saturday night snacks

liv82

Having a wee night in tonight with my partner after a busy (and very stressful) week at work. Going to make syn free chicken tikka massala for dinner but loooking for some ideas for syn free or low syn snacks to watch with a film. Already thought about trying to make crisps using fry light in the oven. As i'm new to this my ideas get stuck on yoghurt and fruit as snacks. Any ideas?

Sugar free jelly with fruit.
Crudites and some home-made dip (sure there must be some recipes on the sub-forum)
Syn free onion bhajis
Seafood sticks
Potato wedges

Just a few ideas

How about loaded potato skins? Cut in half, bake, scrape out the insides, mash with a bit of salt, chives and cheese triangles (HEA) then fill them back up again and stick back in the oven for 10 mins. Those are very cinema-ey.

Is popcorn high in syns if it's home-made?

Just looked in food optimising book, plain popcorn popped without fat 5.5 syns for 28g. Seems a lot. Then again it doesnt weigh much so maybe thats quite a large volume.

I bet thats a air amount of popcorn, have got some to pop but wasn't sure of syns and not got round to doing will have to give a go soon, be nice with some sweetner on probably :)

I like:
Snack a Jacks Popcorn, Butter Toffee, 35g bag 7½ all plans

Snack a Jacks Popcorn, Chocolate, 35g bag 6½ all plans

Taste nice but you dont get alot. I tend to do a selection of savoury things including pickled onions, dips with breadsticks or veg sticks, and then some fruit like cherries to suck on.

Back