Scales trouble... uneven floors!

Miss_G

Does anyone else have the trouble that their floors are uneven and you cant get a proper reading from your scales?

We moved to an old bungalow a few months ago and I get a different reading from every part of the floor.. as much as 6lbs different!
I've been doing SW for a while and when ive weighed in there and come home ive tried to find a place that give me the same reading as the SW scales.. but then the week after ive used the exact same space and its different again :rolleyes:

I dont really want to have to go to Boots every week to weigh in - has anyone got a tip for sorting this?

I weigh in the bathroom only. Sorry can't help you there, hope someone can. X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I used to live in an old bungalow and the floors were so bad and I had that prob as well. Had probs standing furniture up never mind the scales. I gave up and ended up giving them to my mam and just weighing myself at her house x x

I'm having problems with the scales as well. My scales say I'm 5lbs lighter than the Wii does!!

The only thing I can think that might help you is a board under your scales, like lastdiet4me suggested.

I wouldn't think a board would would work afterall if its the case your on a slope putting a board down your still on a slope just a higher one, the board would have to be different thickness at different ends, I kinda have the sane problem I just chose 1 place to WI and stuck to it so its consistant

put the scales in one place and dont move them. superglue them to the floor if you have to ;)
that way you will get an accurate reading of how much weight you have lost :)

I weigh in the kitchen, as kitchens should have a concrete floor (building regulations). But in some cases (really old houses) they still have wooden flooring...

Another vote here for using a large thick wooden board under your scales.

I used to have this problem, as I weighed in my bedroom, which had a thick carpet and creaking floorboards, but putting a large piece of flat plywood, about 2' x 2' or bigger and at least 1/2" thick solved it and gave me accurate consistent readings.

I wouldn't think a board would would work afterall if its the case your on a slope putting a board down your still on a slope just a higher one, the board would have to be different thickness at different ends, I kinda have the sane problem I just chose 1 place to WI and stuck to it so its consistant

I thought exactly this too!

put the scales in one place and dont move them. superglue them to the floor if you have to ;)
that way you will get an accurate reading of how much weight you have lost :)

I dont know about te glue but, good idea :)

yep use a board , it doesnt matter if the board is on a slope , as long as its all on the same level , its the bumps in the floor that are the problem not the slope

Really? Ok, I'll give it a go!

Take it out to your back garden/front step and weigh on a paving stone there? Lol maybe not so good in the rain but if you do it early enough in the morning there will be nobody about to see :p

I try to weigh with no clothes on so that should give the neighbours a shock! :eek::D

So the plan is im going to weigh in the same spot and use something board-like thats fairly thick underneath.
As a few of you said.. as long as im consistent in where I do it it should still give me accurate loss results.
Thanks guys. :) xx

Back