SB's first (and only) attempt

I think that's a good plan. If I had time I might be taking the steps more slowly myself. Step three is so enjoyable anyway. I never feel hungry at all!

pics of new dresses ordered online. i'm having a fat day (was out for buffet lunch) but took them anyway as i can't guarantee when i wear them i'll be feeling thin!

i'm thinking the last one is a definite no.

the first one is annoying because i love the dress but i don't think it really suits me. plus it only comes in small/medium/large and this is the medium and it's a bit loose around the shoulders but definitely not loose on the stomach.

middle two are ace though.

Attachments

• P1020879.JPG
    P1020879.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 57
  • P1020883.JPG
    P1020883.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 49
  • P1020885.JPG
    P1020885.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 55
  • P1020886.JPG
    P1020886.JPG
    108.8 KB · Views: 49
adore the green one. The shoulders give structure and balance and the empire line flatters your tummy. love the deep V too. The last one, forgive me - I'm so glad you're sending it back. You look like a bee! :D

spangles said:
adore the green one. The shoulders give structure and balance and the empire line flatters your tummy. love the deep V too. The last one, forgive me - I'm so glad you're sending it back. You look like a bee! :D

What she said - the green one is super flattering Love it

Umm where are these from?

Buzzzzzzzzz!

The downside of online shopping, i went for that one because it was a shift dress style and that was the most flattering of the previous batch. Unfortunately, the material is stretchy rather than structured and it looks mega unflattering in conjunction with the pattern.

Might wear the green one out tomorrow. Was going to wear my favourite from the original batch, but conscious am going out for a meal and it may look less good if i bloat. Tried it on again when i took the other photos and was feeling fat and it is borderline as to whether it was ok. Don't want to risk feeling manky on my night out so probably going to go with the green instead.

Choices, choices!

No 3! Really suits you. I think the necklines on the others are too high and don't flatter you - need to show more flesh around the neck/cleavage! Don't think 4 would suit anyone.

hmm, didn't have an official weigh-in this week but my scales are pretty much the same as CDCs.
9lbs on. :(

a combination of being ill, having some extra food due to that and having two meals out, PLUS some bits and pieces of cheating have really really taken their toll. and i'm on step3 so it's not glycogen gain.

am pretty annoyed with myself and quite scared now about life post-diet. i know i ate more than a person on a diet should eat and wouldn't lose weight, but i don't think i ate more than a person not on a diet should eat to gain that much! yes the meal on sat night was three courses but i didn't feel uncomfortably full and other than that i didn't go mad or binge and there was substitutions, e.g. i didn't have my fruit or yogurts all week.

still feel quite ill but starting exercise today regardless now. have no idea how i'm going to lose that gain without going back to SS, which is not an option, i can't live my life doing SS every few weeks.

Did you eat 31500 cals over your bmr? That'd be equivalent to 112.5 mars bars? I suspect not, so you know it isn't 9lb of fat. I'm fairly sure we re-glycogenate in stages during the steps: hence more starchy foods on step four.

But even if not, upu know you retain water when you're sick. We all do. That's not a mechanism of ketosis. It's your body storing fluids to keep it going in the battle against lurgies. Please don't feel sad. Unless you ate 101.6 pints of haagen daz this week, it isn't fat. It can't be.

thanks hun.

a sneaky weigh today and i'm already 3lbs down again, so a fair bit less freaked now.

and i stuck to plan today and did my exercise - 30mins on the cross trainer.

fingers crossed for a speedy recovery!

Try tracking on myfitnesspal? Might help at least until you feel sure you are having the right amount of calories and then go it alone?

Like spangles said its clearly not fat so please don't panic about the whole post CD future over the numbers xxx

Thanks Lara, i'm still supposed to be on step3 so i know what i should be having, just had a few 'deviations' this week.

