Sausage on a mission - veggie green days diary

Well, I didn't weigh in last week as I had been ill and couldn't face a big gain due to fears of demotivation. This morning I am 4 lbs up on the fortnight. Ah well, strangely it has not demotivated me this week. I am more determined than ever and have set myself a challenge to stay 100% until Halloween. It is 9 weeks away. Weekly syns don't work for me obviously so it will be daily. No more than 15, no less than 5. Will top up any daily shortfalls with walnuts. Here goes!

Saturday 27th August

Breakfast:
banana

Lunch:
2 x Cauldron sausages (1 syn)
2 x fried eggs, beans

Grazing trough:
mixed bean salsa,
jalapeno houmous,
quorn fajita strips,
cherry tomatoes, pickled beetroot, pickled onions,
ryvtita wholegrain crackerbreads (2 x hexB)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
bottle of wine (26 syns)

Total syns: 27 :rolleyes:
Fluids: good
Exercise: none

Attachments

• DSCF3708.jpg
    DSCF3708.jpg
    513.7 KB · Views: 45
Enjoy dinner! Remember and post photies. And it's too bloody cold!

Good here, but not so on plan as I had a saag paneer with fried rice and a garlic chappati last night after eating 34 syns at Pizza Hut on Friday. Oh well, onwards and upwards as usual! lol

GWENNNYYY!

Did you see the sky at the back of 8 tonight? My son was like :eek: as he and his mates on XBox Live thought a nuke had gone off. I called my daughter who was in Byres Road and she said everyone in the street was taking photos of it.

It was big, fat, fast moving, mad coloured clouds. It was all gone after 10-15 minutes.

Here is my photo facing north.

*tuts at fried rice* lol Sounds delicious though...mmmm...paneer :p

Attachments

• DSCF3717.jpg
    DSCF3717.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 31
Here we go...day one of the 100% until Halloween challenge!

Sunday 28th August

Brunch:
toast (hexB)
beans, quorn burger (0.5 syns)

Dinner:
leftover mixed bean salsa mixed into couscous and dried apricots (hexB),
herby roast veg,
quorn peppered steak,
pea guacamole (recipe courtesy of the veggie air hostess lady)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
2 x walnut halves (2 syns)
plums!!!

Total syns: 5.5

My sister's plum tree is heaving with fruit so I am sorted for superfree snacks this week. Yaay! :D

Attachments

• DSCF3715.jpg
    DSCF3715.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF3718.jpg
    DSCF3718.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 26
Monday 29th August

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA),
banana, strawberries, plums

Lunch:
cheese beano with a quorn burger (hexA + hexB + 0.5 syn),
plums

Dinner:
Cauldron sausages (1 syns),
Bisto gravy (1 syn),
cabbage, fine beans, peas, sweetcorn, potatoes, tomatoes

Snacks:
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
pumpkin seed ryvita and cottage cheese (2.5 syns)
plums!

Total syns: 8
Exercise: gardening

My dinner looks like school dinners, but I keep finding cheapo cabbages in the bargain bin at the Co-op.

Attachments

• DSCF3722.jpg
    DSCF3722.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 41
GWENNNYYY!

Did you see the sky at the back of 8 tonight? My son was like :eek: as he and his mates on XBox Live thought a nuke had gone off. I called my daughter who was in Byres Road and she said everyone in the street was taking photos of it.

It was big, fat, fast moving, mad coloured clouds. It was all gone after 10-15 minutes.

Here is my photo facing north.

*tuts at fried rice* lol Sounds delicious though...mmmm...paneer :p

Nooo! I missed it! If it appeared on my side of the city lol. Didn't see anything like that at all and it looked amazing! Good job on the photie :D

I see you've been good the last couple of days! I had a moment with popcorn today but other than that I've been fine. Might need you to tut more ;)

Love the photos sausage. Stick with it because you are making progress slowly but surely :)

And you eat yummy sounding food :)

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks Gail. The only good thing about falling off the wagon is I realise how crappy eating junk food makes me feel. I must have felt bad for years and just didn't realise it. I prefer yummy SW food now :eat:

Sorry for tutting, Gwenny :) x I am just jealous of your rice! Rice makes me gain, but I just eat it anyway. Billions of people eat rice every day so I don't know why I have to be awkward :rolleyes: lol

