Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Woah - excellent result this week Silly Sausage :) Well done !

Hhhhhmmmmm just noticed quorn sausage cajun stew - now that sounds good :) Is your recipe on here ?

Beegee - It's an important job! I had a mango tonight and managed not to break my teeth or swallow the stone. I have you to thank for that :D

Oh crumbs, my daughter made a real, full fat, lemon meringue pie at school today and most of it fell into my mouth in a freak pie accident. Been googling for syns, but might just call it "more syns than I should in a day, but not the end of the world".

Dinner:
veg and ye olde quorn sausage cajun stew

:p :8855:

Oh crumbs, my daughter made a real, full fat, lemon meringue pie at school today and most of it fell into my mouth in a freak pie accident. Been googling for syns, but might just call it "more syns than I should in a day, but not the end of the world".

:8855:mad: freak pie accident. I'll keep an eye out for it on the news!

Lemon meringue pie could make a saint fall off his/her cloud and down to earth. Beautiful stuff and well worth it as a bit of mischief :D

Thanks for the recipe Sausage ! I like the syns value of your lemon pie - sometimes thats the only way to call it :)

Naughty, naughty pie jumping in to your mouth like that!! God I haven't had one of them in soooo long. Mmmm!! The individual ones in Cafe Nero call to me every time I go in ;)

Hee heee. This made me laugh. Like the attitude though. Not the end of the world. Hope this week has been good for you ?

Gail x

Not updated my diary for a few days. Didn't want to bore you all to death with the same stuff every day. Porridge, beans on toast, cajun stew. Bit of a skint week. Things picked up yesterday when my pal visited to learn the ways of SW. We had a very healthy lunch (lentil loaf, jalapeno houmous, mixed bean salsa, green salad and fruit salad) and talked about SW all day. I felt very motivated. So why did I then crave bread and butter after she left and fill my boots??

New day today and I fancy making SW pakoras tonight. Have enough Total 0% for the pakoras themselves, but needed more yog for a dip. I googled the recipe for great sauce from our local curry house and thought I would try making it syn free

http://www.ashokarestaurants.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=48&Itemid=139

The Co-op only had 2.7% Greek style yog. I have tried googling it and the fact it does not show up on minimins makes me think it might be mad with syns :confused:

Don't know about that - total 2% only has about 1 syn for a tub (don't quote me on that but it's not high in syns). Fingers crossed for you.......

See you tomorrow on the sunday weighers thread.

Gail x

Hi Sausage!!

I've just read through most of your diary ... I'm veggie too and in real need of some inspiration after a horrendous weekend eating!!! Thanks!!! Ye olde sausage casserole is definitely on the cards tonight!!!

Xxxx

Hi Air Hostess Lady :D I have had a shocking week too and put on 3 pounds due to pigginess. My son has the cold so we have been avoiding the swimming. I definitely have better results when we swim.

My week ahead looks like another samey food one :sigh:

Anyway last night I tried the SW pakoras and they were tasty but crumbly. The recipe states 2 tbsp of curry powder, but I used 1 tbsp curry, 1 tsp garam masala and 1 tsp fennel seeds and it was very spicy. I think 2 tbsp of curry would blow yer head off.

The Ashoka pink pakora sauce was a syn free triumph!

3 tbsp greek yog
1 tbsp chopped tomatoes (from a carton)
1 tsp hot chilli powder
1 tsp dried mint
pinch of salt

Attachments

• DSCF3790.jpg
    DSCF3790.jpg
    490 KB · Views: 56
Hi!!!! Just as I thought I was all excited for sausage stew your pakoras have thrown a spanner in the works ......hmmmm curry feast....decisions?!???

I hope your sons feeling better! Don't worry about the gain, it will easily come off, especially when you start swimming again xx

Hiya lovely sausage! I had a gain too. 2.5lbs, we don't do things by halves do we lol. My 2.5lb had better disappear at weigh in tomorrow lol.

Pakoras, omnom and the sauce sounds fab too, did you blend it? I'm having a curry feast. I tend to make a big batch then attempt to live off it for days. 3 lots of curry in two days. I really need some freezer contaners, would help a lot lol.

Good luck with this week. I really admire your swimming efforts, I love swimming but jelly thighs put me off.

xx

Good luck with this week. I really admire your swimming efforts, I love swimming but jelly thighs put me off.

Shouldn't that be agar agar thighs? :p

Don't let anything put you off swimming as it is great for toning and fat burning. My tummy is a nightmare, but nobody sees it when I'm in the water so what the hell. The couple of times I was slagged off by random idiots for being fat, I was fully clothed. I've never been slagged off in my swimming cozzie, so statistically, the pool is a safer place than the street hehe :D

Good luck for wi tomorrow!

Back