SB's first (and only) attempt

i'd given my eye teeth for 4lbs last week, and yesterday looks like half that if i'm lucky.

:( i know.

It is a good loss, am just pre-empting rubbish ones later by wanting the highest possible now!

just thought i'd tell about a wierd moment at work today.

there's a guy i sort of work with, who sits on the other side of the office but i see him every day at our daily team meeting, who i don't talk to a lot. i saw him in the kitchen and he commented that i wasn't having milk in my tea and i replied that i don't have it in Earl Grey and i switched to that because normal tea needs a biscuit!
his response was 'oh, is that a weight loss thing?' mildly curious.

so, he hasn't noticed that i've been on a diet for 8 months, or that i've lost 4 and a half stone and gone down two dress sizes. and his job requires good observation and close attention to detail!

just shows some people don't notice that kind of thing. made me smile.

Last edited:
well tonight would normally be weigh-in time, but luckily my CDC is away as i am still at work.

will weigh on my own scales, but not sure whether to do it when i get in much later or at normal weigh-in time tomorrow.

think will probably go for today, but just be aware the different time might mean i'm heavier (or lighter!).

hmm, well i've been slightly sneaky.

given that i couldn't weigh in at my normal time, i have decided to note my best weigh in of the night (-2lbs), rather than the one i took as soon as i got in (-1lbs).

this is partly because when i weighed in unofficially last night, i was showing -5lbs, so i sort of refuse to believe the 1lb is accurate (although the 5lbs was clearly a fluke!).

hey ho, doesn't really matter, and last week of SS now, will be SS+/810 the week after and then the fabulous step 3! not bothering to SS+/810 for longer than a week as it's not like i've been on strict SS for weeks on end, just since Christmas break.

Hey honey, have you joined bettie's 10% thread in teams? It's for people stepping up and/or finishing off.

will do next week, just want to do one more week at full on SS to get as low as i can before that last part of the process. looking back at my stats only full SS has given me good results, even though i know logically there isn't much difference with SS+. although, will actually be SS+ a couple of days this week due to meals out, but SS when i can.

Well i'm still down tonight at a more reasonable time, so feeling less dodgy about the sneakiness yesterday!

here are pics i took last sat. ace from the front, just wish i could lose the belly from the side. it might not be too obvious in my fab flattering dress but my belly comes out pretty much level with my boobs :(

Attachments

• Jan-front.JPG
    Jan-front.JPG
    116.4 KB · Views: 42
  • Jan-side.JPG
    Jan-side.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 36
ooh - love the way that dress brings out the colour of your hair. Beautiful.

Thanks hun!

really struggling the last couple of days. am not looking like i'm going to lose any weight this week, although i do have the weekend left so you never know.

it's mostly because i'm stepping up to level 3 in just over a week, and i was hoping to get to goal before i do. i think i will be pretty close to my weight goal, as i'm pretty close now. the issue is that i'm not at my size goal, and i don't see how i can get there by losing just a couple more pounds.

i'm in a slightly loose 14, and when i started this diet i would have been thrilled at that, but now i'm here, and i'm still the applest-shaped apple ever, i'm not happy. it's not really about the clothes sizes, it's mostly about my shape, and that even though most of me is really quite slim now (!), all it does for me is highlight that i still have the most massive stomach comparatively.

also, i know that when i start eating real food, however low carb/healthy i am i will bloat out a little bit, so it will only get worse.

i have a small hope that exercise will help a bit, and i do plan to exercise when i step up, but i know that exercise can't target fat in any specific place.

so i'm stuck in a loose 14, and i don't think i'm going to be able to move properly to a 12. i bought some 12 trousers in anticipation some time ago, and they do fit, and they're not stupidly tight, but they are unflatteringly tight (muffin-woman!). and even if i lose an inch so they are ok, it means that every time i have a 'fat' day i'll be bursting out of them. i'd rather accept i'm a 14 really than become paranoid that i look fat for the rest of my life when in reality i'm the thinnest i've ever been!

i feel a bit silly being annoyed at all this. after all, i'm the thinnest i've ever been!

i just want thinking about my weight/size all the time to become a thing of the past when i'm off this diet. obviously there'll have to be some moderation applied to food and exercising regularly, but i can do that. i'm confident about that. i just thought that once i was 'normal-sized' i wouldn't look fat anymore, and now i'm not convinced that is true.

would it help to focus more on the better bits? apple shapes generally have great legs, and if you're the thinnest you've ever been, can you start dressing to really accentuate them? Also - is any of your tummy loose skin? because in a year's time that will almost certainly have sprung back a bit.

thanks hun. yes i do hope my body will sort of catch up with the loss and that will improve things. legs are not too bad, so might have to invest in some more dresses/skirts.

i suppose i just always thought that if i ever got down to this size i would look much better than i look?! i've now realised that if i want to look properly slim then i'll have to get properly slim, in other words reduce my goal down from BMI25. and frankly, i can't be bothered.

i just have to learn to accept that i've done pretty well. and there is possibly a bit of thinking i still look how i used to going on here as well.

dunno, thought there'd be some sort of parade in celebration or something at the end, and instead there's just me impatiently waiting until i can eat again! (in moderation, obv.!)

yes - i think there is the danger that because we've sacrificed so much, that *any* result would be an anti-climax. i do want a tickertape parade, and i will be having a party - but then it will be over and then we just have to carry on. just be. :hmm:

I will have a celebration when i reach goal weight at least!

Feeling so much more positive today.

Possibly related to the fact today is my first day off without any to-do list since i went back to work after Christmas.

I don't have to leave the house at all.

Urgh to having to go outside and into work!

weigh-in later, think i'll be lucky to get a 2lb loss, more likely 1lb.

on the plus side, today i am wearing my size 12 trousers. i am a muffin woman, but given that i don't really own any fitted clothing my top covers the worst of it fairly well. i intend to wear them all week, so i can assess how well they fit and whether or not i feel ok wearing something that's really a little bit too tight.

also, i think wearing trousers that were a loose fit were giving me a false sense of not needing to lose any more. of course, when i go to step 3 in a weeks time, i will probably need to revert to 14s to allow for bloating. we shall see.

So weigh in was a measly 1lb.

Suspect that's partly down to sort of switching to SS+ halfway through the week, not giving me great hope for this week coming up on SS+ but as i'm up to step3 in a week can't really do full on SS until then.

Limping towards the finish line.

Back