Scale obsessing and goals - Trust yourself!

Hi Roo! I'm a newbie this week too. I don't think you should be disappointed with half a stone a month, if it was a friend of yours you'd be delighted for them, but when it's ourselves we can be awfully judgemental. Time passes quickly and before you know it you'll be 30lbs down and wondering why you were so tough on yourself. Keep at it!

Hi all,

Now this is something I have been thinking about for a while. You know how you work so hard for a week, you get on the scale and feel like you deserve this huge loss? Any one regocinze that?

I think I realized something that I felt was really important to me, so I wanted to share it with you guys and see if you agreed.

So, I see a lot of people that weigh-in _a lot_! For some, several times a day. You probably know that your weight fluctuates loads during one day, depending on carb storage, water volume and so on. So my question is, when you step on that scale ask your self why? If you know that you have not been eating well, would you still get up on the scale several times a day? Do you use the scale as a confirmation that you are doing something right? Is the scale your reward for doing such a good job during the day? Then you will get disappointed. Your scale does not tell you the truth on what you are doing, it’s not the pat on the back that you need! If you know that you are on the right track and doing the right things, sticking to your diet and healthy lifestyle then what you need to do is continue! Not get your confidence from a scale!

For me, I now weigh in every two-weeks. Sometimes when I feel bloated, heavy or if i’m on my period, I step on the scale basically to learn how my body works and reacts to different situations but it’s not my motivation! My motivation is that I every day look back at my short term goals, and every day for each goal I have lived up to I think YEY me! Today I kept to my diet and i biked everywhere! Because I know the goals I have set are right and if I just keep doing them I will loose weight, this is my trust, this is where I get my confidence and how I motivate myself not by a number on a scale. So trust yourself! Make good realistic goals that you know are right and give yourself a big pat on the back for every day you archive them! Trust yourself - not your scale.

I admire your determination and your principle. Keep it up! We need someone like you!

Back