Saturday, Hour by Hour!!!

Katycakes

Stubborn tortoise
The threads are usually very quiet on a Saturday, but it's one of the days I need most encouragement... it's still a working day for me, but the kids are around so lots more temptation than usual! The hour by hour threads have helped me get back on track this week after a very wobbly phase. Yesterday wasn't 100% but wasn't bad either, and today I want to be 100% on my 810 plan.

I've had my porridge and got a herb tea on the go... lunch at midday will be a malt toffee bar and mid afternoon I will have a hot choc shake, before a quorn tea at 6 or 7. That's the plan - today I am sticking to it!

Anyone else out there trying for 100%?

xxx

I'm going to be 100%. Am just thinking about having a tetra for breakfast and trying not to start too much on the water yet. I'm off to the hairdressers this morning to have my highlights done and, as I'm likely to be there a good couple of hours, I don't want to be desperate for a wee! Saving my caramel bar for tonight to get me through wanting to eat curry!

Morning Katy and sparkles :)

Made it 100% yesterday and am aiming to do it again today. Weekends are so difficult for me as everyone in the house seems to graze all day meaning there's always someone eating :(

Have my coffee and pint of water to hand now and I'm thinking of splitting my 2 daytime shakes to make more meals for me and see how that goes.

Annie x

Hi Sparkles and Lazy! We can do it. The highlights sound great, Sparkles! Might treat myself to a proper dye job when I get to goal... that'd be fab.

Lazy, I know totally what you mean. Have a few extra teenagers in the house today... they're still asleep, of course, but once they're up the place will erupt with toast & jam, crumpets & cheese, hot chocolate & marshmallows... arghhh. When friends stay, my kids abandon all attempts at healthy breakfast. Still, we can be strong! Think I'll split my afternoon pack too... two mocha coffees, that sounds fab!!!

xxx

Hey all...
Im not really sure what this post is for but I thought I would join in anyway..... I have just had a yummy strawberry shake with lots of crushed ice... it was so nice that both my boys wanted to share it.. Hmm I let them have two sips and then told them that was my food.. Even though they know as they tell everyone.. Especially my 3 year old he says my mummy has a shake as she wants to be skinny like me!!!

Im off to take them to football and then I think Im going to be stuck getting home as Jade Goodys funeral is down the road to my house so I think i will have to stay out for hours!!!!

I am on my 8th week and I must say without sounding to big headed I have only ever been 100% Im just having the shakes and bars so no food for me...

Hope everyone has a good day and stay positive its so worth it!!!

Hi, Im on day 2 of SS and yesterday went well so aiming for the same again today. I've just a 5 month old to feed (until husband comes home) so I dont think I'll be tempted by his formula or his butternut squash puree! Did notice it was more difficult yesterday when my man took home chips for his tea but I resisted!

Curly, it's just a thread where people can check in & out thru the day for encouragement, motivation or just a chat... I've seen threads like these alot over the last few months and sometimes joined in, but posting them over the last few days has been a lifesaver for me. Like you, I was 100% when on SS but stepping up to 810 & putting food back in the picture has been much tougher... it slipped from being 100% 810 to 100% make-it-up-as-you-go-along!!! So a thread where you take things hour by hour or day by day is great to help me get back on track.

Great to have you on board - your 100% example will inspire me!!! Don't envy you being near the funeral, upsetting and also likely to bring traffic to a standstill... yikes.

Hi Angela, hope Day 2 is kind to you... pretty soon you'll be in ketosis and loving every minute! Lol at the idea of eating the baby's puree... should we suggest butternut squash as a new CD flavour?

xxx

That sounds like a morning from hell with all that bad food around katy :eek: Sending you resist thoughts from here :)

curly, you have done so well to be 100% for 8 weeks I wish I had your determination but I had a visit from the self destruct fairy last week and am now being very strict with myself. :rolleyes:

Hi angela, formula or butternut squash puree probably wouldn't tempt me either lol! Well done on being strong when chips are around :)

Annie x

:) Thanks Katy,
Well, after my first taste of the mushroom soup yesterday maybe it might be an improvement -just found it a bit sickly but think I only got 2 so I'll manage it again before my WI on Thurs!

Started the diet today and I'm gunna need lots of encouragement. Got a 4th birthday party to attend with my daughter this afternoon. All that jelly and icecream.....

Hi lisalulu :)

Good luck with your diet and pop into this thread if you need any encouragement to stick to it.
Be strong and resist the jelly & ice cream :D

Weather is horrid here today, was going to walk the dogs over the hills later but we have that wet misty stuff coming down at the moment and I really don't fancy a 2hr yomp in the wet :(
Think I might have my first half shake in a bit made into a nice hot coffee :)

Annie x

Lazy, it gets worse... the visiting girls have emerged and I made hot cross buns and crumpets & cappucinos for them... then daughter got up and got a hot cross bun stuck in the toaster... had to delve around with a wooden spoon! Son is still dead to the world...

Angela, I loved the soups at first but some are better than others. Try them all and see which ones you like. I eventually went right off them... just have choc shakes now, mainly hot, & bars & porridges.

xxx

Hi Lisalu, good luck with your first day and steer clear of the jelly & ice cream! That's a test, deffy, but on your first day you should be OK... determination can get you through.

xxx

:wavey: Morning guys - well only managed a 2lb loss this week which only makes up for the 2lbs i managed to stack on last week so feeling a bit deflated.
I did so well at the beginning of the year, losing approx 3 stone in 10 - 12 weeks (with a couple of blips) but after falling off the wagon i've been finding it increasingly difficult to get back on. :sigh:
I don't know whats wrong - instead of my loss inspiring me to lose more i think i've been lost in patting myself on the back, telling myself how well i've done but thats not helped me to keep on track - infact its done the opposite. :(
Sorry, i'm being a right ole moaning mini at the mo aren't i!? :grumble: lol
Anyway - haven't had any products yet but am supping my second cuppa of the day. Ellie is playing on the Playstation, Caitlin is watching The Simpsons Movie for seemingly the 100th time, Oliver is asleep & the hubby is off playing footy (well attempting to play footy anyway! lol)

Forgot to say - hope everyone has a good day. *hugs*
Angela - i think everything is down to individual taste - everyone raves about the chocolate shakes but i'm not overly keen and i really can't stand any of the soups! Trick is to try everything and find what you like and what you can live with. x

Hi Rayven... I know what you mean about doing well and losing track! That happens to me too. Once you lose the plot it is SO hard to get focused again. But you have lost 2lbs and undone the damage, so that's great... push on and keep chipping away at it. You can do it honey!!!

xxx

Hi Rayven, a 2lb loss is still good :D

Forget about last week and press on as you can do it. Are you finding it easier doing the 810 now?

Katy, how old are your kids? my boys are grown up now but no chance of them leaving home yet :sigh: They are really supportive of my diet until 11pm when they arrive back from the pub with kebabs or the like :eek:

Annie x

I just had my first shake, and whilst it was nicer and more filling than I expected- I have to agree I'm not overly keen on the chocolate. It tastes quite nutty. I'm sure I'll learn to love it soon when I need a chocolate hit

Hey Katy..
thanks for that... I am really scared when I eventually have to go to 810 a day.. as I am scared of having any food... Did you eat in the evenings when you did ss??
I am on my 8th week and I think after my 12th I have to have some food...

You have done so well!!! You are a real inspiration.. x

Hey Lisalu...
Hope your first day goes well..... it does get easier.........
You will grow to like the shakes I actually love them now.. bit sad I know but especially the sachet ones..
Good luck x

Back