~Sass's Food Diary~

Wahey, we're back onto my favourite topic - SOSSIES!

I think Tesco are the only supermarket not to do a decent low carb sausage!

Not own brand, no, but they do stock The Black Farmer brand which are my low carb sossies of choice. I've also seen them in Somerfield and the BF website says they're also stocked in Sainsbury's and soon to be in Asda too. The Premium Pork ones are 1g carb per 100g (per 1.5 sausages). Premium Pork

Tesco also stock Debbie & Andrews brand 97% pork sausages. These seem to have absolutely no added dextrose or rusk/breadcrumbs, and are a pretty impressive 0.2g per 100g. But... I just didn't get on with the texture. This may sound weird, but it was just too meaty. For me, a sausage has to be more juicy inside and less... compacted. Er, well it's kind of hard to describe but at 0.2g per 100 it's probably worth finding out if you disagree with me! http://www.debbieandandrews.co.uk/

I never thought I'd find myself having such an in depth discussion of sausages!
:rolleyes:

We had a sossy thread once. LOL

You can't have too many sossy threads...

I forgot to say, I sometimes have that Mattesons smoked sausage sliced, fried up and then assemble an omelette around it. I reckon it would be smashing in a crustless quiche.

I eat it as it comes, remember, you must look for the original, the lite variety is full of sugars

Image001-4.jpg

Sossy's :D Thanks to everyone who helped me out with them. I went for the Debbie & Andrews ones from tesco in the end. I can see what you mean about the texture LM though they were yummy but i'm not to sure about the price, at £2.50 for 6 its abit expensive but nice for a treat/change.

B - broccoli quiche - 3
L - grill up - 3.4
with yummy sossy's :D
D - King prawn Stir fry - 2
1 cup of spinach - 3
1/2 cup bean sprouts - ?
1/2 cup curly kale - 3.6
1 spring onion - 1.5

Total - 16.5g

I might treat myself to one of these later, they sound yummylicous !!! Has anyone tried putting vanila into the mix ? My OH also got me ground flax, is this okay ?
Muffin in a Minute

allowed on Induction

Serving Size: 1

1/4 cup flax meal (8.09 total carbs, 7.6 fiber)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (0.64 net carbs)
1 packet splenda packet (0.9 net carbs)
1 teaspoon cinnamon (1.84 total carbs, 1.2 fiber)
1 large egg (0.6 net carbs)
1 teaspoon butter

(total carbs is 12.07, fiber is 8.8; net carbs is 3.27)

Put the dry ingredients in a coffee mug.

Stir.

Then add the egg and the butter. Mix.

Microwave 1 minute (or more). Take out. slice, butter, eat.

Hayley, do you have a Lidl near you? The Milton gate range of sausages are nice and low carb, cheap as well

Image002-3.jpg

Image001_3.jpg

Image000_1.jpg

B - Few Slice's cucumber - 2
Cream cheese - 1
Creamy coffee - 1

L - cheese Omelette - 2
Bacon - 0

D - 1 cup savoy cabbage - 5
1 cup broccoli - 5
1 mushroom - 1.4
2 swis cheese melted ontop of veg - 2
Pork Chop - 0

Pudding
Flax muffin + cream - 5

Snacks
2 x pork scratchings - 0.6

Opppps !!!
Total - 25g

Thanks for the pic jim, i do have a Lidl near me but its a 45min bus ride as i dont drive :( Maybe i will take a ride over there and stock up, i should be able to freeze them so a once in a while trip is possible.

I do however have an Aldi just a 15min walk away so i dont suppose you have every managed to find a low carb sossy in there have you jim ?

Seems as i'm thinking of staying on the 20g carb induction allowance for a while ( now that i know you can ). I was wondering if its possible for me to carry on with this stage but add in some fruit such as strawberry's and anything else thats low in carbs ? I'm really craving strawberry's and cream.

Hayley, hun that's what i've been doing for a couple weeks now. I just make sure i'm still getting the required amounts of vegs n then add in the strawberries/raspberries to the carb allowance, still usually staying within the 20g allowance, though sometimes a little over. I'm addicted to them now! They taste soooo sweet after cutting out the sugar! Yummy.. Strawberries are 6g per 100g, raspberries slightly under that i think..

I'm not always the best person to follow though hun, the results last week spoke for themselves! But i too craved them as they were in season n had good offers on.. After 3 months of cd they were lush! Now i'm addicted..

If you do decide to go for fruit, make sure you stick to berries hun :) I just have strawberries n raspberries :) Good dollop of extra thick cream on top n ya sorted :)

That's the nice thing about maint, I don't post it usually but I am eating apples and pears and the odd orange as well as my berries.

Funnily enough I never did eat much fruit at all prior to Atkins Laura, eating the berries during induction got me hooked and now I love my fruit.

I do worry about Colleen sometimes, I mean not weight wise as she is skinny. But her diet is full of carbs, OK mainly good ones i suppose from being a fruit bat as I call her, but she drinks loads of those smoothies and stuff Laura.

Back