Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

silly sausage said:
Friday 19th August

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana, blueberries

After breakfast I felt like sh!te. My tummy was in knots and I was starving and burning up. Ate lots of white toast, drank lots of milk and spent most of the day under a duvet shivering. Today my temperature is down but I am so bloated and constipated.

I am so scunnered that I have decided not to weigh in tomorrow. I worked so hard to get under 200 pounds for my anniversary, was 100% for at least a fortnight and did loads of swimming. This week I can't exercise due to tendinosis and my eating is shot to pieces due to lurgy. I know it will kill my motivation dead tomorrow if I have to post a big, fat, constipated gain so I ain't posting :cry:

Having hot water and a slice of lime for breakfast.

Feel better sausage... Xx

Friday 19th August

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
banana, blueberries

After breakfast I felt like sh!te. My tummy was in knots and I was starving and burning up. Ate lots of white toast, drank lots of milk and spent most of the day under a duvet shivering. Today my temperature is down but I am so bloated and constipated.

I am so scunnered that I have decided not to weigh in tomorrow. I worked so hard to get under 200 pounds for my anniversary, was 100% for at least a fortnight and did loads of swimming. This week I can't exercise due to tendinosis and my eating is shot to pieces due to lurgy. I know it will kill my motivation dead tomorrow if I have to post a big, fat, constipated gain so I ain't posting :cry:

Having hot water and a slice of lime for breakfast.

As I said on Sunday Weighers, I think you're right not to weigh particularly as you explained your reasoning here about the motivational aspects of it. Hope you feel better in the morning.

I'm making your lentil and mushroom loaf today. I have all the ingredients now and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be eating it for a few days though as I don't think anyone else will share it, but that might be a good thing if it's as good as everyone says! :rotflmao:

Poor you sausage. I agree with Moz though and your reasons for not weighing tomorrow. The most important thing is that you keep on with it and whatever helps you do that is the right thing.

Hope you are starting to feel better.

Gail x

Get well soon sausage, I don't blame you.for not weighing either. A good week of good health and being on track will sort everything out.

Hugs.x

Thanks guys xxx I had a constipation busting food day yesterday (TMI?), but it didn't work. I may just explode one day :eek: Odd food, but was 100% which is good for my head (if not my bum).

Saturday 20th August

Breakfast:
hot water and a slice of lime

Lunch:
5 scanbran and a tin of beans (hexB)

Dinner:
mushroom and lentil loaf with mushy peas (hexA)

Snacks:
Greek yoghurt with honey, linseed and pineapple (hexB + 1 syn)

Total syns: 1
Fluids: gallons
Exercise: none

Feeling much better today and have been out to buy little freezer-proof boxes. Will be making a big batch of spicy cajun veg and sausage stew stuff today and freezing some. Think the problem with me generally cooking for one is that I eat the same stuff for days, it sometimes goes off and I get lurgy. Freezing batches will hopefully prevent this.

Also, I'm going to go back to swimming despite my dodgy achilles tendon. There are still lots of non-leggy exercises I can do in the water for my bingo wings so I will just go take it easy.

Hope you are all having a good week x

Oh Sausage!! Poor you. Hope you're on the mend! xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Think the problem with me generally cooking for one is that I eat the same stuff for days, it sometimes goes off and I get lurgy. Freezing batches will hopefully prevent this.

This is the problem I have as apart from my daughter who will occasionally eat one of my veggie concoctions no-one else will and that means that I often go for easy options and don't have enough variety or even sensible green stuff.

To be honest because you suggested batching the soup and freezing it in freezer bags as opposed to containers, I assumed you were one of these organised people that had loads of individual portions of everything frozen in your freezer! I used you as my inspiration to get off my lazy bum and do the same, hence last week worked out quite easy with having a load of quorn chilli made up, and quorn spag bol and frozen into individual portions. This morning I've made more chilli which is cooling ready to batch up and have your mushroom/lentil loaf in the oven as I write!

It was lovely last week being able to eat at the same time as the others and just defrost a chilli/bolognese sauce and eat that with a heap of veg and whatever carb they were having pasta/rice/spuds. At the end of the day, I might not get as much variety as some of these superchefs we see on here (no disrespect intended :eek: ) but it suits me and I know it's healthy and is better than what I was doing!

Sorry for the ramble, but you know me, never say in 10 words what you can say in 50 :rotflmao: :p

Ha! What's the saying "the best laid plans of mice and men gang aft agley!".

Serves me right for being smug about my batch cooking - I just got in a horrible mess getting the chilli into bags and I couldn't work out what was wrong and why it was considerably more messy than last week, it eventually dawned on me that I used the wrong freezer bags, I bought some slightly bigger ones for this purpose but used the little ones I put fruit in with my younguns lunch! Oh well, I live and hopefully learn :rotflmao:

OzzieMoz said:
To be honest because you suggested batching the soup and freezing it in freezer bags as opposed to containers, I assumed you were one of these organised people that had loads of individual portions of everything frozen in your freezer! I used you as my inspiration to get off my lazy bum and do the same, hence last week worked out quite easy with having a load of quorn chilli made up, and quorn spag bol and frozen into individual portions. This morning I've made more chilli which is cooling ready to batch up and have your mushroom/lentil loaf in the oven as I write!

It was lovely last week being able to eat at the same time as the others and just defrost a chilli/bolognese sauce and eat that with a heap of veg and whatever carb they were having pasta/rice/spuds. At the end of the day, I might not get as much variety as some of these superchefs we see on here (no disrespect intended :eek: ) but it suits me and I know it's healthy and is better than what I was doing!

