1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Scan bran (again)

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Ditsy, 29 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Ditsy

Ditsy Well-Known Member

:wavey: everybody,
    Im going to be brave and buy some scan bran tomorrow,never had them before..
    Just wondering how many can you have for a heb or how many syns in them..?
    Hope someone can help.
    xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Lianna

Lianna Well-Known Member

they are 1/2 sin each :)

4. montysmum

montysmum Member

These take a bit of getting used to. When I first tried them I thought it was like eating hard baked cardboard and I hated them.

Now though I like them and have them every day rather than other crispbreads. One warning though - they are FULL of fibre so overdose on them and you may well become best friends with your loo :)

5. Lianna

Lianna Well-Known Member

Montys mum have you tried the scan bran xmas cake???

6. IreneH

IreneH Well-Known Member

5 oat or scan bran for a HE b

Irene xx

7. Ditsy

Ditsy Well-Known Member

Thankyou for the replies. Hopefully they will help with weightloss. xx

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

They are an acquired taste, they are a bit bland and nutty tasting, but not too bad when you put something on them like Quark, cottage cheese etc, be prepared to chew for a while though....

9. Ditsy

Ditsy Well-Known Member

Ooh so theyll clear me out AND get rid of my jowls!!:p rofl.
    xx

10. Lucky7

Lucky7 Well-Known Member

Half a syn for each one. I wouldn't go straight into having 5, and make sure you drink lots of water too or you'll end up constipated.

I have one in my 28g of porridge oats in the morning for 1 HEb.

11. JackieRyan

JackieRyan New Member

We make chocolate cake out of them. It's not too bad either.... LOL!!

12. judimac

judimac Mad old Bat with Attitude

Or break a tooth! :p

13. tfmd

tfmd Well-Known Member

I usually have 5 a day ;0)
    I love them with boiled egg, chopped up bacon and a wee bit of low fat mayo....Yummy
    I actually like them, I always make sure I have a drink with me when Ieat them though...

14. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

I'm confused ...

Someone has said don't overdo it or you'll 'become best friends with your loo', someone else has said 'make sure you drink lots of water too or you'll get constipated'

They seem opposite! Or am I being dim lol

Does it make you more, or less, regular - as it were?

15. tfmd

tfmd Well-Known Member

Dave

They make you regular......;0)
    Better than laxatives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Thanks Hil, may have to get some ;)

Probably better for me than sugar free polos, same effect lol

17. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

5 scan bran sounds like a form of torture. I can just about cope with one with my Alpen lol

18. xJox

xJox Well-Known Member

Do u break it into pieces and add it to the Alpen?? I've just bought my first packet today to use with my Alpen but wasn't sure exactly what to do with it rofl....

xx

19. Irisheyes648

Irisheyes648 Active Member

Lol......if you eat a lot of fibre you need to also drink lots of water to help it pass through, otherwise it will end up as a big fiberous mass, people think that by eating lots of fibre rich food will make them 'go' this is true but if you are not drinking enough water you can end up constipated :D too much info i know lol :D

20. Starlight

Starlight Well-Known Member

I have it either with A LOT of Dairylea cheese (from my Hex A) or a banana. Either way I have to admit I dont really enjoy it

21. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

If they are only half a syn each then your HEB is only worth 2.5 syns. I think I'd much rather syn them and have something more worthwhile for my HEB ;)