Tuesday 30th August

Breakfast:

Lunch:
cheese beano with a quorn burger (hexA + hexB + 0.5 syn),
apple, plums

Dinner:
quorn Thai curry (6-ish syns for 50g phili and herbs from tubes)
baked potato

Snacks:
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
plums

Total syns: 9.5
Exercise: swimming

Attachments

• DSCF3725.jpg
    DSCF3725.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 26
Wednesday 31st August

Breakfast:

Lunch:
2 Cauldron sausages (1 syn),
toast (hexB),
beans, fried egg
apple, plums

Dinner:
quorn Thai curry (6-ish syns for 50g phili and herbs from tubes)
baked potato

Snacks:
2 x carrot cake (3 syns)
plums
pickled onions

Total syns: 10

Thursday 1st September

Breakfast:
scrambled egg, beans,
quorn burger (0.5 syn)
ketchup (0.5syn)

Lunch and dinner combo:
grazing trough of...
mixed bean salsa
jalapeno houmous
4 x Cauldron falafels (2 syns)
salad
pickled onions and beetroot
mild peppadews (free?)
feta (hexA)
2 x bread (2 x hexB)

Snacks:
milk for coffees (hexA)
orange kit kat (5.5 syns)

Total syns: 8.5

My pal came for an early dinner so I saved my lunch until later. Bit of an upside down day as I had no carbs and milk for breakfast because I wanted to save my hexs for the dinner. Was lovely!

Hi Gwenny, I am fine thanks. How has your week been? How did WI go? :)

I got blindsided today by a big bill :eek: and am now realising I can't go SW food shopping this week. Pesky kids and cats get first dibs on the food budget. Nevermind. I'll just have to dive into the back of the cupboards and freezer for a while. It is amazing how much is lurking there! I have enough stockpiled half price tinned tomatoes and old quorn sausages to feed an army lol

Hi Gwenny, I am fine thanks. How has your week been? How did WI go? :)

I got blindsided today by a big bill :eek: and am now realising I can't go SW food shopping this week. Pesky kids and cats get first dibs on the food budget. Nevermind. I'll just have to dive into the back of the cupboards and freezer for a while. It is amazing how much is lurking there! I have enough stockpiled half price tinned tomatoes and old quorn sausages to feed an army lol

Eeeep - I know that feeling too well!! I'm the same as you, I budget food for LittleOM and the cat/dog/pup first and then the rest goes on the general stuff for the rest of us. I've just been lucky the last couple of weeks that there was a sale on Quorn stuff. When that runs out which it will in the next few days, I'm not sure what I will do sticking to plan - just keep my fingers crossed for another special offer probably :D

Moz - You don't need quorn if you have beans and bananas. Green days rule! :D

Friday 2nd September

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
bananas, plums, blueberries

Lunch:
eggy bread and beans (hexB)

Dinner:
leftover mixed bean salsa mixed with couscous, feta and apricots (hexA + 3 syns),
coronation coleslaw (1 syn)
corn cob,
salad

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

My blueberry bushes are nearly bare now. Well done to them though for being so fruitful this year when almost everything else in the garden failed miserably :clap:

Attachments

• DSCF3727.jpg
    DSCF3727.jpg
    472.2 KB · Views: 37
Moz - You don't need quorn if you have beans and bananas. Green days rule! :D

Friday 2nd September

Breakfast:
porridge made with milk (hexB + hexA)
bananas, plums, blueberries

Lunch:
eggy bread and beans (hexB)

Dinner:
leftover mixed bean salsa mixed with couscous, feta and apricots (hexA + 3 syns),
coronation coleslaw (1 syn)
corn cob,
salad

Snacks:
carrot cake (1.5 syns)

My blueberry bushes are nearly bare now. Well done to them though for being so fruitful this year when almost everything else in the garden failed miserably :clap:

yayyy for the blueberries! Unfortunately bananas here are still about $12 a kilo which is about 8 pounds. Funny considering that they are grown literally just up or down the road from us! Unfortunately the crop was pretty much decimated following the cyclone earlier this year, hence the prices which are staying unbelievably high for an unbelievable time! I haven't had a banana since January I think :eek:

Back