***SATURDAY HOUR BY HOUR***

Afternoon all :)

Water Melon - Eyelash extensions sound fab! Tell me more!

/quote]

I'm by no means an expert... LOL just really fancied it, its between 60-90 quid for the first fittin then a bit like nail extensions you have infills every couple of wks at about 10-15quid! Its less than I would spend on wine so what the heck! I've got a special offer thingy so first set are 55, which is what I'd spend on a weeks wine/fizzy drinks etc without food - so I say bloody bargain! xx xx

Sounds lush ... unfortunately my single parents budget won't stretch to it :( However, I am worth a new mascara, surely? ;) x

Sounds lush ... unfortunately my single parents budget won't stretch to it :( However, I am worth a new mascara, surely? ;) x

SNAP - I'm a single parent too - I am lucky tho as my 2 are now 12 & 10 so with the help of my mum and dad I work full-time and earn quite decent money, company car etc! Down falls are I work long days and is quite stressful, which has been another factor in my weight gain!

I'll do some before & afta picci's - you could always ask for the treat for Xmas or BDay xx xx

Hi all, just had a quick catch up on the posts so congrats to everyone doing well today. :D

Well day 3 for me and no real sign of Kitosis :sigh:. Had my first meal away from home today and it wasn't too bad. Just went to my friends for lunch with my littlun and she did partbake rolls...thought it was going to be torture, especially after my yearning for toast last night, but it wasn't too bad. Managed to keep on top of my water and haven't been hungry.

Did have to pop to Tescos though and I found that quite hard. Just had to whiz round in the end and try not to look at anything :boohoo:

And on a major plus side, I found I like the porridge much more today when I added more water to it. :)

K x

Hi all, just had a quick catch up on the posts so congrats to everyone doing well today. :D

Well day 3 for me and no real sign of Kitosis :sigh:. Had my first meal away from home today and it wasn't too bad. Just went to my friends for lunch with my littlun and she did partbake rolls...thought it was going to be torture, especially after my yearning for toast last night, but it wasn't too bad. Managed to keep on top of my water and haven't been hungry.

Did have to pop to Tescos though and I found that quite hard. Just had to whiz round in the end and try not to look at anything :boohoo:

And on a major plus side, I found I like the porridge much more today when I added more water to it. :)

K x

Well done!
Re Tesco visits - always difficult - what I'm gonna do is put a few non food treats for me as well and think of it as my shopping, nice mug for my latte's, nice bowl for my soup & mousse.... Nail varnish etc xx xx

That's a great idea Water Melon. My cuticles are shot to pieces so maybe a mini manicure set for me next time.

just caught up on the posts, well done on the weight loss angela,
eyelash extensions sound a good idea watermelon,I could do with them, could do with mine been dyed as I'm blonde and so are my lashes and without mascara you can't see them and with mascara I look like I've got a spider stuck on my eye, it just doesn't look right

Wow this thread's handy! Only on second week and scouring the board looking at old and new posts. Some great ideas for keeping busy.
My eyebrows and eyelashes are a lot paler than my hair and I've considered getting them dyed.

Evening ladies. Thought I'd check in quickly before I have to go pack since the kids are in bed. Amsterdam tomorrow... can't wait!!

Overcame a personal hurdle today, and am really proud of myself. I went to a massive Marks and Sparks for a spot of shopping with my girlies and mother this afternoon. Its right next door to what is apparently 'Europes largest Asda' which has a McDonalds inside. Needless to say my rather unsupportive mother wanted to treat the kids and little old me. But did I crumble and order something? Did I hell!! Out came the flavoured water and a piece of chewing gum and I felt bloody fantastic for it. Never realised how disgusting Maccies actually looks- its just too convenient, don't even have to get outta the car. Lol

Ok, ramble over. Well done on the loss Lexie. We all have slow weeks, you'll probably pick up after TOTM. Hope everyone had a lovely day and I'll speak to you all on Tuesday when I'm back from Amsterdam! Woooohooooo :talk017:

Wow Lisa, well done you. Hope you have a fab time in Amsterdam. At what stage can we have chewing gum? I know it can make you hungry but I'm paranoid for when the bad breath kicks in!!!

I've had sugar free gum from about day 3 or 4 when my death breath started. Its not strictly allowed, but it has never made me feel hungry- infact quite to opposite.

Ooh thanks, will see how I get on. Currently waiting on the death breath, lol, the things we wish for now we are on CD lol!

Hey Everybody.
Hope everyone has had a great day!! I really have.. but have written about it in another post.. so cant face writing it again.. BUT I LOVE CD felt so good and happy today.. buying some new clothes.

Lisa, well done you...... I too sat watching my kiddies in Maccie Ds today and also sat watching DH and kiddies having a lovely lunch in a cafe today and I had my bar .. yum yum!!! Its all worth it.. Have a wonderful time in Amsterdam.. I wish i was going love it there x

TOAST ALERT!!! Urghh..... it smells so good.. and DH is crunching away eating it.......... I just had a banana mousse it was yummy. But have pains in my tummy had it before I ate it.. OUCH!!!

OK Im off for a while.. Hope everyone is ok x

Last edited:
Im back from the aprty watched BGT was so funny and Im pleased to report have stayed 100%!!!! had 3 x 500ml of water at party - shake before I went and just earlier and Im so proud cos the food looked so nice and everyone kept mmmmm ing at the birthday cake with every mouthful but it didnt bother me cos I decided we will have the same one at Williams party in August whern Im SKINNY!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you all doin well today and Lisa have a fab time in Amsterdam - we will miss you x

Well done Jess! Awesome willpower!! Hope your TOTM shows up soon XX

Curly - So glad you're feeling good, and well done for sticking to your bar xxx

I've had a GRRRRR evening. Pre-teenage daughter has been a major madam and did something that really got to me. I felt myself start to crave to just ram food in my mouth so gave myself a good talking to. I usually bury my feelings with food. But, I actually sat there and said to myself "Feel it. Deal with it" Ended up having quite a cathartic half hour whereby I learnt so much about myself and my (previous) inability to deal with things. I allowed myself to be pee'd off. I let the uncomfortable feelings curse through my veins. Then I took some deep breaths, had a huge glass of water, and felt much calmer. Daughter still thinks I'm a witch, til tomorrow when she is sheepy and apologetic, but at least I am a witch who finally has some control!!!

I felt myself start to crave to just ram food in my mouth so gave myself a good talking to. I usually bury my feelings with food.

I can soooooooooooooooo relate to this statement hun! Its like I said it! Congratulations for getting through a mini-hurdle & seeing the situation for what it was - well done xx xx

lookin at the bedroom ceiling - wishing I hadnt eaten the amount I'd eaten the previous day/nite or drank the amount of wine I had

I'd wake up on a Sat morning stuffed full of last nite's curry & Rose then the whole cyle would start again!

Goodness, Are you me??? lol - Feels good doesn't it? This is my third week of not being blotto on a fri/sat/sun evening. I feel I am no longer slave to the saturday night trend. Though part of me (my devil side) still misses a glass or two of wine. I shall have to resist and resist more and more when I am finished dieting.

Back