Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

:eek: More chopper talk on here too!!! A few years ago there were lots of films about aliens and invasions of the body snatchers, now its like an invasion of the 'kenwood chopper' spreading throughout minimins :p

Hehe..choppers are the future! I am thinking of using it tomorrow to make some kind of feta pesto. I am having a feta-a-thon this week. Managed to offload a piece onto someone so have only one portion left. Have a half-dead basil plant that was in the co-op bargain bin...awwww. Will stick him in the chopper mwhahaha!

Found an interesting cheese today in Sainsburys. It's called Basics Italian Hard Cheese. Looks like parmesan, but is suitable for vegetarians! Do you think I could get away with using it as a hex?

Found an interesting cheese today in Sainsburys. It's called Basics Italian Hard Cheese. Looks like parmesan, but is suitable for vegetarians! Do you think I could get away with using it as a hex?

Is it well 'ard? I would ask if it's from the East End but I see that it's Italian, in which case is it Mafioso? :eek: :p

Its not on 'da list' as an A choice for cheese on the SW website as I have just checked. If i am doing a subsitution *looks furtively round for subsitution police* I check the calories/protein/fat content etc from a known Hex and go from there

I would definitely use that as a substitute hex, sounds like a good find! Btw, you're all starting to sound a tad scary with all this killing basil with a chopper and pointy cheese talk ...

This is the one I got. It is tiny, but doesn't take up much room or have loads of bits and pieces so suits me. I had a food processor years ago and it was such a faff and took up too much space. I binned it. My next full sized one will be so gorgeous and red that it will be on the worktop instead of in a cupboard :D

Kenwood CH180 Mini Chopper, 300 Watt: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home

That's the exact one Ive got! :D You *can* fit it all in in one go, Ive mastered it now :) At the beginning I used to do it in batches, then my brain switched on one afternoon on observing how much they shrink :eek: But now I can get the lot in in one go, it's a tight fit but it soon shrinks down :) Yay I LOVE my mini chopper, I use it for all sorts. Its way easier to clean and store than those giant gubbins that cost a fortune.

I even take it on holiday :eek: I know that's really anal :D but if I make myself nice stuff to eat on holiday I can relax with a bit more vino at night and not put too much on :) Yup, holidays I always take the chopper, the grater, measuring spoons, P&M, garlic crusher, spices... I must look a right weirdo :confused: :eek: :D

PS that's a self-catering holiday obviously... not a week in Ibiza... :rolleyes:

Wednesday 17th August

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana, blueberries, grapes, strawberries

Lunch:
spicy cauliflower and butterbean soup (0.5 syn)
apple

Dinner:
wholewheat pasta and roast veg with phili pesto, fakey parmesan and lettuce (hexA + hexB)

Snacks:
pineapple
grapes
chocolate cake (18 syns)

Total syns: 18.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: hula hooping

My daughter made the chocolate cake. Would have been rude not to eat it! :eek:

Made the pesto in the wee chopper using extra light phili, garlic, fresh basil and a splosh of milk. The fakey parmesan is really nice and you get loads in an ounce for a hex!

Attachments

• DSCF3680.jpg
    DSCF3680.jpg
    467.1 KB · Views: 69
Hi Gwenny :) It chops carrots very finely so maybe too slushy for coleslaw. It's ideal for chopping carrots to add to quorn mince to bulk it out or to stews, cottage pies etc for extra superfree.

Thanks. Was asking as the mother wondered if she should get one to chop carrots for her soup and she doesn't like big bits so that should be fine for her.

Philly Pesto! You've sold me on a chopper I think! Roll on payday :D

Oh boo. I was hoping the picture that you posted was the chocolate cake, not the savoury food...........
:(

Gail x

lol Gail - I told my girl this and she says she took a photo with her phone! If she honours me with her presence any time this weekend :rolleyes: I will try to upload.

Thursday 18th August

Breakfast:
banana, blueberries, strawberries

Lunch:
spicy cauliflower and butterbean soup (0.5 syn)
apple

Dinner:
roasted butternut squash, feta, quorn peppered steak (hexB)

Snacks:
pineapple
2 x orange kitcats (11 syns)

Total syns: 11.5
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Something in that lot poisoned me :( The soup and quorn steak were from the freezer. The feta had been covered in the fridge for a few days.

Attachments

• DSCF3683.jpg
    DSCF3683.jpg
    494.3 KB · Views: 33
Friday 19th August

Breakfast:
banana, blueberries

After breakfast I felt like sh!te. My tummy was in knots and I was starving and burning up. Ate lots of white toast, drank lots of milk and spent most of the day under a duvet shivering. Today my temperature is down but I am so bloated and constipated.

I am so scunnered that I have decided not to weigh in tomorrow. I worked so hard to get under 200 pounds for my anniversary, was 100% for at least a fortnight and did loads of swimming. This week I can't exercise due to tendinosis and my eating is shot to pieces due to lurgy. I know it will kill my motivation dead tomorrow if I have to post a big, fat, constipated gain so I ain't posting :cry:

Having hot water and a slice of lime for breakfast.

silly sausage said:
Friday 19th August

Breakfast:
banana, blueberries

After breakfast I felt like sh!te. My tummy was in knots and I was starving and burning up. Ate lots of white toast, drank lots of milk and spent most of the day under a duvet shivering. Today my temperature is down but I am so bloated and constipated.

I am so scunnered that I have decided not to weigh in tomorrow. I worked so hard to get under 200 pounds for my anniversary, was 100% for at least a fortnight and did loads of swimming. This week I can't exercise due to tendinosis and my eating is shot to pieces due to lurgy. I know it will kill my motivation dead tomorrow if I have to post a big, fat, constipated gain so I ain't posting :cry:

Having hot water and a slice of lime for breakfast.

Aww no good sausage :'( hope you feel better soon hun :) xx hugs xx

Thanks guys x I am hungry now and have been looking around the site for something tasty and healthy. It's got to be mushroom and lentil loaf! All that fibre and yumminess will sort out my plumbing :D

(sorry to be a moan earlier)

Back