Saving sins

Mandy123

Hi all ive just had first weigh in n lost 4nhalf pounds, told leader i had saved my sins so i can pig out after ive weighed in but she didnt seem to impressed by this does anyone else treat themselves after weigh in or is it just me

When I used to go to class I would always have a Chinese after weigh-in but I would count that in my syns for the week ahead. I can't see why it should make a difference as it's like saving them up all week to spend on alcohol and food on a Saturday night. Personally I would say if you still have a loss next week and can abstain from syns for the week for this then why not!? :) Maybe she doesn't like the idea as it's a form of binging? x

You should always have a minimum of 5 syns a day. Anything less and you soon going to feel that you're depriving yourself of the little things and can lead you to going off the rails.

Hmm, did you say "saving my syns so I can pig out"? Not really changing the habits of a lifetime or fostering good eating habits is it. Perhaps this is why she didn't seem impressed!

Saying that, a lot of people do have their syns weekly rather than daily and it works for them.

Yes, a lot of people have treat night or a treat after WI, there are a lot of threads and debate on this subject!

It may sound ok to use all your syns for a blow out on WI night but with some people that could easily lead to them thinking another biscuit, glass of wine or a bag of chips won't matter because I've got all week to get it off. That's probably why your consultant seemed a bit unimpressed. She probably spent all her time advising people at group, including new starters, the correct way to follow their plan and then to hear you say that must have left her a bit deflated if I'm honest.

Blow outs defeat the object of the whole food optimising thing really. It depends on how dependent a person is on food to meet their emotional needs and remembering some people have less willpower than others. some can get away with it...others would put lbs on and be distressed by it.

So what happens when you've no syns left because you've used them on a blow out? I'll tell you...you're back into your previous eating habits!

SW works when you follow the Plan and there has been over 40 years of SW's Food Optimising that proves that. If you stick to Plan and use your syns allowance for the things you really like and feel you can't do without this will help create the changes in the way you eat as well as what you eat. That way you won't feel you're depriving yourself...honest! By not sticking to it you're not cheating anyone but yourself.

Yes there are times when your consultant will advise you about a flexi syn day but strictly speaking this shouldn only be for special occasions and not everyday. Yeah have a takeaway but syn it up...no harm in doing that at all.

Remember...as you step off the scales...you step into next week's weight loss! :) and I'll now step off my soap box...:D

My consultant always says it (not the soap box bit..lol) :D

I think it's true and personally very motivating. ;)

It's your journey and you're a grown-up so ultimately you'll do it your way. Just remember that you and the consultant both want the same thing (but you want it more than her) and that's for you to lose weight. But she can't make you follow plan or stick within your syns - that's down to you. Besides, maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones who can get away with a weekly blow-out after WI. The only way to find out is try it. As long as if you stay the same or worse you're willing to take it as a lesson learnt and adapt as necessary rather than blame anything or anyone else.

x

Thank you for all your replies, i have taken on board what has been said, i have had a great day, 1st i lost four and a half pounds at my weigh in and ive had some chocies, crisps and lovely pizza and garlic bread for tea and later i will be having a couple of brandys! Anyway i feel totally satisfied and ready for the week ahead, i never feel hungry during the week or deprived as there is sooo much free food on offer so believe me i dont feel deprived. Next friday will be the test anyway and if ive lost a couple of pounds fantastic i will stick to what im doing, but if ive lost none i will follow the diet properly, i will let you know how i do

I have one treat night a week, I have to or I'll go bonkers. I know that it slows down my weight loss, but as I have so much to lose I know it's going to be a long journey even if I'm a saint the whole time.

As another poster said it might have been your choice of words that didn't impress your leader!

Good luck for next week :)

Back