hmmm not sure if i should have my pudding now seems as my carbs without them are 20,8g)

My food today was total rubbish as i have had a busy day out, running here n there so i was only able eat on the run hence the amount of snacks i have had.

I cant wait for a decent dinner now though but right now i'm to tired to even cook.

Thanks wrinkly, sadly there is no rest for the wicked and i have a huge list of household chores to be doing, done some tonight but got lots to do tomorrow and still more helping my parents out with decorating their new house grrrrr why do i always offer my help when i have a million things of my own to do lol

Hiya claire - well tbh i was think wow thats a crazy amount of carbs in just one sweet but on the back of my pack which is the sula caramel cream sweets it says:

cals 10
protien 0
carbs 2.7
sugars 0
polyols 2.7

So is the carbs polyols which makes them 0 carbs ? god im such a carb counting newbie :D

I did a ketosis check this morning as i hadn't done one for a few days and i'm only just in but i'm really not sure why. I have not gone over carbs to much, one day i did go up to 25g's but surely that's not enough to take me out of deep ketosis. also i did read somewhere that its best to test in the evening so i will try it tonight and see what it reads then.

B - 2 eggs - 0
2 sausages - 0.4
Mushrooms - 1.4
1 - bacon - 0

L - crustless quiche - 4
D - 1 cup of spring greens - 5
1 cup broccoli - 5
lamb steaks - 0

Total - 15.8g

Sass, forgive me diving in, what do you mean though by deep ketosis? You are either in, or not in, there is no such thing as 'just' or 'deep', if you are referring to the colour on the sticks, the pale or darker colour relates to dehydration rather than deep ketosis. Hope that helps!

Hi annamaria,

Hehe feel free to dive in hun, i'm really still finding my way through this diet with some blind spots here n there so any advice is greatly received.

when i got my sticks from my cdc she said that the colour represents the level of ketosis but really i should only want to be in the 2 to 3rd colour bracket but sometimes on this diet i can go to the darkest purple but i always drink 3ltrs of water a day, my water intake is always the same but my colour on the sticks can vary so i assumed this was due to some other factor.

This morning on the test i wasn't the first colour = ( not in ketosis ) But i was the second colour which is only a slight colour change. I did that test first thing in the morning so no water to dilute, so if water does affect the test then surly as the day goes on i wont show ketosis at all ( no point me testing later).

It was also the colour i was referring to by 'deep' and 'just'. When i say deep i mean deep purple and just as i'm a slight colour change, my bad wording sorry :D

Morning hun, AM is right in what she's saying. Chances are bcos you tested first thing in the morning you'll have been using up the ketones and burning fat throughout the night whilst there's been no food to burn. Therefore there will be less ketones that show on the stick as you've used more so that there are less being excreted. When i test after going to the gym i will barely register at all on the sticks yet after having hardly anything to eat before going i must still be in ketosis yet after drinking all the water n sweating out the ketones they don't show as much on the sticks. Therefore it should possibly be darker later in the day as you'll have eaten so the body will be burning the food as well as the ketones so some will flow over and be excreted when you go the loo.. Hope that makes sense?

With regards the sugar free sweets hun. You minus the polyols which are the sweetners used in place of the sugar from the total carbs in much the same way as you'd need to do for fibre when using american labels to give you the net carbs which in this case would be 2.7 - 2.7 in polyols (which don't count) = 0 net carbs :)

Back