SB's first (and only) attempt

am not happy, at all. just had weigh-in and guess what? STS!

after time off-plan I SS+ed for 6 days and I haven't lost ANY weight. wtf?
am so angry. i've been struggling and for what?!

only thing to do is switch to SS and see what happens. could do without it as already feeling knackered and starving and have loads to do over the next week. :(

oh honey, how upsetting - do you feel bloated/bunged up? have you been ill?

nope, nope and nope!

only small consolation is i know i was weighing less yesterday on my own scales (and they tend to match CDCs) so i have had another attack of being inexplicably heavier on weigh in day compared with day before.

even if i'd been the same today would still have been a very low loss of 3-4lb for what was essentially a first week-type situation.

hmmm - never can tell... i sympathise though.

i now suspect, having felt absolutely dreadful all day yesterday and ok today - that i have only just gone into ketosis. pretty slow work to take 6-7 days, but then i realised that the first time i started and got in quickly (and a couple of restarts after planned breaks in the early days) i was on SS not SS+.

so i am now more confident that SS is the way to go and will actually have some effect!

i have started just SS today and will do at least one week if not two before SS+ing the last bit off. if it seems to be going really well and i'm coping i might even do 3/4 weeks and have an SS+/810 week just to bridge the gap between SS and step3.

i am doing ok so far. having to mentally rearrange when to expect food, i've been in a routine of shake first thing, half a bar late morning, other half at lunch, shake late afternoon and then meal in the evening.

i don't get up particularly early and eat dinner late (anytime between 7 and 9pm) so it's the afternoon that is the hardest bit. now i have to go for shake first thing, half a bar at lunch, other half late afternoon and then shake in the evening.

on the plus side if i unexpectedly work later than planned, which happens more often than the word 'unexpectedly' implies, i have a couple of spare shakes at work, so can decide whether to have dinner(!) a bit earlier if i need it.

hunger won't kill me
hunger won't kill me
hunger won't kill me
and repeat :(

it's a sonofagun for sure. do you think you weren't in ketosis before?

Yep it seems likely, i felt physically ok the first few days but dreadful yesterday and now ok again today.

I don't think i've had problems before staying in ketosis but maybe i have and that explains my lower than average losses on SS+

Made it through today ok anyway. Held out til 5pm before the second half of my bar so was able to have 'dinner' shake at dinner time.

Onwards and downwards :)

stick at it baby.

well, am now confident that i will actually lose SOME weight this week.

would ideally like my first week whoosh to be delayed. unofficial weigh-ins indicate that this is very likely, but then last week they indicated a loss so will just have to see what happens on monday.

am coping ok on SS, have had a bit of emergency chicken when i had an 11hr day at work on wed but no real cheats or blips.

am so, so, busy all the time at the moment. it helps to distract but i do wonder if i'd still be knackered all the time if i was eating. am working 6 days a week plus some extra when i can manage it (have to do a minimum of 10hrs overtime a week - paid, thankfully). also have just started house-hunting/planning to move so the 7th day and evenings are mostly spent cleaning and tidying our flat and sorting through stuff for a pre-move/pack clear-out and house viewings and meetings with estate agents/solicitors/building societies. luckily it looks as though even if we are very quick to get and make an offer, there will be no actual moving until March (workload goes back to normal end Feb) so i should be able to cope!

saw 4 houses yesterday and loved two of them, one is perfect and top end of budget and one is pretty good and MUCH cheaper and we could do a small extension and make it better/add value. plus we could afford to do it straightaway which would be ace.

only downside is our flat doesn't even go onto the market til tues/wed so can't do anything about making offers until we get an idea of how long our place will take to sell. it should sell fairly quickly for a decent price because it's quite unique and a similar (less unique) one sold recently.

had a wierd time doing the viewings. we're looking really close to a high street that we love and we kept going into the same pub inbetween each one to have a cup of tea. this pub does ace food including fabulous cakes that they have on the bar and they kept trying to give us free biscuits with our tea - torture! hubby is on the diet as well luckily so we stayed strong.

both really looking forward to when we live in the area which co-incidentally will be about the time we come off the diet. so then we can have our cake and eat it!

so, restart first week whoosh was indeed delayed - 8lbs off!

tbh i was hoping for a little more to make up for the fact it took two weeks, as i'm still overall behind plan. but at least i know it was worth sticking with it. :)

ahh - it's rotten when you're behind plan. Unless i drop hugely overnight, i'm looking at a pound or so tomorrow - which is not what i need when i'm working to a schedule, godammit!

So tomorrow i am going out for afternoon tea, with just the tea, then later drinking and dancing without the drinking.

I can cope with the night part as i've done that several times before on this diet, but i know i'm going to feel ridiculously deprived at the tea whilst everyone else eats their sandwiches and scones and cake. I want to go to see everyone and be sociable but i've not been very strong this week (blip at work today) and not feeling it at the moment.

I know i can do it, and i will do it, but a part of me will be sad that i have to do it.

I just hope my friend who i've not seen too recently comments on my loss, that should give me a boost!

oh gosh - afternoon tea... i don't think i could put myself through that. much harder for me than sitting and not having xmas dinner, for sure.

can you plan another afternoon tea for when you get to goal? that's what i'm doing for my (Cambridge-postponed) birthday this year. Then at least you'll be able to console yourself knowing that it will be your turn soon.

Ooh yes, there is already a postCD afternoon tea planned!

Have been in and out of a pub that does it with the OH and we are both looking forward to indulging properly at some point.

Afternoon tea down, night out to go.

Not meeting til 10ish, which is not long before my usual bed-time!

Not long got in, feeling ok. Had some emergency scrambled eggs as did a lot of dancing, although i wasn't especially more hungry than when i went to bed last night, i don't want my sleep disturbed by being starving first thing when i've not been in bed long!

Got loads of compliments, just a shame one of my friends seems to have a mini crisis every time she's drunk, aka every time we go out, plus i never know the full story so i can't help and often don't know what's going on! All i know is she likes a guy, not sure which one (she chatted to a few) and he left early and she was upset he didn't say goodbye cos she'd been looking for him for ages not knowing he'd gone.

And my other friend pulled a guy who frankly was a bit of a knob! Glad i didn't say anything though as turns out they're quite good friends and she's been on a few dates with him before.

Sometimes it's a pain being the only sober one. Plus i'm the only attached one so when the other girls get flaky i don't like to chat to random guys cos i sort of think it's false advertising if you're not on the pull!

weigh-in tonight and really really hope my official weigh-in reflects my latest few unofficial ones.

so far i am NOT bloated for no apparent reason as per my Monday curse and nor have i drunk more water than usual so fingers crossed!

well i jinxed the bloating with the above comment!

weigh-in was ok though, 4lbs off. i know that's a good loss but i was hoping for a bit more judging by the unofficial weigh-ins. nevertheless, i still have a chance at being at goal before the date i've set to step-up (based on an occasion and also wanting to have an end-point in sight).

it is only 7lbs to go, just conscious i quite often have low losses for no apparent reason so want to get the best weigh-ins now to make up for bad ones that might come later!

Back