Will stick to it properly this week and hopefully recover a bit, then i'll probably stay on step3 as a base until i feel more comfortable about finishing the steps.
I know it's a bit screwed up that i'd rather be on step3 most of the time and then if i have an occasion or meal allow myself to go off plan than actually go up the steps to where that meal might be allowed anyway! I suppose i'm thinking that if i'm on a diet at least 80% of the week it will help me keep under control. At some point i'm going to have to move to a higher base level of calories but i want to get the exercise regular first.

SB - well done for getting back in the saddle. I usually throw the towel in if I go one step off course - I guess that's why I'm a pudding!

hmmm, well still struggling with a cold and i need to accept really that i've been doing step4 ish ever since i got ill (nearly two weeks!).

so i have decided that post-weekend shop, i'm going to do step4 strictly. it seems silly to have got used to a certain amount of food and then go back down a step, 1200 is still low, i'm probably better off actually sticking to step4 and seeing what happens.

fingers crossed (again) that i feel better next week and actually do some exercise. i managed one workout last week on tuesday and then wed-fri was noticeably ill-er so didn't do any more.

I'm finding step 4 a little harder than step 3, tbh. Too carby - feeling hungry sometimes, which isn't too awful cos you get to eat so often, but is unwelcome nonetheless.

Also, because I sleep later on weekends, today I struggled to fit in lunch, so had a third pack instead. It'd got to seven pm, and I'd had a pack, then brekkie, then another pack... And then i thought I can't be faffed with cooking lunch when it's dinner time soon.

i need to get back to spacing my food out properly so i get that little and often thing going again.

on step3, i would usually have a shake at the same time as brekkie, i'm going to leave it til later now so i don't get that food-less lull later on. also, going back to having half a bar with a cup of tea, but now the timings will be one in the morning and one in the afternoon. essentially the products are becoming my snacks, which should mean i don't ever feel the need for a naughty snack!

struggling a little bit mentally with following the plan properly again, even though the food is plenty.

i just want to have my flexibility back, and trust myself to moderate my intake.

but first i need to finish the steps and finish adjusting my body back to food. and the best way to do that is to follow the steps properly, or at least attempt to follow the calorie allocation properly.

weigh-in last night was good, considering i'm still a bit poorly, 6lbs of the spike gone.

and i exercised last night and plan to again tonight. knee is aching a bit, bloody better not start acting up!

Yes, impatience is getting to me. And on some days I've deviated from step 4 because I just didn't want that much food. It does seem a little bit pointless sometimes. now I'm well out of keto, what harm will flexibility do...?

But there are fairly good answers to that - and anyway, I don't want to take any chances. I want to give maintenance my best shot, the steps aren't forever, and so I just need to do them.

So 2lbs up at weigh in. :(

Have not been 100% but have been close and have exercised three days of the week.

Had been holding steady all week then had a meal out sunday lunch and had a little jump up.

Am continuing with step4 this week and hoping to do better (apart from a planned meal on sat). Exercised tonight after weigh in.

Not that fussed about the weight, just want my waist measurement to go down a couple of inches. It went up half an inch last week and hasn't come back down.

2lbs down at weigh-in.

not sure i believe that as was a late weigh in and i was a bit dehydrated, but worst case scenario i think i would have been a STS which is ok, especially as i had the kind of week i expect to have a lot when i'm done - good in the week and bad at the weekend.

i'm doing step5 now, but i'm only planning to do it properly until friday as away at the weekend. after that i'm coming off plan altogether. My BMR should be about 1500 so i'm basically already in maintenance.

plan is to have a week without caring, until after Easter. then rein it in for a couple of weeks to try and lose a couple more pounds (not CD but strict calorie intake of about 1000), then see where i am.

i want to diet deliberately not using CD as this is essentially a test of the kind of diet i intend to do in the future if i have a little gain i want to get rid of.

have been keeping up the exercise, but need to step it up over the next few weeks.

So, in my seemingly doomed quest to find a lightweight jacket siutable for the current weather, i went into H&M for the first time in years. Loads of good stuff, but got to the changing rooms to discover that not only am i not a size12 in there, i'm probably not even a 14, stuff was mega too small!
Refused on principle to buy in a 16, so gave up :(

Back