Sausage Debate Bowyers 95% fat free vs weight watcher sausgaes

charleypolequeen

Well i have made a interested discovery this week as i found out both weight watchers and bowyers 95% fat free sausages are both 1/2 syn per sausage i taste bowyers and mmmm beautiful £2.29 for 8

Weight watchers where also nice but only 6 in the pack!! straight away i felt robbed and they are Also £2.29 form Asda

which one do you prefer ?my favourite bowyers Morrison own eat smart which are now 1/2 syn too are nowhere near as nice

I think you've posted this one in the wrong area of the forum my dear!:confused:

I think you've posted this one in the wrong area of the forum my dear!:confused:

Hmmm I dont think she has haha

I personally think its more suited to the general forum....its not really about syn values...she knows them....its more a discussion on what sausages people prefer....or am I reading it wrong? Probably, been a long day and I am waiting for my tea to cook lol

In answer to OP....I have tried Bowyers and Morrisons but not WW.....out the two I prefer Morrisons :) x

I personally think its more suited to the general forum....its not really about syn values...she knows them....its more a discussion on what sausages people prefer....or am I reading it wrong? Probably, been a long day and I am waiting for my tea to cook lol

In answer to OP....I have tried Bowyers and Morrisons but not WW.....out the two I prefer Morrisons :) x

I agree with you the post isnt a request for syn info but a heated debate about low fat saussies!!

Personally i think low fat sausages are rank, i'd rather not eat sausages than eat low fat ones and that's coming from someone whos knick name was Sara Sausage!!

The ones i've treid are Asda's and morrisions.

I'm hoping someone can find me a nice low fat "JUICY" sausage or does it not exsist:cry:

sara sausage!!! love it haha

bless ya hun!!!x

rofl!

you read this thread and the comments after it had been moved - it was originally in a VLCD/Total meal replacement diet section of the forum, where such talk of sausages is a stoning offence! lol

I'm sure we'd have been delighted to offer opinions, but seeing as our diet doesn't involve sausages (or much else for that matter) we wouldn't have been a lot of use ;)

rofl!

you read this thread and the comments after it had been moved - it was originally in a VLCD/Total meal replacement diet section of the forum, where such talk of sausages is a stoning offence! lol

I'm sure we'd have been delighted to offer opinions, but seeing as our diet doesn't involve sausages (or much else for that matter) we wouldn't have been a lot of use ;)
still...its in the syn section, which i dont think is correct....wasnt having a go...just makin an observation, shudda quoted the comment below i guess :)

Thats correct this is about what people prefer rather than syn value thanks

still...its in the syn section, which i dont think is correct....wasnt having a go...just makin an observation, shudda quoted the comment below i guess :)

whatever section its in i still need help...lol

I have moved it to General SW forum as it might get more resutls.:confused:

Well i have made a interested discovery this week as i found out both weight watchers and bowyers 95% fat free sausages are both 1/2 syn per sausage i taste bowyers and mmmm beautiful £2.29 for 8

Weight watchers where also nice but only 6 in the pack!! straight away i felt robbed and they are Also £2.29 form Asda

which one do you prefer ?my favourite bowyers Morrison own eat smart which are now 1/2 syn too are nowhere near as nice

whatever section its in i still need help...lol

I hope someone here can help:confused:

I actually haven't tried either of these but can I throw some other sausages into the debate :D

I often have Sainsburys, be good to yourself cumberland sausages which are half a syn each or on occasions when I can't get to Sainsburys I have Tesco healthy living but they are 1 syn each (Boo!)

I think the Sainsburys ones are actually nicer out of the two but they are never going to beat full fat sausages are they!!

And :8855:for posting this in VCLD/food replacement forum! Hehe! Bet some hungry people are craving sausages now! Makes you love SW even more knowing we can actually eat pretty much everything!!!

Oh goodness, the thread was fine in the beginning. What a thing to be honing in on, Charleypolequeen asked a very important question!!!!

I have asked ,myself this question many times, as a huge sausage fan this one has bothered me. I finally came to the conclusion, buy both and use the Bowyers for Sausagey dinners such as Sausage and Chips, breakkie etc etc where they are left whole. And use the Morrisons ones for casseroles, hot pots, toad in the holes etc. I find the Morrys one do not cook well under the grill or in a pan, but do well within sauces. The Bowyers ones stand the heat a little more - although I do cook them for a few mins in the microwave just to get the middles well cooked, I am a bit of panicker when it comes to potential undercooking - then I finished them off in a pan. Similarly I have tried using Bowyers in casseroles hotpots etc and found they taste a little.... aniseedy! I know its weird but thats the only way I can describe the taste.

Anyhow, I hope this helps. Good luck, you are doing really well with the weight loss by the way, well done (i need to take a leaf out of your book - I am very much off the wagon at the moment!)

I have tried a number of low-fat sausages, and consider them all a waste of time. I would rather not bother, and have really good quality real sausages as a very occasional treat.

For me, it's like butter - the real thing, or forget it!

I tried the Morrisones ones ages ago, and didn't like them much, threw them away.
I bought some WW ones on Tuesday but haven't tried them yet, so I hope that they're nice. I only bought them for a bit of a change, I have been sausage free for about a year LOL
( i eat quorn sausages, but they aren't really sausagey are they?!)

Bet the vlcd girls LOVED this popping up!!!!

My favourite are the bowyers sausages. I have to travel a fair way to Asda to get hold of them but it is well worth the journey :) .

I'm amazed none of the Joe's Sausages superfans have popped in on this debate ;)

I haven't been able to get hold of the Bowyers ones and I found that the formally free Morrisons one had a varied quality. Sometimes my family loved them, then the next time we would all be a bit 'eeerrrrr they are revolting' :eek:.

I am assuming you have to buy quite a lot of the Joe's Sausages as you get them by mail order? And I live alone and don't have a freezer.

Back