SB's first (and only) attempt

Omg you had a right good shop up!!! Very nice indeed :) My faves have to be number 2 and 6, you look amazing :)
I think the floral one looks lovely too, but can you see the placement of the flowers is completely different to mine!

V lovely xxxxx

My faves are 2, 5, 6.

JB, the fourth one is the copy cat.

Vi, yeah i couldn't work out why it didn't seem as nice as yours, then i looked at your pic and realised yours has loads more flowers on it. Hubby likes it least as well. Think i will take it back, can have a look to see if they have another with better placement whilst i'm there, if not then return it.

gorgeous - i vote numbers 3, 4 and 5 as being the most flattering - they make you look really slender!

Thanks so much guys. Another brilliant fact - i was putting the flowery one back in the bag to take back and swap and i noticed that it isn't a 12, it is a 10! It almost made me want to keep it! I did think when i retried it on that it was a little bit tight across the bust, that would be why. I will get a 12 if i do swap though, i think the fit will be better overall.

On the down side, my weigh in was the expected gain of 3lbs. I almost don't care now. Fabby, fabby day!

Never thought i'd ever buy a 10, not even a 10 that's a little bit tight, by mistake, in a shop that does generous fits!
First time for everything!

This is a problem isnt it? I call it size denial. You dont accept that you are in fact almost waif life now. You cant possibly be a ten...well honey you are wrong...you are sure hanging out in the no-mans land between a 12 and a 10...so huray you!

I think you look amazing, but honestly, I think some of those dresses look a tad "roomy" the two maxi dresses especially. I think you could manage a 10 in those for sure...AND I would not take back number 4 at all...4 and 5 are the best and really make you look the tiny pint size gal you are. I would keep them. All the better if you think the flowers need a little jush to swap it, but I think it really suits you. Now number 2, I do like it, but it's my least favourite, I think it is a bad cut or something. If I was going to take any back it would be that one.

Thanks hun! I think the three you pointed out do look better in real life, they make me look a bit short in the photo (and therefore wider). I will def get another of 4 if they have one with more flowers on it. I really like the style but the pattern isn't as nice with less flowers.

also, slight reality check, the maxi dresses look roomy from the front but not from the side, the trouble with being an apple shape is i do look a LOT thinner from the front!

the maxi dresses pull in slightly under the bust and so a smaller size would make my stomach look bigger.

well, i appear to have had a little spree again (seriously - 25% off at DPs!)
i popped back in to see if they had that dress in a 12 and better pattern and they didn't, but i did exchange it for some fabulous shoes:
Multi pastel print peep shoes - Heels - Dorothy Perkins

then i popped online, considering getting that dress, discovered they had more lovely dresses and so got 4 more :D

i even paid special attention to the shift dresses because i think they are my best shape after the first batch and got the coral/black dress that i had previously overlooked just because of that.

Purple poppy dress - Day Dresses - Dresses - Dorothy Perkins

Coral/black stripe dress - Shift Dresses - Dresses - Dorothy Perkins

Navy poppy floral dress - View All - Dresses - Dorothy Perkins

Turquoise floral print dress - Dorothy Perkins

this is the only upside to the fact that i am working ALL weekend, as i'm going to need that overtime money! :cool:

also, more motivation to maintain, i WILL be wearing those dresses this summer! i already wore the blue maxi dress last night :)

Lovely choices hun - especially the shoes oooo love them!

And it's def all about finding the shape for you :)

pleasantly surprised by weigh in today, 2lbs off so back down to GOOOOAAAALLLLL ;)

i've hardly been away from work most of the week so haven't really had a chance to weigh myself at anywhere near weigh in time so didn't really know what to expect.

so, all's good and finally finished overtiming! woo-hoo!
i will celebrate tonight with a big sit, and tomorrow i may actually do some exercise.

Another?! Well, i do still have to check out some other shops that i can use my new store card in!

I think i'm going to hold off a few weeks before my next spree, just conscious that other shops probably have slightly smaller sizes and don't want to try on size 12s to find they don't fit. Hoping to lose another inch or two first before then.

Urrgh, feeling really crappy with a cold the last couple of days and have been a naughty girl.

Yesterday i had some lemsips and then late afternoon started feeling really woozy, got concerned that it was due to medicine on a relatively empty stomach so had an emergency sandwich.

Today, made the deliberate choice to have a sandwich at lunch and didn't feel too concerned about it, but then fell headfirst into a bag of chocolate buttons (my poorly snack of choice) later on.

Trouble with justifying any deviation from plan to yourself is it makes the next deviation seem less bad (at the time!).

Will try to do better but have two planned deviations coming up friday and saturday, i should have been being extra good the rest of the week to compensate. And of course feeling ill i haven't exercised. :(

Arrrgghhh!

feeling a bit more on track today.

still feel like death and on the lemsip but extremely early nights mean i am coping and i just thank God i wasn't ill last week when i had to do a 60hr week.

i am going to have 'real food' at lunch again due to the medicine but i have not and will not buy any more 'emergency' chocolate.

pre-diet i was very good at buying a big bag of choc and actually making it last (giant buttons so much nicer than normal and only come in big bags!). now if i give myself the opportunity to have a mini diet rebellion it seems it all goes to pot. i'm not too concerned about this being a long term problem but i need to reign it in until i am in proper maintenance, aka step6.

i'm not too bothered about losing any more but i must not gain!

What step are you on now, honey?

still step3(ish), i was thinking of going up to 4 next week but now i think i will do another week on step3 with the exercise and then carry on up. hopefully that will stabilise me a bit!

trouble is i haven't followed step3 particularly strictly, mostly because of events and now because i'm not well. i could just go up to step4 now but i'm reluctant to do that until i'm a bit less worried about gaining, as i feel like going to step 4 is saying i really am done now.

Back