Saying goodbye to Vincent.....**VIDEO added

Sending hige hugs your way BL. My dog max is my baby boy and also came along at the toughest time of my life. He's a very handsome Golden Retriever and is loved by all the family. I'm his mum though! He's 13 now so starting to get a little old in some ways.

In sure Vincent will be glad not to have to suffer any pain any more but she'll never leave you. She's a stunning cat and the comfort she's given you in life will never be forgotten.

I'll be thinking of you on Saturday. I can't imagine how hard it is to have to make this decision but you know it's the right one for her.

You look after yourself. Much love xx

My boss just had to have her horse put down and he was 32 years old. I didn't
know what to say to her. I gave her a card. She was so brave and only took a day off work for the practicalities , but the pain shows in her face. I don't think I could cope like that.
I understand you probably can't talk about it BL, but please remember I am here any time.:cry:

Thanks again peeps. It is drawing nearer, and tonight will be our last night together.

She has been unable to eat anything other then prescription food, for months now. ANd she is always begging for a treat. But anything outside this diet makes her throw up.

But tonight, she can have whatever she wants, if she wants it.

Hubby is working the night shift, so he is feeling very sad that he has only hours in the morning to say goodbye.

I can't believe, tomorrow night, she will not be on our laps, cooing and purring and gazing at us lovingly, as she always does. :(

Thanks for all your kindness.

Will be thinking of you tomorrow - hope it goes peacefully.
xx

Bl i will be thinking of you, when we had to have our Rosie put to sleep it was very sudden and we had to make a snap decision. we knew it was right, but it was very painful. I cannot imagine what it must be like knowing it comming.

i really dont know what else to say.....

I will be thinking about you all tomorrow doll.. its just such a tragic thing to have to go through.. *hugs* to you and Vincent
x x

BL I'm in tears here reading your thread, Ameythist, that was such a gorgeous poem. I don't know what I'll do when the time comes for one of my cats (I did have to have my beautiful fluffy bunny put to sleep when her babies were only a couple of days old, I got so upset I threw up on the vet). I wish I could hold your hand and make it all better but I can't. Be strong love xxxx

I am staying up as late as I can tonight, to spend as much time with Vince as possible. I have a huge lump in my throat a lot of the time, but we had a lovely time in the garden tonight. She has not been outside for 8 years, as its not a safe area for animals. She got a treat tonight, and these will be her last photos.

YouTube - The Eve of Vincent: Goodbye to a Friend

Aw what a lovely video of pics of her, she's beautiful. I have no words to comfort you other than to remember the happy times. My dog who lived with my family was hit by a car last year and he was only 2, my Dad hasn't got over it, probably never will cos he blames himself but I wrote him a letter a month after about what I thought Leo would say if he could talk to him. He said the letter was lovely and a comfort at the time and he keeps it in his car.

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Thanks ladies.

I am a bit bleary eyed - I have stayed up all night. I tried to go to bed about 4am, but I would just cry, and then couldnt breathe. so got up and clld my OH at work. That helped. Then decided to just make a pot of coffee and "get up".

Bound to crash after we take Vince in.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

I think she knows.

I think she is hoping.

xx

made me cry your photos... I really empathise as I know I will feel exactly the same way when it's Ben. Hope today goes as well as can be expected, will be thinking of you xx

Just been in tears looking at your vincent
My thoughts are with you today

:( I have just given my cat a death sentence.

We are having her put to sleep Saturday morning. I thought I would feel relief, but I feel my heart splitting in two. That may sound dramatic, but in many ways, she saved my life. She found me, when I was at my lowest. She walked into my living room one day, and never left. She is the most beautiful cat I have ever had, with long silky silvery-beige hair, and ginormous blue eyes. She is gentler then a summer breeze and I already feel lost.

I have been after my husband for weeks saying we had to let her go - it was destroying me to see her getting weaker and weaker, but he could not bear it and refused to even discuss it. He has now opened his eyes, and what I thought would bring me a great sense of relief has me fighting back tears with no end in sight and it has not even happened yet.

I could do with some hugs folks - I can't put in to words how special she has been to me, and how much I am going to miss her, and what a void she is going to leave..... :cry::cry::cry:

I'm sorry to hear this. All the best for this morning. :(

:hug99:

hey blonde logic just wanted you to know im thinking of you .. you have done the kindest thing you must no that !! no human or animal should be left in pain ... she had a lovley life with you ,,what a lucky cat ..

Please dont be too sad she wouldent have wanted you sad would she? ...x

I just don't get here much nowadays, so I'm sorry I wasn't around to offer support to you *hugs*.

It is a heartbreaking decision to make. When a progression is slow, it's even harder to make it. But you were right to make it, and you will in time come to only seeing the joy you brought to each other's lives.

love,
Andy xxx

Awww BL. Hugs.:(

Back