Say No to junk food and Yes to healthier food!

Just had an inspirational text from sw consultant

The weekend is here hip hip hooray
But don't let bad choices ruin each day
You don't want disappointment when you weigh in next week
Cos you went over your syns total on the Wine, Crisps or Sweets
To protect your journey make a smart plan
And remember lots of free food whenever you can xxx

Read a book yesterday on quitting sugar addiction. More motivated then ever to give up sugary treats. I've known for ages that I have a problem with sugar and can't stop once I start. My mum been diabetic restricted my sugar as a child and always warned me. I wish I listened but just rebeled and ate loads of sugary things biscuits sweets etc. Sadly now she's passed away I can't tell her she was right and I was wrong.

Breakfast
Porridge

A good healthy start to the day:thumbup:

Can't do quotes on my phone.

That was a lovely text from your consultant. Very true!
I'm sure you'll be able to sort out your problems with sugar. The main thing is you've identified it. We all rebel from our mums. Even when we know they are right. I'm sure your mum knows that you realise she was right.

Weighed in earlier. Half pound off. Seems like a lit of effort for half a pound. Still, there's always next week!

Had a brilliant day. Walked the dog and the weather was lovely. Have had 3 meals today and not snacked on sugar things and definitely keeping an eye on the amount of sugar hidden in food.

Dinner
Turkey lettuce and tomato sandwich wholemeal bread

Tea
Pork pasta. Tblsp puree tomato
Mangetout

How's things? I'm managing to keep the junk food to a minimum and adding most of my syns to the actual meals I have. Its working so far as I'm feeling really full with my rich foodage at the moment. Long may it last! :rolleyes:

Great things are going well for you bubble:D

I'm eating well and no sugary junk in sight.:D:D

Feeling bloated due to totm and really wish my stomach would debloat as clothes feeling clingy.

Breakfast
Wholemeal toast

Tea
Spaghetti bolognese

Great things are going well for you bubble:D I'm eating well and no sugary junk in sight.:D:D Feeling bloated due to totm and really wish my stomach would debloat as clothes feeling clingy. Breakfast Wholemeal toast Tea Spaghetti bolognese

Well done you x

My main problem is sugary drinks, I have had a tuna mayo jacket and pesto pasta but had a costa hot chocolate and a Pepsi max :(

Well done you x

My main problem is sugary drinks, I have had a tuna mayo jacket and pesto pasta but had a costa hot chocolate and a Pepsi max :(

I know what you mean about sugary drinks. I love full sugar Pepsi. Unfortunately I can't have pepsi max as the sweetner aspartame gives me migraines.

I love hot chocolate I've not had the Costa one but I bet its lush:p

I know what you mean about sugary drinks. I love full sugar Pepsi. Unfortunately I can't have pepsi max as the sweetner aspartame gives me migraines. I love hot chocolate I've not had the Costa one but I bet its lush:p

Oh what a shame x

It is amazing, I have orange syrup in mine, it is heaven in a cup :)

Third Day of reducing sugary rubbish. Feeling really good and I've actually surprised myself. Work even had ALDI jelly babies and I didn't have one! I love these there are nicer than the Bassets ones. Despite loving them I didn't fancy them today so reducing sugar has reduced my cravings for sugar. This will be my week. Had a fab catchup and lunch out with Aunt. Hope this week continues to be good!

Breakfast
2 x pear

Dinner
Corned beef and tomato Toastie
Salad

Tea
Prawn Curry
Peppers

Third Day of reducing sugary rubbish. Feeling really good and I've actually surprised myself. Work even had ALDI jelly babies and I didn't have one! I love these there are nicer than the Bassets ones. Despite loving them I didn't fancy them today so reducing sugar has reduced my cravings for sugar. This will be my week. Had a fab catchup and lunch out with Aunt. Hope this week continues to be good! Breakfast 2 x pear Dinner Corned beef and tomato Toastie Salad Tea Prawn Curry Peppers

Well done on reducing the sugar and for avoiding the jelly babies x

Weigh in today. The junkiest thing I've had this week is a mug shot so I've accomplished that much! Hopefully the scales will show the difference!

Good luck for WI.

Prawn curry made with asda medium curry powder and a bit of tomato puree. Cooked with peppers. Its was lush but a bit too spicy for a weakling like me. ;)

Going well today and no sugary treats. Today was a little harder as I didn't sleep well. Everyone at work having sweets for afternoon slog. But resisted had cream crackers instead. :D

Popping to shops for some fresh goods. Definitely won't be buying any sugary rubbish as dont want it. Moneys tight till payday next week so only buying food as we need it.

Breakfast
Pear
Nectarine

Lunch
Tuna salad sandwich

Snack
4 x cream crackers

Wow the supermarket is a sugary junk food minefield:eek:

Never realised how much was sold especially in the offers sections. Didn't buy any so can't eat it!

Plenty of fruit and veg on offer:thumbup:

I cant even go to supermarket sometimes. When i feel weak willed i know id buy all the offers on the junk! Well done for not giving in to their winks and calling out your name! Your doing good this week sweetie. :)

The bubble will burst

Feeling better this week about shopping. Using up what`s in the freezer before I do a proper shop again.
Only things I`ll need this week is milk and bread which I`ll get from the corner shop. Less likely to spend a lot. Just in and out for the milk and bread.

Means I`ll have to use frozen veg for a while as we`re on an economy drive!!

Feeling better this week about shopping. Using up what`s in the freezer before I do a proper shop again.
Only things I`ll need this week is milk and bread which I`ll get from the corner shop. Less likely to spend a lot. Just in and out for the milk and bread.

Means I`ll have to use frozen veg for a while as we`re on an economy drive!!

Agree just get what you need. I've just been picking fresh goods this week and using whats in.

Its WI tomorrow! Where's this week gone!

Back