Scan bran (again)

Ditsy

:wavey: everybody,
Im going to be brave and buy some scan bran tomorrow,never had them before..
Just wondering how many can you have for a heb or how many syns in them..?
Hope someone can help.
xx

These take a bit of getting used to. When I first tried them I thought it was like eating hard baked cardboard and I hated them.

Now though I like them and have them every day rather than other crispbreads. One warning though - they are FULL of fibre so overdose on them and you may well become best friends with your loo :)

Montys mum have you tried the scan bran xmas cake???

They are an acquired taste, they are a bit bland and nutty tasting, but not too bad when you put something on them like Quark, cottage cheese etc, be prepared to chew for a while though....

They are an acquired taste, they are a bit bland and nutty tasting, but not too bad when you put something on them like Quark, cottage cheese etc, be prepared to chew for a while though....

Ooh so theyll clear me out AND get rid of my jowls!!:p rofl.
xx

Half a syn for each one. I wouldn't go straight into having 5, and make sure you drink lots of water too or you'll end up constipated.

I have one in my 28g of porridge oats in the morning for 1 HEb.

I usually have 5 a day ;0)
I love them with boiled egg, chopped up bacon and a wee bit of low fat mayo....Yummy
I actually like them, I always make sure I have a drink with me when Ieat them though...

I'm confused ...

Someone has said don't overdo it or you'll 'become best friends with your loo', someone else has said 'make sure you drink lots of water too or you'll get constipated'

They seem opposite! Or am I being dim lol

Does it make you more, or less, regular - as it were?

5 scan bran sounds like a form of torture. I can just about cope with one with my Alpen lol

Do u break it into pieces and add it to the Alpen?? I've just bought my first packet today to use with my Alpen but wasn't sure exactly what to do with it rofl....

xx

Half a syn for each one. I wouldn't go straight into having 5, and make sure you drink lots of water too or you'll end up constipated.

I have one in my 28g of porridge oats in the morning for 1 HEb.

Lol......if you eat a lot of fibre you need to also drink lots of water to help it pass through, otherwise it will end up as a big fiberous mass, people think that by eating lots of fibre rich food will make them 'go' this is true but if you are not drinking enough water you can end up constipated :D too much info i know lol :D

If they are only half a syn each then your HEB is only worth 2.5 syns. I think I'd much rather syn them and have something more worthwhile for my HEB ;)

Back