Extra Easy Saving syns so confused?!

porkypie

Firstly I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

I have a HUGE girls weekend away planned for the end of March. I already know now it's not going to be mineral water and salad!!

I only joined SW in January and my consultant said we can save syns for nights our etc but last week she said they don't recommend this? So I'm uber confused and also my mind is saying I'm going to put the stone I've lost back on!!

What's the best thing to do?

porkypie said:
Firstly I apologize if this has been asked and answered.

I have a HUGE girls weekend away planned for the end of March. I already know now it's not going to be mineral water and salad!!

I only joined SW in January and my consultant said we can save syns for nights our etc but last week she said they don't recommend this? So I'm uber confused and also my mind is saying I'm going to put the stone I've lost back on!!

What's the best thing to do?

There are several options, which are all determined by the outcome you want!

1)You can use flexible syns, which involves a decision in advance of how many syns you are going to use, eg 150, and then enjoying them. The key to this is staying on plan before and straight after, and this keeps you in control. There is a chance you may still get a loss as it is only 2 days out of 7(or 6meals out of 21)

2)you can stay on plan for the whole thing, and just use 15syns a day, which means you should get a loss or

3) have the weekend off completely and then get back on plan when you get back-but that may well result in a gain:)

Hope that makes sense x

The official line from SW is 'ITS YOUR CHOICE' if you use your syns every day or you use them weekly.
Personally, i need a few each day but its up to you
and no your not going to put a stone back on.
I went away ova xmas for 2 wk, had few days off plan (REALLY OFF PLAN) and rest bang on plan - i came back and had stayed the same! So just shows it can be done.
The worst you are looking at is a tiny gain (1lb ish) and that will be straight off the week after.
Remember this is a long term healthy eating plan - so unless your never going out every again, you will have nights out - but thats the great thing about sw, you can 'live, eat, drink & enjoy' and still loose weight.
Focus on your outfit & stop worrying x

The reason (I would think) that your C said not to save syns is because this can lead to you feeling deprived and end up with a binge. I use weekly syns so I start the morning after weigh-in with 105 syns and use them up between then and the next weigh in. This means that if I fancy (as I did last week) a cupcake after already having had 11 syns I could, it took me total for the day to 23 but was still well within my syns for the week.

This doesn't work for everyone though, I do it coz I like a few pints and a curry on the weekend and if I gave them up I'd feel deprived but for people who, for example, like to use 15 syns a day on a choccie bar or whatever then it might not work quite as well.

My C has said that doing weekly syns is fine and I have lost 1.5lb, 1lb, 4lb then a plus 1.5 in the 4 weeks I've been doing it (the gain was star week though so hopefully that will show tonight).

God I love this forum!! Sooo many good points. I like to use my syns daily not all of them. So I think I'll save the week before then go and enjoy myself with my new figure :) and yeah if I put a 1lb on then it's only a 1. And I don't do it every week or month

Thank you everyone x

Back