Sorry for the ramble, but you know me, never say in 10 words what you can say in 50 :rotflmao: :p

I do lots of batch cooking and have stuff frozen in one or two person portions, labelled with date, content and syn/Hex count (I learnt that from when I kept defrosting boxes for a green day expecting it to be lentil shepherds pie, then turning out to be fish pie !!!!). It makes a massive difference for me and makes my life MUCH easier (I live alone).

I also would never say in 10 words what I could say in 100 ! You're not alone Moz :p

Hope things are moving for you sausage. Here's to a good week *chinks plastic freezer boxes/bags*

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Moz - LOL I am not organised at all, hence me freezing in poly bags rather than having a stock of tupperware. Got some boxes now :D

Went to work today and someone had had the same lurgy as me at the weekend. Sounds like we have had a bug then as we don't eat the same things.

Sunday 21th August

Breakfast:
cheese beanos (hexA + hexB)

Lunch:
mushroom and lentil loaf (hexB)
pickled beetroot

Dinner:
cajun veg, bean and quorn sausage stew
fakey parmesan (D'oh! I can't count to 4 so am counting this extra hex as 6 syns)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
2 scan bran carrot cake (3 syns)
pineapple

Total syns: 9
Fluids: good
Exercise: swimming

Felt great after swimming. I reckon my achilles tendon will be ok for swimming as I am pointy toed in the water. This shortens the tendon and puts no strain on it.

Monday 22th August

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA),
banana, blueberries, strawberries

Lunch:
quorn peppered steak, beans and toast (hexB)
apple

Dinner:
cajun veg, bean and quorn sausage stew, baked potato, lettuce, fakey parmesan (hexA)
Scan bran carrot cake with custard, banana and blueberries (8 syns)

Snacks:
pineapple

Total syns: 8

Attachments

• DSCF3686.jpg
    DSCF3686.jpg
    440.1 KB · Views: 54
Oh poor you being all ill. It sounds horrible and I think you were absolutely right not to weigh in. Anything that knocks your motivation is not a good thing.

Your food is looking great as ever, oh goodness - custard!! How delicious!! Almost as interesting as the custard - I love the plate it's on, very stylish!

Glad to hear that the pretend parmesan is good. I was in Sainsbury's today but completely forgot to get any. When my head swings back into SW mode properly I will definitely be getting some - ta for the recommendation.

The custard was delish and at 6.5 syns for a full-fat tub was not too bad. I really must learn to make ginger cake to have with custard. Speaking of cake, hope you had loads today Birthday Bee :D

Tuesday 23th August

Breakfast:
banana, strawberries, apple

Lunch:
cajun veg, bean and quorn sausage stew with fakey parmesan (hexA)
apple

Dinner:
stir fry - quorn pieces, mushrooms, veg and beansprout mix, Nando's sweet chilli peri-peri marinade (2.5 syns),
cashews (hexB tweak)

Snacks:
grapes
chocolate orange Aldi bar (3 syns)

Total syns: 5.5

The cashews were a bit of a tweak as they were roasted, salty ones. Apparently they should be boring, baldy ones for a hex. There is not much between them syns-wise. If the SW police come knocking, you aint seen me right?

Attachments

• DSCF3694.jpg
    DSCF3694.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 42
If the SW police come knocking, you aint seen me right?

*knock knock*

S'only me! I can't be the police though as I've just confessed to a nutty crime too - mine was peanut M&Ms though ... but I sort of figured they were HexB with a whiff of syns ;) :D

*knock knock*

S'only me!

:eek:
Jeezo! You had me going there!

Wednesday 24th August

Breakfast:
banana, strawberries, grapes

Lunch:
2 fried eggs, beans, 2 quorn burgers (1 syn),
mushrooms, ketchup (1 syn)
apple

Dinner:
stir fry - quorn pieces, mushrooms, veg and beansprout mix, Nando's sweet chilli peri-peri marinade (2.5 syns),
cashews (hexB tweak)

Snacks:
grapes
3 oranges
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

Total syns: 6

Thursday 25th August

Breakfast:

Lunch:
chickpea dahl loaf and beans
apple

Dinner:
lasagne (hexA + hexB)

Snacks:
0% Greek yog mixed with lemon curd (2 syns)
with pineapple, grapes and strawberries

Total syns: 2
Exercise: hula hooping

The lasagne was an accident. Tried to make cannelloni again but using phili instead of feta. The mix was too runny to fill the tubes so I layered the runny veg and phili mix with passata, mushrooms and lasagne sheets and topped with cheese. Looks dodgy, but tasted good.

Attachments

• DSCF3700.jpg
    DSCF3700.jpg
    498.1 KB · Views: 55
Friday 26th August

Breakfast:

Lunch:
chickpea dahl loaf and beans,
apple

Dinner:
stuffed mushroom and pepper (stuffed with cottage cheese, spring onions, mushrooms, quorn bacon, lemon zest) (2 syns)
chips

Snacks:
0% alcohol beer (3.5 syns)
loads of sweeties and crap (? syns)

Total syns: ?
Exercise: swimming

I was craving sugar very badly last night. I was like a sausage possessed :eek: I have a plan for tonight - a grazing trough of syn free savoury treats to munch on during our retro ps2 games night. Least then if I start binging again it will be on healthy stuff.

Attachments

• DSCF3702.jpg
    DSCF3702.jpg
    489.1 KB · Views: 44
Back