Sausage Idea's

julie19

Silver Member
I am trying to do success express this week & I need to use up some sausages, what can I have with them for the two thirds superfree part? I don't fancy the usual carrots, cauliflower & broccoli - any ideas anyone?

Thanks

sausage casserole/sausage dinner/sausage in tom sauce with pasta?Syn free chips and egg? All on EE/Red.(sorry missed the SE PART so forget chips and egg)

Last edited:
roast mediterranean vegetable or homemade ratatouille go with most things in my world.

How do I make a Ratatouille? I have never made one of these before. Thanks

I make a very simple one by chopping red onion and garlic, frylight for a couple of minutes then add diced courgette, aubergine and I put mushrooms, then tinned tomatoes and some mixed herbs and oregano plus a knorr vegetable stock cube.
I just boil all this up together and then I taste it, adjust the seasoning and put some Splenda in (very important).
I haven't got weights for anything because I just bung it all in. I also use this as a base for curries/chillis/pasta sauces

I love carrots and turnip mashed up together with lots of freshly ground black pepper.

I did a sausage salad once - one sausage, one roasted sweet potato, cos lettuce (etc), green beans (etc) and a mustard (small syns) in ff fromage frais dressing.

very yum - sausage was cold, potato was warm

Back