Scales at Boots

Ro Laren

7st 11lbs down ...
Hello everyone - this is my first post so be gentle with me! Today I reached my first milestone of 1 stone down, from a total planned weight loss of 16 stone.

My gripe is this ... why does my local Boots have to have the electronic scales right next to the queue for the tills? People have nothing to do whilst they're waiting, except look at me, it seems.

:eek::eek::eek:

Anyway, greetings to all on here and 'Onwards and Downwards!'

Love Sarah :)

Hiya

Why not write a little note to the manager and point this out to him, he or she may not realise and would welcome the feedback and you never know they might then go and move them. If they don't know then they will stay there.

Anyway just a thought that I always appreciate feedback from my clients and Boots probably do the same.

Mike

I've been weighing in Tesco near the opticians but found out last week that they also have scales in the ladies loo, so thats where I'm weighing on Tues!

Hiya Ro, grab a chair and make yourself comfy. Now you are here you wont want to leave.
Great that you have started on your weight loss adventure.
Have you tried the scales at the local pool? Have a look if they are any more private there. Also like flip flop says, the ones in Tescos are usually discretely placed near the toilets.
If you are south yorkshire, then you are just over the pennines from me lol
Lynne x

Thanks for the replies. I may well speak to the manager next week.

My experience of weight loss has always followed the same pattern: Lose weight, put it back on plus a bit more. Repeat.

Consequently I got up to my highest ever weight of 26st6lbs. I'm now losing weight, but using this time to consider why I always put the weight back on. I'm not following any particular plan, just eating healthier and exercising more. Vaguely calorie counting, but I have to be careful because I can get too obsessive about it.

I'm finding this forum very informative and supportive, and I'm hoping it will make the difference this time!

- Sarah

Ours are right by the queues too although it's the Q for the pharmacy so not as bad...the one at our tesco however is right by where the lotto is facing a load of choccy which always makes me laugh at the irony.

:)
X

Yesterday I went for my weekly weigh-in at Boots, and the machine said 'Out of paper, call for assistance'.

FOUR assistants later, they still couldn't work out how to insert the paper roll, so I did it myself and finally got my print-out!

Made me laugh ...

Hello Janey, thanks! Good luck for your much-anticipated weigh-in tomorrow!

I'll be crossing fingers for you x

Yesterday I went for my weekly weigh-in at Boots, and the machine said 'Out of paper, call for assistance'.

FOUR assistants later, they still couldn't work out how to insert the paper roll, so I did it myself and finally got my print-out!

Made me laugh ...

Haha that made me giggle, seems like you were determined to weigh in, good on you! xx :eek:

Back